Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

laoislad

Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2018, 09:17:44 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 03, 2018, 09:15:20 AM
I would take the banter from most supporters, but Liverpool fail to realise continually is that they finished behind this outfit last year.

9 points ahead of them this season though.... ;)
16 points
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on December 05, 2018, 10:02:17 PM
I would take the banter from most supporters, but Liverpool fail to realise continually is that they finished behind this outfit last year.

17 points.

Get back to the Scouse thread!

Over the Bar

Quote from: laoislad on December 05, 2018, 10:33:01 PM

16 points

No Premier League titles is the only stat that matters. Come back when you get over the line for once...

screenexile

As an aside is pulling someone down by their hair a red card and if it isn't why not??

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: screenexile on December 05, 2018, 11:44:24 PM
As an aside is pulling someone down by their hair a red card and if it isn't why not??

Straight red.

Cunny Funt

Matic wasn't close to MOTM, He played better tonight but at least 5 United players played better than him.

The manner of the two goals conceded by United tonight sums up the season they are having. Errors aside United played their best football for the first hour but for the last 20 mins only Arsenal looked like scoring a 3rd goal. Jose subs made no impact at all and his tactics for the final 20 minutes was very poor.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 06, 2018, 01:02:05 AM
Matic wasn't close to MOTM, He played better tonight but at least 5 United players played better than him.

The manner of the two goals conceded by United tonight sums up the season they are having. Errors aside United played their best football for the first hour but for the last 20 mins only Arsenal looked like scoring a 3rd goal. Jose subs made no impact at all and his tactics for the final 20 minutes was very poor.

Agree with this. McManaman made a bad choice of MOTM. Draw was a fair result because even though the goals should have been avoided Arsenal had a lot of dangerous moments. The team played with a lot of passion and took the game to Arsenal. As stated the substitutions made things progressively worse and how he didn't replace Dalot (understand he's just back from injury but he was in big trouble in the second half) I'll never know - lucky to get the draw in the end as Arsenal could walk down their left at will. Rashford, Martial and Lingard brought great energy to it. Ya they'll make a mistake or two and Rashford has to learn not to commit soft fouls when he has guys in trouble but they set the tone from the front quite well.

Maroon Manc

An entertaining game but very low in quality. Stevie Mc is a clown, Matic MOM? He was average which was an improvement on most of his recent displays. Bailly excellent for most of the game but needs to cut out the mistakes but deserves a run in the side, hope Dalot gets games too; He probably should have come off through tiredness but he still kept going and attacking down the right flank. Lingard was poor, he offered nothing in possession and wasn't impressed with the way he pressed.

Mourinho again doing his best to get the sack, so many player changes and a change in formation too along with some of his comments after the game. I'd say he can't believe he's they've not got rid of him yet!

I noticed one of the journo's for the times commented how surprised how little discontentment there is amongst the fans at OT; The majority of them probably weren't even huge football fans when they were younger judging by the majority of the people I know who go whilst the majority of knowledgeable reds I know just don't go.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 06, 2018, 09:43:58 AM
An entertaining game but very low in quality. Stevie Mc is a clown, Matic MOM? He was average which was an improvement on most of his recent displays. Bailly excellent for most of the game but needs to cut out the mistakes but deserves a run in the side, hope Dalot gets games too; He probably should have come off through tiredness but he still kept going and attacking down the right flank. Lingard was poor, he offered nothing in possession and wasn't impressed with the way he pressed.

Mourinho again doing his best to get the sack, so many player changes and a change in formation too along with some of his comments after the game. I'd say he can't believe he's they've not got rid of him yet!

I noticed one of the journo's for the times commented how surprised how little discontentment there is amongst the fans at OT; The majority of them probably weren't even huge football fans when they were younger judging by the majority of the people I know who go whilst the majority of knowledgeable reds I know just don't go.

Ya, I was probably wrong to include Lingard for praise. On a few occasions I noticed Rashford being pretty annoyed with his poor efforts at closing down and he gave no support to Dalot. I agree Dalot's instincts look good but he tired badly and it could have cost United.

Statement you make about the knowledge level of fans is probably true of most of the big clubs. A sad refelctioon on where the Premier League has taken things. Midweek games always have a better atmosphere as it's usually more committed syupporters that go.

Dire Ear

OgraAnDun

Bord na Mona man

I reckon a lot of United supporters quietly seethe to themselves rather than publically vent. Most know the game is up with Mourinho but for a game like last night they'll still back the team against big rivals. A lot of them see booing their own as something that other clubs do.

I was there last night and heard a couple of conversions where older fans who made reference to being relegated in the 70s when they were in conversion with younger ones who were feeling grumpy about the current maliase. Basically I don't think there is a deep sense of entitlement in the club DNA.
Take out the Ferguson era and the club has won only 7 league titles. Even in the Ferguson era several trophies were left behind and others were won the hard way,

Last night may have seemed poor for some viewers, but the fans appreciated the extra bite shown by the likes of Rojo and Bailly. They might have been firefighting at times, but at least they earned their paychecks. It felt a bit more like the Arsenal battles of old before Wenger had managed to completely castrate the gunners. The bit of dirt thrown in by both teams spiced it up nicely, Arsenal seemed happy with a draw for most of the night with their rolling around and timewasting. Thankfully they left it late to really start trying to exploit United's disorganised defence.

Puckoon

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 07, 2018, 01:37:26 AM
I reckon a lot of United supporters quietly seethe to themselves rather than publically vent. Most know the game is up with Mourinho but for a game like last night they'll still back the team against big rivals. A lot of them see booing their own as something that other clubs do.

I was there last night and heard a couple of conversions where older fans who made reference to being relegated in the 70s when they were in conversion with younger ones who were feeling grumpy about the current maliase. Basically I don't think there is a deep sense of entitlement in the club DNA.
Take out the Ferguson era and the club has won only 7 league titles. Even in the Ferguson era several trophies were left behind and others were won the hard way,

Last night may have seemed poor for some viewers, but the fans appreciated the extra bite shown by the likes of Rojo and Bailly. They might have been firefighting at times, but at least they earned their paychecks. It felt a bit more like the Arsenal battles of old before Wenger had managed to completely castrate the gunners. The bit of dirt thrown in by both teams spiced it up nicely, Arsenal seemed happy with a draw for most of the night with their rolling around and timewasting. Thankfully they left it late to really start trying to exploit United's disorganised defence.

Ha! I'll see you in the tunnel, Keane.

Regards
Viera.