earthquake rattle

Started by maddog, February 27, 2008, 09:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Anyone else get the house shook last night? Happened about 1am, house was rattling and there was a sort of bang or thud. Lasted about 5 secs. Epicentre was around Market Rasen area.
One tosser in work locked himself in bedroom and called the police out as he though he was being burgled. You think you would check first.

thejuice

yeah, it shook the house, but it was over in a sec. few things fell down. At first i thought it was a massive explosion nearby or something. I could feel the seat i was in lifting.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Chrisowc

I woke up at 12.55am but didn't feel anything and thought nothing of it until I heard the news this morning.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

gerry

Mr. Kipling has apologised for the UK earthquake earlier this morning. But he has always made exceedingly good quakes.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Zapatista

;D

I woke up this morning with 2 birds flying about in my bedroom (the featherd type). Th windows where closed bso I don't know how they got in unless they had been there from yesterday morning or the night before. I had one last week too. Very wierd and kind of worrying. Sorry for posting this here I just wanted to let you know without starting a new topic. To make it relevant - I think the earthquke had something to do with it.

Shamrock Shore

Some offices in England have been destroyed:

Some v funny pictures on the Sky News website

Hardy

That was no earthquake. Larry Reilly pulled last night.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on February 27, 2008, 11:28:10 AM

:D :D :D excellent hardy
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

Quote from: Hardy on February 27, 2008, 11:28:10 AM

;D

It rocked my world too.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Zapatista on February 27, 2008, 11:08:42 AM
;D

I woke up this morning with 2 birds flying about in my bedroom (the featherd type). Th windows where closed bso I don't know how they got in unless they had been there from yesterday morning or the night before. I had one last week too. Very wierd and kind of worrying. Sorry for posting this here I just wanted to let you know without starting a new topic. To make it relevant - I think the earthquke had something to do with it.

:o
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Tony was on the curries last night....
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

some of them are very good. I like this one. Notice the sly little message on the computer screen :D

Star Spangler

Was that the same tremor as Donegal?  If so, surely the whole country would have felt it!

QuoteTremor felt in Donegal was earthquake Feb 22, 1:29 pm
A Professor of Geophysics says a loud bang and tremor felt by people all over Donegal in the early hours of yesterday morning was in fact an earthquake.

Professor John closkey of the University of Ulster says an earthquake with a magnitude of around 2.4 on the richter scale occurred under Inch island at around three o clock yesterday morning.

Speaking on the Sean Doherty show this morning the the professor said there is a chance that another earthquake could occur within the next few days, however he says the effects would be minimal.

rrhf

Theres no doubt the offices are going to need a serious hoovering when the cause of this earthquake is finally established.  Is there any way a universal alarm system could be established to provide advance warning.  It might just save your cup of coffee.  Im getting out, thinking of going somewhere the office can be safe like San Fran  ::)