The Official Fantastic Glasgow Rangers thread

Started by T Fearon, December 12, 2007, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on December 13, 2007, 11:30:44 AM
Sorry lads. Couldn't resist. :D It is Christmas after all....

Jezuz there's an evilness in there somewhere!  ;)
Tbc....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 12, 2007, 10:38:09 PMPersonally for pure footballing reasons i would have liked to see Rangers go thru..I don't care about religion,politics when it comes to soccer and i think it have been great to see Rangers meet Chelsea or Man United or possibly even Celtic in the round after

Do u care about a club singing about being up to their knees in Fenian blood???

QuoteWhat is it about this scotish team what people find so great? Why don't you go support Rovers , both play in hoops, both have a section of bigoted support , both have f**k all chance of winning the champions league and both play in jokes national leagues

Care to explain that one regarding Celtic???

p.s. Nice title change mod  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

Gaoth Dobhair. Have been a Celtic fan since the late 60s. Member of the Huddle club and shareholder and have spent shit loads this year on the Lisbon Lions memorabilia. In short I have been a fan and have been travelling longer than you I'd estimate (did you ever stand in the Jungle?)

GAABoardmod, nothing could annoy me this morning. I have hun friends and am even matey with one or two ex huns players, including a member of the victorious Huns ECWC side of 72 ;D

Croí na hÉireann

Ah but Tone, ur on record here as saying you'd be supporting de Spuds in a hypothetical them vs Celtic UEFA/CL match, that makes u a Spuds supporter with a passing interest in the Celts!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

T Fearon

On the contrary a competitive meeting between Spurs and Celtic would cause a huge problem for me. In reality I would probably offer my support on the following basis.

Spurs, if it was Champions League tie, as Celtic have already won it

Celtic, if it was UEFA Cup tie, as Spurs have already won it twice.

Hope it never happens.

All's I know is that with this year being the 125th anniversary of Spurs and the 40th anniversary of the Lisbon Lions I reckon I have spent between £1000 to £1500 quid on the celebrations, memoribilia etc and have attended both club's AGMs in my capacity as a shareholder. What more do I need to do to prove my commitment to both?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on December 13, 2007, 11:51:12 AM
Gaoth Dobhair. Have been a Celtic fan since the late 60s. Member of the Huddle club and shareholder and have spent shit loads this year on the Lisbon Lions memorabilia. In short I have been a fan and have been travelling longer than you I'd estimate (did you ever stand in the Jungle?)

GAABoardmod, nothing could annoy me this morning. I have hun friends and am even matey with one or two ex huns players, including a member of the victorious Huns ECWC side of 72 ;D

Yes Tony I've stood in the Jungle, I'm a member of the Huddle and also a shareholder, though not as old as you, I have been going to Paradise for nearly 20 years, my Grandfather, uncles, cousins have been going to Parkhead for the last 70 odd years, I'm related to an ex-Celt and know Packie Bonner and Shay Given, I've personally met and tallked to the Lisbon Lions and dozens of Celtic players over the years, the Priest who married me last year is close friends with Martin O'Neill, my wife supports the Hoops - Is that enough for you?  ::)

Back to my point re your support of the Hoops, you are a Spurs fan as you make blatantly clear on this board, you obviously follow Celtic, but your a Spurs FAN, I don't take with people saying that they are fans with EPL teams, then say that they also support Celtic, you are a fan of one team and take an interest in another!
Tbc....

T Fearon

Cobblers. I have a passionate interest and am a fan of both teams, and am a Huddle member and One Hotspur member. There is no contradiction as they play in separate leagues.

I saw most of the Lions play and the likes of Kenny Dalglish, Danny Mc Grain wearing the Hoops.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on December 13, 2007, 12:20:12 PM
Cobblers. I have a passionate interest and am a fan of both teams, and am a Huddle member and One Hotspur member. There is no contradiction as they play in separate leagues.

I saw most of the Lions play and the likes of Kenny Dalglish, Danny Mc Grain wearing the Hoops.

Tone, the question is who would you support if the teams came head to head - don't try and use your waffle scenario posted earlier, at the end of the day you are one or the other.
Hypothetical situation - Celtic enter the EPL, they play the Spuds who do you support?
Celtic played live on TV, Spurs on at the same time who do you watch?
You have tickets for a Spurs match and a Celtic match, same kick off time, which game do you go to?
Tbc....

Billys Boots

QuoteJezuz there's an evilness in there somewhere!

That's for sure.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Will Hunting

Quote from: tram on December 13, 2007, 01:03:52 AM
I think there's little doubt that the word "Huns" is being used as a derogatory term here. And if I was a Glasgow Celtic fan I wouldn't be shouting too much considering that they had to rely on others to get through to the knockout stages.

Celtic qualified because they totalled more points than Benfica and Donetsk. That's how a group stage works - teams take points off each other.

Rav67

Well said Will Hunting - Celtic finished with 9 points again this year, just like last, but simply because they were already through after 5 games last year there was none of this 'needed someone else to do them a favour' shit.

T Fearon

Gaoth Dobhair, hypothetical  questions cannot really be answered. fact is I am a fan of both clubs and put my money where my mouth is, just as I am a fan of more than one Rock Band, TV programme etc etc ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: T Fearon on December 13, 2007, 01:19:04 PM
Gaoth Dobhair, hypothetical  questions cannot really be answered. fact is I am a fan of both clubs and put my money where my mouth is, just as I am a fan of more than one Rock Band, TV programme etc etc ;D

That hardly does much for your argument about being a diehard....I doubt many fans would liken their support for their club to following rock bands or liking certain TV programmes :D.

Anyway back to the point of the thread; http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/concastnospam/?action=view&current=WedDec12at09_21_01PM.flv

corn02

The reason I am glad they were beat is because Lyon out classed them. The last 16 is looking the strongest ever with only Bayern a notable absentee. I quite enjoyed Rangers campaign. The defending against Barca was a typical Scottish small teram repelling a European Giant, as I said enjoyable.

T Fearon

The only big names missing are Ajax, Bayern Munich and Juventus. Take out diddy teams like Arsenal and Fenerbache and replace them with the above three then you would have Europe's elite alright