Getting an Irish Passport

Started by pullhard, May 28, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2016, 12:36:57 PM
Still at Stage 2 since 9/5/2016 and I paid a premium rate for fast track service >:(.

The same happened me a few months ago. The only way to get any reasonable contact with them is through Twitter. Send them a pm and a copy of your flight details and they'll get it issued ASAP. Mine sat for 3 weeks at stage 2. Sent them a message on Twitter and they had it issued the next day.

Before that I had tried ringing and emailing but couldn't get a response

T Fearon

Thanks.I have no travel plans for the immediate future.My passport was due to expire in July,hence the early renewal.Service up here advertises convenience and express service.You  simply leave your old passport and necessary documentation at the Post Office and pay the fee and express service charge of £11.00 at the Post Office counter.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2016, 09:32:51 PM
Thanks.I have no travel plans for the immediate future.My passport was due to expire in July,hence the early renewal.Service up here advertises convenience and express service.You  simply leave your old passport and necessary documentation at the Post Office and pay the fee and express service charge of £11.00 at the Post Office counter.

The same service I used. Mine was in the post office in Armagh

T Fearon

According to the tracking system,my passport entered GB yesterday afternoon,so I expect it will be delivered today,a full 31 days after the renewal was despatched via Express Service.International news crews have been camping out on my lawn overnight to record this historic event.

STREET FIGHTER

Hi all

Can anyone advise on the procedures involved with renewing an Irish passport and typical timescales?

Thanks

muppet

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on October 11, 2016, 02:11:52 PM
Hi all

Can anyone advise on the procedures involved with renewing an Irish passport and typical timescales?

Thanks

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/renewing_an_irish_passport.html

There are hoping to have renewals done online from January 2017. Fingers crossed.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on May 28, 2016, 08:45:55 AM
According to the tracking system,my passport entered GB yesterday afternoon,so I expect it will be delivered today,a full 31 days after the renewal was despatched via Express Service.International news crews have been camping out on my lawn overnight to record this historic event.

GB? Are you getting your passport in Britain,  that figures.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: muppet on October 11, 2016, 02:19:57 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on October 11, 2016, 02:11:52 PM
Hi all

Thanks

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_abroad/passports/renewing_an_irish_passport.html

There are hoping to have renewals done online from January 2017. Fingers crossed.

Cheers Muppet

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: armaghniac on October 11, 2016, 03:11:46 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 28, 2016, 08:45:55 AM

GB? Are you getting your passport in Britain,  that figures.

Eire

Express application from the North...

Supposed to be 15 days.....spoke to passport office......will not hold my breath....

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FL/MAYO

My children were both on the U.S, both my wife and myself are Irish born.. We plan to move back to Ireland in two years time, can I just move back with the children or do I have to apply for an Irish passport for the children? They are automatically Irish citizens due to their parents been born in Ireland.

armaghniac

Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 11, 2016, 06:14:55 PM
My children were both on the U.S, both my wife and myself are Irish born.. We plan to move back to Ireland in two years time, can I just move back with the children or do I have to apply for an Irish passport for the children? They are automatically Irish citizens due to their parents been born in Ireland.

If you do not and enter Ireland on the US passports then they would be illegal after the 3 months or whatever.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FL/MAYO

Quote from: armaghniac on October 11, 2016, 06:16:31 PM

If you do not and enter Ireland on the US passports then they would be illegal after the 3 months or whatever.

Is it just Irish passports they need or is there more to the process?

muppet

Quote from: FL/MAYO on October 11, 2016, 06:22:07 PM

Is it just Irish passports they need or is there more to the process?

You will want PPS numbers for them for children's allowance and just about anything they need to register for (as foreign born children).

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/personal_public_service_number.html
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

i doubt they would be illegal if the are citizens ,  lots of irish citizens don't have a passport. they are only for entry and exit from the country
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere