The Official Fantastic Glasgow Rangers thread

Started by T Fearon, December 12, 2007, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Was this any worse than losing to Lincoln Red Imps? How can any Celtic team or supporter gain any satisfaction from winning an SPL when Rangers are in disarray like this? I see Celtic struggled again tonight in Prague.God help us in the Champions League, we will be up against much stronger opposition than the likes of Prague and Rapid Vienna in the group stages,if we get there.

Main Street

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 04, 2017, 10:43:47 PM
https://twitter.com/FourFourTweet/status/882337628623962112?s=08

Hahahaha!
That's hilarious, at least they accurately predicted the "making it a great football party" bit.

Progres Niederkorn are probably considering to offer to replay the game as there surely must be some mistake.

Avondhu star

There won't be a cow milked in Luxembourg tonight
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on July 04, 2017, 10:39:44 PM
Was this any worse than losing to Lincoln Red Imps? How can any Celtic team or supporter gain any satisfaction from winning an SPL when Rangers are in disarray like this? I see Celtic struggled again tonight in Prague.God help us in the Champions League, we will be up against much stronger opposition than the likes of Prague and Rapid Vienna in the group stages,if we get there.

Yes, Celtic beat them in the second leg and went through!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

tonto1888

1. Yes. We beat Red Imps
2. Of course you gain satisfaction. You can only beat what's in from if you and that includes teams other than sevco.
3. It's a bloody preseason friendly. How we played or the result does not matter and will have no relevance on what happens in CL qualification or beyond

PAULD123

Firstly as an individual match it is not much worse than the Red Imps results. Red imps were rated 407 out of 456 while Niederkorn are rated 440 out of 453. So worse, but not much. The key thing is that they lost the tie not just the match. Celtic was a blip but had no lasting impact on progress. Rangers actually went out of Europe to the 14th lowest ranked club in the continent. So yeah, much worse because losing a match is embarrassing but losing the tie is humiliating.

As for Rangers not being a powerful team and that making league titles worthless. Well don't forget when Rangers won 9-in-a-row Celtic were in disarray. Celtic didn't even finish 2nd for 7 of those Rangers titles. And who generally finished 2nd for 5 of those titles? Yep, Aberdeen just like now. So this current run of titles is no less credible than the huns back in the 90's.

nrico2006

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 05, 2017, 10:35:33 AM

Firstly as an individual match it is not much worse than the Red Imps results. Red imps were rated 407 out of 456 while Niederkorn are rated 440 out of 453. So worse, but not much. The key thing is that they lost the tie not just the match. Celtic was a blip but had no lasting impact on progress. Rangers actually went out of Europe to the 14th lowest ranked club in the continent. So yeah, much worse because losing a match is embarrassing but losing the tie is humiliating.

As for Rangers not being a powerful team and that making league titles worthless. Well don't forget when Rangers won 9-in-a-row Celtic were in disarray. Celtic didn't even finish 2nd for 7 of those Rangers titles. And who generally finished 2nd for 5 of those titles? Yep, Aberdeen just like now. So this current run of titles is no less credible than the huns back in the 90's.

I actually can't believe someone has tried to say that the current run of titles for Celtic is no less credible than Rangers run in the 90s.  Wise up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hectic

When Celtic were in disarray in the 90's they did not leave creditors and the public purse out of money to the tune of £100m or more.  Instead they rallied together to back the vision of Fergus and while there were frustrating years the solid foundations put in place let Celtic get back to challenging. 

This other lot spent money that was not theirs in a totally reckless manner, cheated the public but also cheated on the sporting side before everything came home to roost and they were liquidated, began life as a new club in the bottom division which allowed them to skip past having to qualify for the leagues, they have been running at a loss since to try and get competitive at the top and got to enter Europe this year at the expense of clubs running their house in a responsible manner. 

No tears shed from me last night and there will be none when they go the same way as Third Lanark, Gretna and Rangers and I am sorry if some people feel that they need a strong club playing out of Ibrox to define Celtic but personally I do not give a monkeys if they never put up a challenge.

Main Street

Well, I woke up with a smile not diminished by what happened a year ago in a CLQ which ultimately had no detrimental effect compared to a sledge hammer knockout blow to Rangers, by a midget.

Also the news that  the financially doped Old Rangers are still found guilty in the big tax case and the fall guy set up to take the rap for their scams gets a not guilty verdict.

Now the field is wide open for the UK tax authorities to 'extort' payments from companies who have used the illegal EBT tax avoidance schemes.

illdecide

Rangers: Pedro Caixinha sacked as manager after board meeting

30 minutes ago From the sectionFootball