The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 28, 2022, 04:57:51 PM
Basically the new law is to prevent the team who has had a man sent off from getting an advantage from an uncontested scrum so they are further penalised by nominating an additional player to leave the field. But it totally kills the match is the bit they missed!

The centre I think it was left to be replaced by a prop, so they still had 14 on the field, not 13 as is being reported.

Hound

Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2022, 05:04:09 PM
Basically the new law is to prevent the team who has had a man sent off from getting an advantage from an uncontested scrum so they are further penalised by nominating an additional player to leave the field. But it totally kills the match is the bit they missed!

The centre I think it was left to be replaced by a prop, so they still had 14 on the field, not 13 as is being reported.
Their no8 also had to go off, in addition to the back, Bruno. So they were down to 13.

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on February 28, 2022, 08:08:01 PM

Their no8 also had to go off, in addition to the back, Bruno. So they were down to 13.

Then that is a balls of a law, suffice to remove one back for the prop, but a back row as well!!!

Keyser soze

Holy f**k

dec

Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2022, 03:21:50 PM
"The laws dictated that the Azzurri would have to then bring on a front rower for what would be uncontested scrums and, in doing so, lose yet another player from elsewhere on the field. Off went their winger Pierre Bruno and they were down to 13 men."

I've saw this quoted in several media outlets, but can I get clarification...

I understand the need to replace a front rower with a front rower even if there's little danger to a "untrained" person in an uncontested scrum but they're not down to 13, they've 14 on the field, but three of those are props...

Is that not the way it played out?

As well as replacing the back with a front row player, they also lost an additional player as a punishment for causing uncontested scrums

johnnycool

Quote from: dec on March 01, 2022, 02:33:31 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2022, 03:21:50 PM
"The laws dictated that the Azzurri would have to then bring on a front rower for what would be uncontested scrums and, in doing so, lose yet another player from elsewhere on the field. Off went their winger Pierre Bruno and they were down to 13 men."

I've saw this quoted in several media outlets, but can I get clarification...

I understand the need to replace a front rower with a front rower even if there's little danger to a "untrained" person in an uncontested scrum but they're not down to 13, they've 14 on the field, but three of those are props...

Is that not the way it played out?

As well as replacing the back with a front row player, they also lost an additional player as a punishment for causing uncontested scrums

I get that now, but having one hooker injured and then another red carded probably wasn't thought through when they were coming up with this rule.

I can see why they felt the need to do something to prevent teams getting hammered in the scrum trying to get to a position where they'd be uncontested all the same and take advantage of it, they certainly made sure that was never a goer..

Milltown Row2

They'll need to bring an extra hooker next time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Teams for tomorrows game. Might be a late change for the English as Itoje could be ruled out with illness.
Ireland going with tried and tested once again.

Ireland: 15-Keenan, 14-Conway, 13-Ringrose, 12-Aki, 11-Lowe, 10-Sexton (capt), 9-Gibson Park; 1-Healy, 2-Sheehan, 3-Furlong, 4-Beirne, 5-Ryan, 6-O'Mahony, 7-Van der Flier, 8-Doris

Replacements: 16-Herring, 17-Kilcoyne, 18-Bealham, 19-Henderson, 20-Conan, 21-Murray, 22-Carbery, 23-Henshaw

England: 15-Steward, 14-Malins, 13-Slade, 12-Marchant, 11-Nowell, 10-Smith, 9-Randall; 1-Genge, 2-George, 3-Sinckler, 4-Itoje, 5-Ewels, 6-Lawes (capt), 7-Curry, 8-Simmonds

Replacements: 16-Blamire, 17-Marler, 18-Stuart, 19-Launchbury, 20-Dombrandt, 21-Youngs, 22-Ford, 23-Daly

Ireland: 15-Keenan, 14-Conway, 13-Ringrose, 12-Aki, 11-Lowe, 10-Sexton (capt), 9-Gibson Park; 1-Healy, 2-Sheehan, 3-Furlong, 4-Beirne, 5-Ryan, 6-O'Mahony, 7-Van der Flier, 8-Doris

Replacements: 16-Herring, 17-Kilcoyne, 18-Bealham, 19-Henderson, 20-Conan, 21-Murray, 22-Carbery, 23-Henshaw
Ulster League Champions 2009

Tony Baloney

Itoje would be a serious miss for England if he fails to make it. Great player and an absolute pain in the arse for Ireland over the years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2022, 02:39:27 PM
Itoje would be a serious miss for England if he fails to make it. Great player and an absolute pain in the arse for Ireland over the years.

He's a big pain in the arse, has cleaned up his fouling also.  Both teams similar this year in form behind France, think it's a very winnable game!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2022, 02:51:29 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2022, 02:39:27 PM

He's a big pain in the arse, has cleaned up his fouling also.  Both teams similar this year in form behind France, think it's a very winnable game!

Mack Hansen must be injured I presume.

JPGJOHNNYG

Wales should be winning here. France looking very ordinary tonight

Estimator

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 11, 2022, 09:15:32 PM
Wales should be winning here. France looking very ordinary tonight

Serious amount of errors from both teams.

JPGJOHNNYG

The number of games Wales have stolen in recent yrs is unreal. The time you need them to win and they butcher chance after chance. They should have won comfortably. France were crap in that second half

Estimator

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 11, 2022, 09:49:56 PM
The number of games Wales have stolen in recent yrs is unreal. The time you need them to win and they butcher chance after chance. They should have won comfortably. France were crap in that second half

France completely malfunctioned in the second half. Wales should've had at least a couple of tries.