Eurovision 2007

Started by ONeill, May 08, 2007, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Surely the nerves are wrecking the rest of yiz too? Only for the taigs in the UK, Ireland could have been receiving their first nil points ever....Switzerland for me......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovision/2007/contestants/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bombidal

Ukraine & Andorra ew for me
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

muppet

Jaysus our song sounds as if a drunken trad band got Phoebe to record Smelly Cat with them.
MWWSI 2017

realredhandfan

Ahev withdrawn my watching services this year as thon Dervish bint cant sing, and the songs shite.  Malachi  Cush was robbed of the chance to sing in Eurovision and Shay Healy the chance to write in it.  Agh sure whats another year!

full back

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 09, 2007, 08:33:23 AM
Ahev withdrawn my watching services this year as thon Dervish bint cant sing, and the songs shite.  Malachi  Cush was robbed of the chance to sing in Eurovision and Shay Healy the chance to write in it.  Agh sure whats another year!

Bring back Johnny L

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Haven't heard the Irish song yet, but in all fairness, it couldn't be half as bad as the easyjet-english entry!!!!

It's f**king brutal!  ;)
Tbc....

realredhandfan

This thread is usually my favourite GAA board thread every year.  This year I think we are going to plumb new depths, no ballad and no balladeer, these were the attributes that made Logan, Healy, Dana, and Martin household European names for one night only.  I used to sit behind O Neill (farting) in English class, singing to myself ......why me!

full back

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 09, 2007, 12:12:18 PM
I used to sit behind O Neill
Just the way you like it RRHF

The English song this year is a f**king joke - making a complete cnut of themselves - brilliant
Ireland wont do much better than them - pure sh1t
It is all about politics now anyway, the less of your neighbours you p1ss off the better chance you have

his holiness nb

Does anyone else kind of like the Irish song
I am ashamed to say I do  :-\
Yer wan does sound a bit like a t**ker though
Ask me holy bollix

balladmaker

Obviously not a competition to be taken too seriously.....but that has to be up with some of Ireland's worst ever entries.....the lead singer is crap, the group look awkward at best, surely this will land Ireland back into the relegation zone for next year.

As for the UK....enough said.

Donagh

Load of cheesey Oirish muck.

http://www.eurovision.tv/addons/mediaplayer/video/ire.html

Pity as Dervish had a fairly good reputation before this...

Edit: kind of grows on you after a few listens.... Arraghhhh...

magpie seanie

I don't actually think its all that bad but I'm used to hearing Dervish and would be biased towards them. Was surprised when I heard they were going to do the Irish song. Anyway, at least we're not doing a mini pageant like the coutries that win it tend to do.

Declan

I think our entry is fantastic- hits all the right notes any song that can mention Lisadell and Latvia in the one line and talk about stopping black ;)birds and bees sting must be a contender  ;)

his holiness nb

I'm sure the Latvian population in Lisadell will be ringing in the votes!
Ask me holy bollix