Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: under the bar on September 28, 2017, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 28, 2017, 07:39:14 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 28, 2017, 05:47:58 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 28, 2017, 11:14:23 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on September 28, 2017, 10:09:57 AM
Never thought Jose was a 'lump it up to the big man' man exceot on an odd occasion last year with Fellaini. His Chelsea teams played some brilliant stuff, I could never understand why some people haf such a poor view of how his teams played route 1 or negative football.
If it gets repeated enough times, people start to believe it though.
Mourinhos teams over the years have been built on work ethic. Physically and mentally strong can mix styles if needed and can win some games playing ugly which is a normal requirement to win titles.

Aye Barca/Real(without Jose)/Bayern/PSG all play ugly football to win their titles 😂😂

Do you think it's a coincidence that the teams you mention financially dominate the leagues in question?  Not difficult to win playing pretty football when you can buy the world's best players!!

You say that as if being in the EPL and being Manchester United aren't two licenses to print money.

Boycey

Its been rumoured since he got hurt that Pogbas injury was more than a simple hamstring pull and in todays press conference Mourinho has spoken about him being on 'long term' injury list..

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on September 29, 2017, 02:43:33 PM
Its been rumoured since he got hurt that Pogbas injury was more than a simple hamstring pull and in todays press conference Mourinho has spoken about him being on 'long term' injury list..

Could be bit to do with the International break coming up and protecting him from a call up there, while recovering.

Boycey

Quote from: NAG1 on September 29, 2017, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 29, 2017, 02:43:33 PM

Could be bit to do with the International break coming up and protecting him from a call up there, while recovering.

I don't think there was ever a sense he was going to be called up for next week?

ballinaman

Stretching hamstring tear always more serious than the usual sprinting type.
If he's ruptured one of the hamstring insertional tendons at the back of his knee....he will indeed by on the long term injury list. Months

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2017, 05:54:12 PM
If he's ruptured one of the hamstring insertional tendons at the back of his knee....he will indeed by on the long term injury list. Months

Media seem to think late November which would mean him about 12 weeks out, does that seem about right?

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on September 28, 2017, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 28, 2017, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 28, 2017, 07:39:14 PM
Never thought Jose was a 'lump it up to the big man' man exceot on an odd occasion last year with Fellaini. His Chelsea teams played some brilliant stuff, I could never understand why some people haf such a poor view of how his teams played route 1 or negative football.
Mourinhos teams over the years have been built on work ethic. Physically and mentally strong can mix styles if needed and can win some games playing ugly which is a normal requirement to win titles.

Aye Barca/Real(without Jose)/Bayern/PSG all play ugly football to win their titles 😂😂

Do you think it's a coincidence that the teams you mention financially dominate the leagues in question?  Not difficult to win playing pretty football when you can buy the world's best players!!

You say that as if being in the EPL and being Manchester United aren't two licenses to print money.

Enjoyed that!!

Boycey

Always a sign that Utd are starting to go well when screenexiles visits become more frequent..

ballinaman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 29, 2017, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2017, 05:54:12 PM

Media seem to think late November which would mean him about 12 weeks out, does that seem about right?
Ya, that's about right. Distal hamstring tendon rupture fairly rare...

BarryBreensBandage

Fair play to Mourinho. The match this week is the best I have seen United play in the group stages that I can remember. I hate this rose tinted talk about how Man United should play. More often than not, Ferguson's teams served up absolute dross in European games. I remember once turning over to watch a Gary McAllister led Liverpool because at least they were playing a match you could watch.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

magpie seanie

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on September 29, 2017, 11:41:00 PM

Fair play to Mourinho. The match this week is the best I have seen United play in the group stages that I can remember. I hate this rose tinted talk about how Man United should play. More often than not, Ferguson's teams served up absolute dross in European games. I remember once turning over to watch a Gary McAllister led Liverpool because at least they were playing a match you could watch.

I think United should play in an attacking manner and will not deviate from that. You're right though in all the rest you say. United were awful to watch in the latter years of Ferguson's time. They were also really good on Wednesday. Full of vibrant, spontaneous attacking play and none of the "hump it up to the big man" stuff I feared. Martial was electric - allying another of my Mourinho fears. CSKA might have been crap, it must be borne in mind but making a lot of teams look crap just now.

I'll never like Jose but I am happy with the way the team is going at present.

1-0 up on Palace already, Mata.

Cunny Funt

Too many games with just 4 goals unable to score 5 it seems, that lumping it up to the big man tactics will have to change  ;)

under the bar

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 30, 2017, 04:52:01 PM
Too many games with just 4 goals unable to score 5 it seems, that lumping it up to the big man tactics will have to change  ;)
Sure what has Mourinho ever won?   ::)

Boycey

A sign of the progress being made under Mourinho is that previously a team containing Young, Smalling, Jones and Fellaini would have been met with howls of derision, now it's ok  :)

under the bar

News on Pogba not good. Could be out until after Christmas now.   Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be be another Hargreaves!  :o