Started by Louth Exile, May 12, 2007, 12:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northsideboy

Amongst those who spring to mind who stood for wand have not been mentioned;
Des Foley Dublin FF
Eamon Cregan Limerick FF
John Doyle Tipp FF
Charles Haughey FF played minor football for the Dubs
Jack Wall Lab (former Kildare County Chairman)
Barney Rock PD Dublin stood unsuccessfully in Finglas in a local election.
Austin Stack KerrySF
Tony Dempsey FF former Wexford hurling manager
Dick Spring Lab I think played for Kerry
Mick O'Connell Kerry ind

Louth Exile

Quote from: deiseach on May 12, 2007, 01:24:47 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2007, 01:10:02 AM
my point is that he seems to be insinuating that the GAA and fg are now linked! hence my post!

No, he / she said "are Fine Gael trying to steal a march on the GAA vote??" And the examples of O'Mahony and Geraghty - particularly the latter, who seems rather lightweight for a serious politician - seem to be obvious attempts to poach the GAA vote.

Every time I seem to post something on one of the election threads you always atempt to shoot it down Gaoth Dobhair Abu!! We know each others colours, you are a shinner and I'm a blueshirt. I respect your right to follow who you want, please offer me the same respect.

Personally I think that it is a blatant atempt to gain GAA votes and a move to an element of personality politics which has served FF so well of late. I don't know the lie of the land in Mayo but O'Mahony is 7/4 with Ladbrokes and he has an impressive amount laid out on the FG website.

As for Geraghty!! I am a Louth man living in Meath and we don't like Meath football at the best of times (for obvious reasons) but if there was anyone we opitimised this it is GG. I will be voting FG 1 & 2 but won't give him as much as a preference. He stands for nothing and was impossed on the ticket in Meath by the National executive. The standing FG TD who is a 100% guy publicly came out against him (which may not have been the smartest thing) He will pick up votes but in what is now a 3 seater I would be shocked if he got in.

PS: Good spot onlooker, can't believe I forgot about John O'. I was in Swords last week and his posters are everywhere
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Louth Exile on May 12, 2007, 09:30:08 PM
my point is that he seems to be insinuating that the GAA and fg are now linked! hence my post!

No, he / she said "are Fine Gael trying to steal a march on the GAA vote??" And the examples of O'Mahony and Geraghty - particularly the latter, who seems rather lightweight for a serious politician - seem to be obvious attempts to poach the GAA vote.

Every time I seem to post something on one of the election threads you always atempt to shoot it down Gaoth Dobhair Abu!! We know each others colours, you are a shinner and I'm a blueshirt. I respect your right to follow who you want, please offer me the same respect.

Personally I think that it is a blatant atempt to gain GAA votes and a move to an element of personality politics which has served FF so well of late. I don't know the lie of the land in Mayo but O'Mahony is 7/4 with Ladbrokes and he has an impressive amount laid out on the FG website.

As for Geraghty!! I am a Louth man living in Meath and we don't like Meath football at the best of times (for obvious reasons) but if there was anyone we opitimised this it is GG. I will be voting FG 1 & 2 but won't give him as much as a preference. He stands for nothing and was impossed on the ticket in Meath by the National executive. The standing FG TD who is a 100% guy publicly came out against him (which may not have been the smartest thing) He will pick up votes but in what is now a 3 seater I would be shocked if he got in.

PS: Good spot onlooker, can't believe I forgot about John O'. I was in Swords last week and his posters are everywhere

Apologises Louthexile, its nothing personal, I was rote off last night when posting (always a bad idea! :-[) and miss read your post.
I understand we have differing viewpoints and totally accept your right to have yours, though obviously I would be opposed to most of them.
Tbc....

Louth Exile

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2007, 10:10:31 PM

Apologises Louthexile, its nothing personal, I was rote off last night when posting (always a bad idea! :-[) and miss read your post.
I understand we have differing viewpoints and totally accept your right to have yours, though obviously I would be opposed to most of them.

No bother at all, I'm sure we'll clash again. Its good to have the banter
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Louth Exile on May 12, 2007, 10:12:20 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2007, 10:10:31 PM

Agreed  ;)

No bother at all, I'm sure we'll clash again. Its good to have the banter
Tbc....

Bogball XV

Quote from: northsideboy on May 12, 2007, 08:21:29 PM
Amongst those who spring to mind who stood for wand have not been mentioned;

Charles Haughey FF played minor football for the Dubs
yeah??  I never heard that before, you sure?  You forgot a certain Liam Lawlor FF, he played hurling for Dublin and Leinster.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: ildanach on May 12, 2007, 04:44:02 PM
last mayo man to lift sam Sean Flanagan was a TD for Fianna Fail also. (I am surprised you didn't mention him Fishead considering he is on you avator)

Well coped Ildanach  ;), ya was going to mention it but thought none would notice, I hate to blacken such a greatmans name by reminding people he was a Fainna FAILure 8)

I think you get the 12 points for that one