The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 27, 2018, 02:28:53 PM
I'm trying to think who the back 7 will be. You're probably looking at something like lined up v the Scarlets, which is a bit of a scary thought. I might need a few pints on the Terrace this SAturday! May be something like

Murray, Keatley, Wooten, Arnold, Scannell, Sweetnam (if he's ok) and JJ Hanrahan at fullback.

God, I need a drink now.

This could be our Laz Malloy moment. "Is there anyone in the stand who can play on the wing? Please report to the Munster dressing room".
LOL!!  A good buddy of mine from your own county tells that story everytime we meet up for a few pints - imagine the social media craic if that happened today!!  :D

gallsman

Don't know how Owens have Murray that try. All the chat between them suggested the fumble had gone backwards (which it had) and the tmo just changed his mind at the end and goes "ah, I'd say that went forward".

Munster living very, very dangerously at the minute.

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on March 28, 2018, 08:36:12 AM
Last year

"Bundee wants to be on a winning team that plays good rugby and has a very good coach"

This year

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/international-rugby/grand-slam-hero-aki-insists-pretournament-criticism-didnt-faze-him-36751182.html

The IRFU did very well to keep him in Ireland.

Ali has done a hell of a lot for rugby and for sport in general in Connacht. High character fella, sport needs more like him. Anyone begrudging him this chance really doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

screenexile

That was absolute class!!!!

gallsman

Ashton  :D

The look on his face at the end was priceless.

shark

Outrageous from Conway. Claremont & Leinster double tomorrow and it'll be some weekend in Dublin in 3 weeks.

gallsman

Yup, try of the year. Not sure Munster were the better team overall but the scrum and lineout were brilliant. The "forward' pass to Bastareuad probably cancels out giving Murray the Munster opener so not sure Toulon can feel too aggrieved.

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2018, 05:21:18 PM
Ashton  :D

The look on his face at the end was priceless.

You could not beat Ashton enough times the arrogant English p***k!!! Great to see!

AZOffaly

David McKeown

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2018, 05:37:44 PM
Yup, try of the year. Not sure Munster were the better team overall but the scrum and lineout were brilliant. The "forward' pass to Bastareuad probably cancels out giving Murray the Munster opener so not sure Toulon can feel too aggrieved.

Don't know about that. The pass looked flat. The knock on the ruck was very marginal. I thought the TMO only gave it because he thought it would be a scrum. He seemed shocked when Owens said so I may award the try?  Not convinced the TMO was too sure what was happening.

I think Minster got a marginal call on the Zebo decision in the opening minute.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gallsman

The "safest" one I felt was the knock on at the ruck. There was no way it went forward. Clearly went the tiniest bit backward and then bounced forward, as described in commentary.

The pass to Bastareuad was ever so slightly forward to me.

The Zebo one I'm not sure about. Think he went for the ball.

Hound

Sensational by Conway. He would have played a big part in 6N but for injury.

Are Munster away no matter who wins between Clermont and Racing?

gallsman

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2018, 09:37:15 PM
Yes.
Cheers.
Tough assignment so.
Although I don't think either of them are as good as Toulon, but need a decent ref away from home

Aaron Boone