The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 04, 2021, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2021, 10:41:29 AM
Sexton will be fit to play.

FWIW, Farrell really needs to be developing another international No. 10 unless he seems to be waiting for Carbery to get over his injuries and suddenly be good to go.. Big risk.

There is a lad over in London that might be able to do a job !

Party planner?

dec

whitegoodman

Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2021, 03:27:55 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on February 04, 2021, 12:26:44 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 04, 2021, 10:41:29 AM
Sexton will be fit to play.

FWIW, Farrell really needs to be developing another international No. 10 unless he seems to be waiting for Carbery to get over his injuries and suddenly be good to go.. Big risk.

There is a lad over in London that might be able to do a job !

Party planner?

lol very good.

In all seriousness he is still the best of the rest out there.  He had an excellent series in South Africa before other events took over.  It will never happen anyway.

GetOverTheBar

Not a chance it will happen.

Probably for the good of the thread to leave it at that.

square_ball

Harry Byrne is supposedly the next big thing out of the Leinster setup - probably worth fast tracking him into the 23 now at this stage and let him find his feet. The likes of Ross Byrne, Billy Burns and Jack Carty are no better than decent and Joey Carberry is looking like unfortunately he is not going to be a viable option going forward. I guess the ideal scenario for the IRFU would have been Jackson and Carberry fighting it out for the 10 jersey instead it's looking like a 38 year old Sexton will be our 10 at the World Cup in 2023.

whitegoodman

I think you are right on Harry Byrne, he needs fast tracked ahead of his brother at Leinster at least and see what he can do.  Sextons injury record suggests he may not make it to the next world cup and at 38 would you want him to be the starting 10.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/wales-v-ireland-hugo-keenan-gets-the-nod-at-fullback-as-andy-farrell-names-team-1.4477010

Ireland: Hugo Keenan, Keith Earls, Garry Ringrose, Robbie Henshaw, James Lowe; Johnny Sexton (capt), Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rob Herring, Andrew Porter, Tadhg Beirne, James Ryan, Peter O'Mahony, Josh van der Flier, CJ Stander.
Replacements: RĂ³nan Kelleher, Dave Kilcoyne, Tadhg Furlong, Iain Henderson, Will Connors, Jamison Gibson-Park, Billy Burns, Jordan Larmour.

GetOverTheBar

As strong as they could go really.

Milltown Row2

France in pole position, England currently playing crap, though even with the amount of possession Scotland has, they'll blow it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Scotland doing well.
Could be very open this year.

Rudi

Capt Pat

The Scots victorious at Twickenham for the first time in 38 years. I didn't see it coming.

seafoid

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 06, 2021, 06:37:20 PM
The Scots victorious at Twickenham for the first time in 38 years. I didn't see it coming.
Most pundits didn't

Tony Baloney

Scoreline flatters England as the Jocks dominated them. 5 points up I'd say most people were waiting for the inevitable sucker punch. Definitely opens up the championship now.Would expect England to go and put 50 on Italy next week. If Ireland don't get off to a good start tomorrow they could find themselves finishing this in 4th place!