Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 26, 2018, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2018, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 23, 2018, 02:29:20 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 23, 2018, 01:01:10 PM
Hold on a second ... how the hell are the Glazers not backing managers?  Lukaku? Pogba? Sánchez package? Luke Shaw may not have worked out but they made him the most expensive teenager at the team in the world then broke it the following season with Martial!  Repeatedly they have backed managers and they have just fucked it up....well in some people's eyes. In my opinion, the players that are there could really challenge if they had the right man managing them. There is a rotten core in the club maybe but that's not the reason they are not doing what they can on the field.

Absolutely 100% agree.

In fairness lads 81 points is normally enough to challenge or in leicester city case two seasons ago win the league. Didn't challenge last year because Manchester City accumulated 100 points and if they repeat that points total this season they are unlikely to be challenged again.

Looking over last seasons results, two things i noticed, one Manchester United beat all 19 teams in the league and two never once did they concede 3 goals in a match. At the weekend 3 goals was conceded in the first half against Brighton so something doesn't just add up there.

I can't see city getting 100 points again, I'd say they'll get around 93 points give or take a few. United will probably get around the same as last year and thats probably been optimistic.

BC & Seanie- You's have got to be kidding thinking thinking that back 4 is good enough to challenge for a title. Are 1st choice fullbacks are failed wingers and are both 33, they do a good job but clearly aren't going to get any better. Bailly & Jones could be a very good pairing if they could stay fit but they won't. United have no chance of winning a league if Pep/Klopp or even Fergie were in charge with that back 4.

Mourinho can be criticised for his style of player and the lack of fluidity going forward and rightly so but there's no title challenge in that team and everyone knows that.

I mean how could any manager in his third year after spending hundreds of millions be expected to mount a title challenge with these plucky underdogs!!

nrico2006

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 26, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
Hold on a second ... how the hell are the Glazers not backing managers?  Lukaku? Pogba? Sánchez package? Luke Shaw may not have worked out but they made him the most expensive teenager at the team in the world then broke it the following season with Martial!  Repeatedly they have backed managers and they have just fucked it up....well in some people's eyes. In my opinion, the players that are there could really challenge if they had the right man managing them. There is a rotten core in the club maybe but that's not the reason they are not doing what they can on the field.

Absolutely 100% agree.

In fairness lads 81 points is normally enough to challenge or in leicester city case two seasons ago win the league. Didn't challenge last year because Manchester City accumulated 100 points and if they repeat that points total this season they are unlikely to be challenged again.

Looking over last seasons results, two things i noticed, one Manchester United beat all 19 teams in the league and two never once did they concede 3 goals in a match. At the weekend 3 goals was conceded in the first half against Brighton so something doesn't just add up there.

I can't see city getting 100 points again, I'd say they'll get around 93 points give or take a few. United will probably get around the same as last year and thats probably been optimistic.

BC & Seanie- You's have got to be kidding thinking thinking that back 4 is good enough to challenge for a title. Are 1st choice fullbacks are failed wingers and are both 33, they do a good job but clearly aren't going to get any better. Bailly & Jones could be a very good pairing if they could stay fit but they won't. United have no chance of winning a league if Pep/Klopp or even Fergie were in charge with that back 4.

Mourinho can be criticised for his style of player and the lack of fluidity going forward and rightly so but there's no title challenge in that team and everyone knows that.

I mean how could any manager in his third year after spending hundreds of millions be expected to mount a title challenge with these plucky underdogs!!

Klopp has spent more and in his third year he wasnt anywhere near mounting a title challenge
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 26, 2018, 06:21:44 PM

Absolutely 100% agree.

Klopp has spent more and in his third year he wasnt anywhere near mounting a title challenge

Net spend?? You sure?  ;D

nrico2006

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 26, 2018, 07:28:52 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 26, 2018, 06:21:44 PM

Absolutely 100% agree.

Net spend?? You sure?  ;D

Money spent is money spent
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thewobbler

Ah f**k me.

You know what did my head in? Daft b**tard scousers all over Twitter last season talking about net spend as some sort of prize. The anomaly whereby Barca went completely unhinged in pursuit of Liverpool's 4th best attacker was responsible for this. It was an accident; nothing do with Klopp, and nothing do do with club strategy. United lay the same claim when Ron was sold, and Spurs with Bale.

But, at the same time. If a manager is unable to generate enough interest in his own squad players to half-balance the books and help fund transfers, then he clearly either has no interest in the club's financial well-being, or is a poor coach under which players deteriorate... or both. Mourinho would actually appear to be both.

For although I hate this "net spend" league, the reality is that 80% of Liverpool players have appreciated in value since Klopp arrived, whereas United would be lucky to break even on the majority of their purchases over the last 5 years. That's where United's problem really lies, and net spend can be a reflection of what's going on.

Insane Bolt

When do they hand out the trophy for best net spend?😂 There's nothing as delusional as soccer fans.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on August 27, 2018, 02:07:05 PM
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/manchester-united/11482651/8216criticism-of-mourinho-over-the-top8217

Neil "Fat Boy" Custis  ;D ;D
He's on a similar career path to Duncan Castles - neither of  them are serious journalists. They exist as Mourinho's mouthpieces.

Boycey

Which particular bit do you disagree with??

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Boycey on August 27, 2018, 02:49:57 PM
Which particular bit do you disagree with??

Turned it off when his fat face popped up. The man's a joke.

Milltown Row2

Knives will be sharpened tonight!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Sitter missed by Lukaku and it could prove costly.

stiffler

Lukaku missing a sitter and spurs denied a stone wall penalty, plenty of action in the first 45.

Fancy Utd to sneak a winner , worth a bet at 2/1 in play.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gallsman

Quote from: thewobbler on August 26, 2018, 08:28:11 PMThe anomaly whereby Barca went completely unhinged in pursuit of Liverpool's 4th best attacker

Lol.

Cunny Funt

Man United well on top in that 1st half should be leading. Another ref would have given spurs a penalty but it doesn't disguise the fact they were lucky they didn't concede thus far and it took them 40 minutes to get a shot on goal.