RTE's continuing agitation of Northern Nationalists

Started by T Fearon, October 11, 2017, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Sure there are no decent soccer managers in the 26 counties anyway. At least Martin O Neill has decent experience.
The panel during 26 county matches are like 3 mothers talking about a child with very little aptitude for the game. Dunphy is hilarious. Especially rapping about Hoolihan.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 07:03:43 AM
Following on from the map controversy on the Late Late Show,this week we have had Sean O'Rourke laughing on air at Liam Cosgrave's suggestion that water was too good for the hunger strikers and Eamon Dunphy thanking God on air for "Londonderry" (referencing the contribution of Martin O'Neill,Mc Clean and Duffy in Cardiff).

This has caused a howl of protests up North,but no adverse reaction at all in the South.Are we too sensitive up here? I must say I did laugh at Dunphy's comment,which I interpreted at the time as being tongue in cheek

Any time I feel like I'm becoming too sensitive I read Ruth Dudley Edwards column in the Belfast Telegraph. This reminds me that everything that is wrong in Ireland is the fault of northerner Gerry Adams. Examples are:
- Stormont deadlock
- Brexit
- Water shortages
- Homelessness
- Ireland's failure to reach the 2010 World Cup Finals
- GAABoard down

Yeap, all Adams' fault.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Has Dunphy liked any Irish manager after Eoin Hand's tenure?

Rossfan

Perhaps Tony and Northern Nationalists could make a voluntary donation of say €100 each to RTÉ seeing as they don't pay them a Licence Fee??
It would
A - be an extra proof of their Irishness
B - force RTÉ to treat them properly.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Sure I buy the RTÉ Guide...once a year for the big Christmas crossword!

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2017, 09:49:09 AM
Sorry yeah, Kerr was commentating on radio v Moldova, so it probably was him. He doesn't like O'Neill, you can tell by the little remarks he makes even when something goes well.
Kerr only dislikes O'Neill because he is from the North.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2017, 10:18:15 AM
Perhaps Tony and Northern Nationalists could make a voluntary donation of say €100 each to RTÉ seeing as they don't pay them a Licence Fee??
It would
A - be an extra proof of their Irishness
B - force RTÉ to treat them properly.

LOL
do you ever watch BBC yourself, does that make you more British
Sure send me up the license money for that and I'll make sure the BBC get it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Orior

Following on from the map controversy on the Late Late Show,this week we have had Sean O'Rourke laughing on air at Liam Cosgrave's suggestion that water was too good for the hunger strikers and Eamon Dunphy thanking God on air for "Londonderry" (referencing the contribution of Martin O'Neill,Mc Clean and Duffy in Cardiff).

This has caused a howl of protests up North,but no adverse reaction at all in the South.Are we too sensitive up here? I must say I did laugh at Dunphy's comment,which I interpreted at the time as being tongue in cheek

The blocking of certain programmes is particularly distasteful. For example, why would they block Ireland soccer matches, but allow Rugby or Gaelic?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: ned on October 11, 2017, 09:23:40 AM
Listened to rte radio coverage of the match on Monday night. Anyone know who the co-commentater was?
If it sounded like a man talking while simultaneously trying to alleviate a bad bout of constipation, then it was Brian Kerr!

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on October 11, 2017, 10:42:45 AM

The blocking of certain programmes is particularly distasteful. For example, why would they block Ireland soccer matches, but allow Rugby or Gaelic?
First guess : Quality control
Second guess : Health and Safety
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheOptimist

Quote from: seafoid on October 11, 2017, 10:48:33 AM
Quote from: Orior on October 11, 2017, 10:42:45 AM

First guess : Quality control
Second guess : Health and Safety

Its actually because its been shown on sky and they want us brits to pay for the privilege.

T Fearon

Is Kerr not from Belfast,or at least his parents were? Seems to be a George Osbourne type,peeved he was sacked and therefore snipes at all his successors

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 11:09:41 AM
Is Kerr not from Belfast,or at least his parents were? Seems to be a George Osbourne type,peeved he was sacked and therefore snipes at all his successors

Not with an accent like that
Sounds more like finglas or darndale
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: T Fearon on October 11, 2017, 10:20:20 AM
Sure I buy the RTÉ Guide...once a year for the big Christmas crossword!

What's the prize?

T Fearon

€200!

I am pretty sure Brian Kerr was either born in Belfast and spent his early years there,or else his father was a Belfast man,so he would hardly have a bias against the North