American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Seen enough of Tampa in the NFC south with following the Saints to know that they aren't even that good. Horrific from the Eagles, again.

SaffronSports

Quote from: gallsman on January 16, 2024, 06:42:07 AMHope you didn't bother...

That's an all time catastrophic collapse from the Eagles. Lost 6 of their last 7 having already lost to Zach Wilson!

Made it through three quarters which was an achievement considering how bad they were.

Even at 10-1 there had been a lot of strange performances. Falling behind then getting it together to win or hammering teams then letting them back in. Last 7 weeks have been horrible. Offense doing next to nothing, play calling dreadful. Defense getting contact with players but not finishing the tackle.

Disappointing but I've had plenty of that following the Eagles.

Capt Pat

Lions and Bucs are tied up heading into the 4th quarter. I thought the Lions would win this handily.

SaffronSports

Chiefs looking likely here. That play where it looked like a TD and the ball was knocked loose probably killed the game. Ravens just doing stupid stuff now

gallsman

Incredible play from Sneed.

thewobbler

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 28, 2024, 10:33:40 PMChiefs looking likely here. That play where it looked like a TD and the ball was knocked loose probably killed the game. Ravens just doing stupid stuff now

Tactically it looked over at HT but KC can't move the chains since they came back out. They need another touchdown or this is going to be a nervy finish.

gallsman

Shocking decision and throw from Lamar. The way the chiefs have been eating the clock, that should be that

thewobbler

Quote from: gallsman on January 28, 2024, 10:51:54 PMShocking decision and throw from Lamar. The way the chiefs have been eating the clock, that should be that

Josh Allen is spectacularly unlucky to have been born in the Mahomes era.

Not so sure the same can be said about Lamar. His many, many talents can't mask the fact that he forces passes and overthrows when the scoreboard needs him the most.

gallsman

Ah Allen is the architect of his own downfall a lot of the time as well.

SaffronSports

Both good players but not greats like Mahomes. 6 AFC Championship games in 6 years in the league, going to his 4th Super Bowl. They're all great players but Mahomes just has that stone cold winner mentality.

thewobbler

Quote from: gallsman on January 28, 2024, 11:28:57 PMAh Allen is the architect of his own downfall a lot of the time as well.

You're right. I just got a sense this season that Allen is actively trying to fix what is most a mental thing for him; stop trying the difficult things just because you can.

Whilst I get a sense that Lamar will always struggle with his throwing range, especially as the stakes get higher.

gallsman

I think historically Lamar has got a lot of unfair flack due to being a black QB. A lot of tonight, but certainly not all, is on him though. He was poor, coaching was poor, play calling was poor. Likely has been incredible for the last few months since Andrews got hurt. Was targeted, what, 3 times today?

The taunting penalty from Flowers was unbelievably moronic. A lot of terrible penalties on the Ravens.

Wildweasel74

Wonder any stupid dancing in the changing room now.

Sportacus

Ravens meltdown, went full Arsenal.  Never saw as many over-emotional big moment mistakes in a big game.

Mad Mentor

I'm really looking forward to the Superbowl. Two great entertaining teams and the match-up of Mahomes against the young pretender should be epic. The comeback by the 49ers should stand them in good stead. Must remember to book the Monday off.