Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

The WBA are a joke with their belt situation.  Alvarez won't stay up at that weight but at least now on paper he will be able to call himself a 3 weight champion.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Any thoughts on Carl's fight at the weekend? He's small favourite but this will be harder than bookies think. Could even be another draw!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Sky sports boxing section is usually brilliant but its embarassing how they have lots of pundit views and articles etc on Chisora and Whyte and not one mention of this fight. Same with Fury the other week.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Personally think it's the worst time of year to have the fight and financially difficult to go and watch, so will be a party fight night at the In-laws instead..

Warrington a very good fighter, fighting at home, be interesting to see how this is scored since the Fury fight, as I feel it may go distance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Frampton will win handily enough. I heard the same hype around Quigg. It seems to be an English thing. And a split decision was an embarassing accounting of that night, too.

Frampton remains the best featherweight in the world and this is just a stepping stone on the path to Santa Cruz III, which is the fight people really want to see. After two excellent fights already it has the potential to make that rivalry one of the all-time greats.

Taylor

Dont think Frampton will get it as easy as some think.
Frampton has a great engine but so does Warrington and he is relentless.
If Frampton does win it will be by fine margins.

The Manchester card is a stacked one in comparison to the London one. Ridiculous putting the two cards on the same night before Christmas anyway.

Hope Chisora wins the other one. If its anything like the first one it will be a war

lurganblue

I think Frampton wins a tough fight on points. I expect him to do most of his scoring in the early rounds.

White to knock Chisora out this time.

bennydorano

Eddie Hearn needs a kick in the balls for being a dick and purposely scheduling Whyte v Chisora for the same night. I'll be watching Frampton, was very very surprised to see Frampton as a 4/9 favourite, obviously hope he wins but I think it'll be very tight.

JoG2

both ring walks around 10:30pm do we think?

Hopefully Frampton has enough to win, will be very close.

MoChara

Quote from: JoG2 on December 21, 2018, 11:54:52 AM
both ring walks around 10:30pm do we think?

Hopefully Frampton has enough to win, will be very close.

Telegraph has Chisora Whyte at 10 and the mirror has Frampton Warrington at 10.30 but these are only best guesses

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2018, 01:08:27 AM
Frampton will win handily enough. I heard the same hype around Quigg. It seems to be an English thing. And a split decision was an embarassing accounting of that night, too.

Frampton remains the best featherweight in the world and this is just a stepping stone on the path to Santa Cruz III, which is the fight people really want to see. After two excellent fights already it has the potential to make that rivalry one of the all-time greats.

Quigg was getting stronger as that fight went on. Frampton was wrecked the last few rounds. Warrington is very fit and will throw lots over tbe fight but has no power (although Frampton isnt the big hitter he thinks he is either).

Whyte should beat Chisora, but Chisora is coming off a great win whereas Whyte was lucky to get the win.

Maddest news today was Billy Joe Saunders being 18 pounds over the MW limit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2018, 04:17:35 PM

Quigg was getting stronger as that fight went on. Frampton was wrecked the last few rounds. Warrington is very fit and will throw lots over tbe fight but has no power (although Frampton isnt the big hitter he thinks he is either).

Whyte should beat Chisora, but Chisora is coming off a great win whereas Whyte was lucky to get the win.

KO's 56% shows that he is a big hitter surely?

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

56% isnt really high considering the number of fights he has had and that a lot of them would have been when he was on the rise. Been a while since he stopped someone bar the last fight which was against a poor standard of opponent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2018, 06:55:14 PM

56% isnt really high considering the number of fights he has had and that a lot of them would have been when he was on the rise. Been a while since he stopped someone bar the last fight which was against a poor standard of opponent.

Out his first ten fight 4 went distance, you are looking at recent fights? Last 11 fights he'd 5 knockdowns..

Look you can only fight what's put in front of you, he'll struggle for sure against Warrington, he's no Tyson but at that level he knocked out a lot more the others

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2018, 07:00:08 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 21, 2018, 06:55:14 PM

Out his first ten fight 4 went distance, you are looking at recent fights? Last 11 fights he'd 5 knockdowns..

Look you can only fight what's put in front of you, he'll struggle for sure against Warrington, he's no Tyson but at that level he knocked out a lot more the others

I am a Frampton fan and think he will win tomorrow. Just seems to lack the power against the top guys, before Jackson I think he went the distance 5 or 6 fights in a row.