The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

I didn't see the whole game as I watched Clare v Waterford on gaago. So to me the deciding factor was Ryan Bairds brilliant individual try being disallowed for a knock on by Leinster. Very unlucky, the ball just grazed his hand from O Mahonys tap down.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: David McKeown on May 13, 2023, 09:11:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2023, 09:04:21 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on May 13, 2023, 09:02:03 PM
I'm very annoyed that as a Leinster fan living in the North (long story) I couldn't make it today and I could watch the game on TV. RTE has it blocked out in the North URC Live wasn't showing it.  BBC NI weren't showing it even online.

Not great.

Get the 'box' David  ;)

Yes there are ways round these things but it's the same with a lot of GAA this year I really shouldn't have to.

Very easy fix get a decent tv man

Same situation re: location and we watched no prob. We've the virgin media channels etc every morning for Ireland AM. No firestick needed if that's not your jam

podge

The English analysts on sky can't hide their anti-Leinster feelings here.   Austin Healy can't be listened to..

Milltown Row2

Only one team in it, Leinster very poor
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Leinster haven't the cajones for it.

dec

Two missed conversions the difference

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dec on May 20, 2023, 06:41:51 PM
Two missed conversions the difference

One missed conversion... but Leinster just couldn't stop the momentum juggernaut that La Rochelle brought this second half
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Sexton been playing, they wrapped that game up, didnt stand up, up front, gotta be a worry for the Heavy French, South Africa packs.

Milltown Row2

Discipline let them down also.. you can't be at that

Wildweasel74

When Sexton goes, Ireland could drop bck into the pack. It be the world cup or nothing

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 20, 2023, 06:48:53 PM
Discipline let them down also.. you can't be at that
Aye that red fucked them. You'd think they'd have taken at least 3 pts out of that attack if he hadn't knocked yer man out. Panic obviously setting in at that stage so close to the line. I wonder who their sports psychologist is as they might be looking for a new one!

Capt Pat

After getting off to such a good start as well only to be disappinted in the end. They lost James Ryan after half an hour as well. Furlong was also off very early, he normally stays on until near the end. Without those quality players Leinster lacked the control and leadership they normally have.

gallsman

Furlong wasn't fit, they got out of him all he had.

Terrible, calamitous result for Leinster. They were absolutely dominated for the final 68 mins of that game. La Rochelle let themselves get stuck in a hole and just bullied their way out of it. Thoroughly deserved

screenexile

Can we get O'Gara in for the WC??

Champion The Wonder Horse

Only saw the second half, but that was intense from both teams.