Banning of England Shirts in South Birmingham

Started by maddog, May 26, 2010, 09:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Obviously no fan of England football team or their supporters however the jaw dropped last night when a copper walks into the local and tells the landlord that they are "trying" to enforce a ban on the England soccer gensai during the world cup in local bars. Also if you are flying and England flag in the bar then every other nations flag has to be displayed in case of someone being offended.
Couldnt believe what i was hearing.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 26, 2010, 09:41:53 AM
:D :D :D
Ban it everywhere I say!

You should tell that to the Dublin pubs who have no bother flying a English flag when the 6 nations are on....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Nally Stand

Sure what else would you exect from jackeens! They didn't earn that nickname for nothing!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bingobus

Thats madness is fairness! I can only imagine how this will highlight the issue and play into the hands of the BNP and NF, I'd expect a busy world cup for the coppers over there and plenty of "incidents" round the actual matches.

beer baron

Agree with bingobus it's unnecessary and will cause a lot more trouble than it will stop.Imagine being told you couldn't be told put up a tricast?I for one would not be best pleased.

maddog

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 26, 2010, 09:41:53 AM
:D :D :D
Ban it everywhere I say!

Thats what i was thinking but in fairness the establishment in question would have 50% clientele Irish and the rest a mix of Irish descent and English. There is rarely a word and if they can have Villa and Bham city matches shown with both sets of fans in there and never a bother then why stir up the shit. There wont be any trouble (well any more than normal) around the pubs until Engerland get put out.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: maddog on May 26, 2010, 09:09:51 AM
Obviously no fan of England football team or their supporters however the jaw dropped last night when a copper walks into the local and tells the landlord that they are "trying" to enforce a ban on the England soccer gensai during the world cup in local bars. Also if you are flying and England flag in the bar then every other nations flag has to be displayed in case of someone being offended.
are you serious - heard rumours of that carry on around here for last few weeks but people rubbishing it 

that said, I was in birmingham around the time of the last world cup and they wouldnt show it on big screens outside or let people assemble.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dublinfella

Is this one of these Daily Mail annual events where they state that x council have banned Christmas only for it to turn out they have done no such thing?

In other words, source?

maddog

Quote from: dublinfella on May 26, 2010, 01:41:09 PM
Is this one of these Daily Mail annual events where they state that x council have banned Christmas only for it to turn out they have done no such thing?

In other words, source?

Source ? I was standing there listening to the copper.

bingobus

Seen this on some footie forums and its been dismissed as an Urban Myth and even seen a link where the Metro police (London?) had dismissed it outright as been a story created by BNP/NF to stir racial tensions after a poor show in the elections.

But must be something to it if Maddog seen it first hand.

armagho9

Pub on a tuesday night?  what would your mother say?

dublinfella

Quote from: maddog on May 26, 2010, 01:56:52 PM

Source ? I was standing there listening to the copper.

Well its been roundly dismissed as horseshit in various other media, including I believe a facebook page called "Nobody is banning any England shirts, you gullible xenophobic fool."

You have had your pisser pulled.

rosnarun

is it the Pig or the pub thats banning the Jamrag and will the butchers apron be banned as well
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

maddog

Quote from: armagho9 on May 26, 2010, 08:47:37 PM

Pub on a tuesday night?  what would your mother say?

Wouldnt normally be down there on a Tuesday but I had to meet my dealer. ;)