Ulster JFC/IFC 2021.

Started by DownFanatic, October 27, 2021, 11:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Ulster JFC

Preliminary Round

Sean McDermott's/Toome (Monaghan) v Cookstown/Eskra (Tyrone)

Quarter Finals

Drung/Denn (Cavan) v Rasharkin/St Comgall's (Antrim)
Newtownbutler/Coa/Donagh (Fermanagh) v Sean Dolan's/Desertmartin (Derry)
Aughlisnafin/Dundrum (Down) v Letterkenny Gaels/Na Rossa/Downings/Carndonagh (Donegal)
Belleeks (Armagh) v Sean McDermott's/Toome/Cookstown/Eskra (Monaghan/Tyrone)

Ulster IFC

Preliminary Round

Cloughaneely/Dungloe (Donegal) v Greenlough/Drumsurn/Limavady/Steelstown (Derry)

Quarter Finals

Gortin/Owen Roes/Rock/Moortown (Tyrone) v Devenish/Belcoo/Irvinestown/Belleek (Fermanagh)
All Saints/Tir na nÓg (Antrim) v Carrickcruppen/Culloville (Armagh)
Butlersbridge/Ballyhaise (Cavan) v An Riocht/Darragh Cross (Down)
Doohamlet/Donaghmoyne/Emyvale/Aughnamullen (Monaghan) v Cloughaneely/Dungloe/Greenlough/Drumsurn/Limavady/Steelstown (Donegal/Derry)

general_lee

Someone says on the Armagh fans forum that crossmaglen can represent Armagh in the junior if their senior team lose the senior final... I presume this is ballex?

DownFanatic

Was always under the impression that 'B' or 'Seconds' teams could not participate in provincial competition.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: general_lee on October 27, 2021, 12:28:09 PM
Someone says on the Armagh fans forum that crossmaglen can represent Armagh in the junior if their senior team lose the senior final... I presume this is ballex?

Bollix. Has to be first team.

Ulster mad. Donegal are putting their senior hurling champions in junior even though all other counties have either 2 or 3 reps(bar Cavan). County boards be up to no good for glory.

I imagine Derry intermediate football will be Steelstown(maybe Greenlough) and junior Desertmartin

imtommygunn

There's  tyrone team in the junior hurling Fear - presumably that's their intermediate champions? (Yes you're not from tyrone but you are as likely to know as anyone lol)

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 27, 2021, 01:45:33 PM

Ulster mad. Donegal are putting their senior hurling champions in junior even though all other counties have either 2 or 3 reps(bar Cavan). County boards be up to no good for glory.

I imagine Derry intermediate football will be Steelstown(maybe Greenlough) and junior Desertmartin

Greenlough for me Fear, and I'd say they'll give Ulster a fair rattle, as Desertmartin might do in Junior

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2021, 02:00:17 PM
There's  tyrone team in the junior hurling Fear - presumably that's their intermediate champions? (Yes you're not from tyrone but you are as likely to know as anyone lol)

Yeah but they have another team in intermediate as well. Senior champs in Tyrone go intermediate, beaten senior semi finalists go to county junior and then ulster junior. Donegal only give 1 team a chance in ulster and their senior champs(probably setanta are far too strong for junior)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 27, 2021, 02:08:37 PM

Greenlough for me Fear, and I'd say they'll give Ulster a fair rattle, as Desertmartin might do in Junior

Yep its hard to call but Steelstown have never won a county championship at intermediate and have an embarrassment of riches, im thinking that hunger might get them through

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 27, 2021, 02:20:57 PM

Yeah but they have another team in intermediate as well. Senior champs in Tyrone go intermediate, beaten senior semi finalists go to county junior and then ulster junior. Donegal only give 1 team a chance in ulster and their senior champs(probably setanta are far too strong for junior)

I was wondering. Best in Tyrone aren't far away off being division one in antrim though the state of the leagues with covid etc scuppered that.

brokencrossbar1

That was me said that. Just repeating what I've been told. Thought it odd myself but time will tell. Might be immaterial anyway was Belleeks are likely to win.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2021, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 27, 2021, 02:20:57 PM

I was wondering. Best in Tyrone aren't far away off being division one in antrim though the state of the leagues with covid etc scuppered that.

Aye Dungannon Eoghan Ruadh would have to be favourites but Carrickmore always raise their game for this-id go Dungannon senior and Naomh Cholmcille junior

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 27, 2021, 02:22:33 PM

Yep its hard to call but Steelstown have never won a county championship at intermediate and have an embarrassment of riches, im thinking that hunger might get them through

You could be right, they have serious footballers in all sectors on the pitch. If Steelstown do win it definitely won't be a big shock but they'll have earned it if they do.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on October 27, 2021, 03:21:37 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 27, 2021, 02:22:33 PM

You could be right, they have serious footballers in all sectors on the pitch. If Steelstown do win it definitely won't be a big shock but they'll have earned it if they do.

Agreed

Owenmoresider

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 27, 2021, 11:03:23 AM
Ulster IFC

Preliminary Round

Naomh Brid/Naomh Columba/Malin/Cloughaneely/Dungloe/Naomh Mhuire (Donegal) v Greenlough/Drumsurn/Limavady/Steelstown (Derry)
It's Dungloe or Cloughaneely out of Donegal.

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 27, 2021, 02:45:23 PM

That was me said that. Just repeating what I've been told. Thought it odd myself but time will tell. Might be immaterial anyway was Belleeks are likely to win.
What odds would you give me on Cross?? Would put the house on them.