Ulster Club SFC 2021

Started by general_lee, November 14, 2021, 07:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Glen weren't good today but the Donegal team didn't come to play fball, not like Kilcar or Gweedore a few years back. A Goal cushion early on in such a defensive game nearly won the game.

clarshack

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 21, 2021, 03:31:59 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 21, 2021, 02:03:34 PM
Was about to post that. Brutal.
Dublin game even worse.

Brutal. None of the players seem to want to take a shot.

0-0 to 0-0 at water break (21 mins)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 19, 2021, 11:13:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 09:25:26 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 19, 2021, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 19, 2021, 08:31:15 PM
Ulster Council website showing Sunday's game from Letterkenny I hear

Glen by 8

8? At this stage we are looking at max 3 point wins, which is considerable at this stage of the year

Yeah 8. Glad to be proven wrong

8 points or an 8 point win?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhailov

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 21, 2021, 02:55:41 PM
They the one with 15 men behind the ball inside their own half encase you can't tell the teams apart Milltown.

Glen were no angels when it came to defensive play either. Everyone behind the ball the whole first half and only looked decent when they had to press and chase the game. In fairness, Winter football is totally different and Glen will come on a lot as a result if this win. A very dour game, but Glen won't worry about that. Scotstown in CP next day out

JoG2

Huge win for Glen. Great reaction to the missed penalty to get their noses in front in the home straight

Milltown Row2

Fermanagh championship winners Derrygonnelly will be up against it when they meet the Tyrone lads!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

skeog

Dromore will be heavy favourites going on present form.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: skeog on November 21, 2021, 05:14:13 PM
Dromore will be heavy favourites going on present form.
Present form in Ulster? Right, how'd they do last time?

grounded

Just get the feeling that Kilcoo have a lot more in the bag. Seemed to stutter through Down Championship. Seasoned Ulster veterans and that has got to count for something even if a few of their players are probably past their prime.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: grounded on November 26, 2021, 01:28:45 PM
Just get the feeling that Kilcoo have a lot more in the bag. Seemed to stutter through Down Championship. Seasoned Ulster veterans and that has got to count for something even if a few of their players are probably past their prime.

Referee'd them a couple of seasons ago at the Uni, christ they were a fast moving team, inter play and movement off the ball was pretty good, plenty players that came on also and fitted in well with their system. They might get it tighter in their own county, teams are getting wise and they are getting older so its no surprise that its tough in your own championship.

grounded

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 01:36:49 PM

Referee'd them a couple of seasons ago at the Uni, christ they were a fast moving team, inter play and movement off the ball was pretty good, plenty players that came on also and fitted in well with their system. They might get it tighter in their own county, teams are getting wise and they are getting older so its no surprise that its tough in your own championship.

You could well be right.
I just get the feeling they are timing their peak for this ulster championship rather than the Down championship. It they did it was a dangerous tactic as they nearly got caught out a few times.

Truth hurts

Carryduff , Mayobridge , Clonduff and Burren were close to beating Kilcoo but they did not. They are the ultimate grinders, I cant see anyone touching them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: grounded on November 26, 2021, 02:06:17 PM

You could well be right.
I just get the feeling they are timing their peak for this ulster championship rather than the Down championship. It they did it was a dangerous tactic as they nearly got caught out a few times.

We'd have done that in our pump, but as you say, one bad performance and you've egg on your face, what struck me about them, they aint the biggest side, I mean physically I've seen bigger teams, but lighting pace makes up for it. They aint shy in throwing it about either, nothing wrong with that too

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 02:22:39 PM
They aint shy in throwing it about either, nothing wrong with that too
That's an understatement  ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 02:22:39 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 26, 2021, 02:06:17 PM

You could well be right.

We'd have done that in our pump, but as you say, one bad performance and you've egg on your face, what struck me about them, they aint the biggest side, I mean physically I've seen bigger teams, but lighting pace makes up for it. They aint shy in throwing it about either, nothing wrong with that too

Within reason. As a neutral from another county who knew nothing about them before seeing them on tv I don't like them at all and prefer to see them beat...