Mobile phone help

Started by Our Nail Loney, July 14, 2008, 10:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

After a messy night there saturday, woke up sunday to find my phone with the battery missing! Dunno how this happened or anything but its not the first time so I'm not surprised!

Anyway, anyone know any shops in lurgan where i can buy a new sony ericsson battery?? Or where would I have to go? Rushmere? Portadown? Cheers

youngfella

:D how do you get yourself into that situation?

a dodgy text battery ripped out?
Pull hard and early

Our Nail Loney

Fcukin stupid cnut I am

Went and bought a new battery an all there midweek from portydown, fifteen quid it cost me. Had to use some dud one in the meantime covered in nail polish an all (previously owend by a girl)

Anyway cut to saturday night and I am getting ready to go out, put on my jeans that have been over the chair for a week and the f**king battery in the back pocket!! As if I had drunkenly put it there for safe keeping!

Stupid ****

Rufus T Firefly

Folks - a bit of advice please. You might have heard a rather large thud at the end of January. That was the sound of me crash-landing in the twenty-first century, as I acquired my first smartphone!   8)

One of the things I was hoping to use it for was to access my Secretary's Account for Armagh Harps, as I cannot access it in work. However when I go to press the 'Update Now' button for security update required, I get a rather ominous message that states that "the server outlook.office365.com requires that you allow it to remotely control some security features of your android device."

It then goes on to say that activating the app will allow it to erase all data, set password rules, disable cameras etc etc.

To what degree should I be concerned about this?   

the onion bag

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 27, 2017, 01:48:34 PM
Folks - a bit of advice please. You might have heard a rather large thud at the end of January. That was the sound of me crash-landing in the twenty-first century, as I acquired my first smartphone!   8)

One of the things I was hoping to use it for was to access my Secretary's Account for Armagh Harps, as I cannot access it in work. However when I go to press the 'Update Now' button for security update required, I get a rather ominous message that states that "the server outlook.office365.com requires that you allow it to remotely control some security features of your android device."

It then goes on to say that activating the app will allow it to erase all data, set password rules, disable cameras etc etc.

To what degree should I be concerned about this?   

The outlook app is a complete disaster, after I changed my phone there was litany of problems even getting logged into my gaa.ie account. Eventually I gave up and used the gmail app and I've had no problems with it.

Lecale2

The Onion bag is right. You can use another email ap to manage your secretary account. It doesn't have to be Outlook.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: the onion bag on February 27, 2017, 02:14:57 PM
The outlook app is a complete disaster, after I changed my phone there was litany of problems even getting logged into my gaa.ie account. Eventually I gave up and used the gmail app and I've had no problems with it.

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 27, 2017, 02:29:27 PM
The Onion bag is right. You can use another email ap to manage your secretary account. It doesn't have to be Outlook.

Thanks for the advice folks.