Boylesports sponsor Sunderland AFC

Started by Estimator, April 12, 2007, 03:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Some more Irish influence for the Black Cats - Boylesports are set to become their official sponsor from next year

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12164
Ulster League Champions 2009

thebandit

Camlough's finest spread their wings a wee bit further!

The Real Laoislad

Wonder what odds you'd get of Sunderland winnning something major in next five years?
Way i see it if Sunderland are promoted a lot of big names will consider moving to Sunderland purely because Roy Keane is manager,I really think if he gets the money the players will go to him and they could be quite a team in a couple of years
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 12, 2007, 05:59:14 PM
Wonder what odds you'd get of Sunderland winnning something major in next five years?
Way i see it if Sunderland are promoted a lot of big names will consider moving to Sunderland purely because Roy Keane is manager,I really think if he gets the money the players will go to him and they could be quite a team in a couple of years

Every team is going to have money. Quinn already said Keane would have £15 million even if they don't go up for summer transfers but with the amount of money club are going to get this year because of the new TV rights deal means keane will have probably more than double that to spend this summer. There will of course be huge interest in Sunderland, more so than any other team that has got promoted since fulham got promoted 4-5 years ago, mainly because of keane and how the team has transformed since the start of the season

Over the Bar

QuoteWonder what odds you'd get of Sunderland winnning something major in next five years?

I'd say the odds on the premiership or champs league would be pretty staggering!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 12, 2007, 05:59:14 PM

The main problem they will have attracting players is that Sunderland is a shithole, and this does play a part in where top players go, along with the green of course.....I wonder will the notoriously fickle Sunderland fans fill out the Stadium Of Light if things go well, do people remember the half empty stadium in their last Premiership campaign?
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

hitzelsperger

i can see sunderland picking up a few quality players during the summer due to the keane factor, fair fcuks to roy, for a player who was so agressive and out spoken in his day keano has turned out to be a quality manager. i suppose his run ins with ferguson and clough moulded him perfectly!

Over the Bar

Quotedo people remember the half empty stadium in their last Premiership campaign?

Do you blame the fans?  Season book price hike for getting back into the premiership and a guaranteed min. £20M in revenue, yet the board decide to give McCarthy feck all of a transfer budget to compete, forcing him to pick up the likes of Gary Breen who had been released by Coventry!   

never kickt a ball

Boylesports have these:

Sunderland Specials 19:45 - 06/07
Singles Only

Selection Price   
Sunderland To Win The Championship 06/07  4/7 
Sunderland To Be Promoted 06/07  1/6 
Sunderland To Be Promoted Via The Play-Offs 06/07  22/1 
Sunderland To Win Their Remaining 4 Championship Games 06/07  9/1 
Sunderland To Score 75 Or More League Goals 06/07 (Currently 65)  10/1 
Sunderland Specials - 07/08
Singles Only - Any Premiership Bets Void If Sunderland Do Not Gain Promotion in 06/07

Sunderland Specials 07/08
Sunderland To Win The FA Cup 07/08  66/1 
Sunderland To Win The League Cup 07/08  80/1 
Sunderland To Win The Premiership 07/08  1500/1 
Sunderland To Finish In The Top 4 Of The Premiership 07/08  100/1 
Sunderland To Finish In The Top 6 Of The Premiership 07/08  20/1 
Sunderland To Finish In The Top Half Of The Premiership 07/08  7/2 
Sunderland To Be Relegated From The Premiership 07/08  5/2 
Sunderland Not To Be Relegated From The Premiership 07/08  2/7 
Roy Keane To Win FA Premier League Manager Of The Year Award 07/08  20/1 
Sunderland To Finish In A Higher League Position Than Newcastle 07/08  6/4 
Sunderland To Finish In A Higher League Position Than Middlesbro' 07/08  8/11 

Jack Dempsey

Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 13, 2007, 06:19:33 PM
Boylesports have these:

Sunderland Specials 19:45 - 06/07
Singles Only
Sunderland To Score 75 Or More League Goals 06/07 (Currently 65)  10/1 

rick, could well do this, 4 easy games

Bogball XV

I used to like Keane (recent comments show him to be stuck in some sort of time warp though), he's obviously a stubborn p***k as evidenced by his ridiculous behaviour 5 years ago, but I really don't get this whole Sunderland thing.  Do they think that Sunderland will be up there with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool next year?  Do they think that this'll be the catalyst behind Sunderland becoming the new 'Irish' club?  The English have seen it all before of course, there have been Norwegians buying into Wimbledon, Icelandics buying into Stoke, even the Irish buying into Carlisle (well, the budget option), so why do they think this one will work?  The Irish consortium don't have the financial firepower to compete at the top imo, and I give the whole thing, what, 3 seasons at best?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 15, 2007, 12:29:13 PM
I used to like Keane (recent comments show him to be stuck in some sort of time warp though), he's obviously a stubborn p***k as evidenced by his ridiculous behaviour 5 years ago, but I really don't get this whole Sunderland thing.  Do they think that Sunderland will be up there with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool next year?  Do they think that this'll be the catalyst behind Sunderland becoming the new 'Irish' club?  The English have seen it all before of course, there have been Norwegians buying into Wimbledon, Icelandics buying into Stoke, even the Irish buying into Carlisle (well, the budget option), so why do they think this one will work?  The Irish consortium don't have the financial firepower to compete at the top imo, and I give the whole thing, what, 3 seasons at best?

Neither Quinn nor Keane or anyone else involved in the club said they would ever be challanging the big 4.   Its not their fault that Sunderland seems to becoming very popular with the media in Ireland, and if anything its good for the club as it generates huge interest for them and that can only be good for them, so fair play to all involved.  The only person that even mentioned winning the Premiership and Champions league was your man that is over Boylesports and I would be pretty sure that when he said those words that all Roy Keane done was cringe.

ONeill

This Keane/Quinn/Sunderland revival is fascinating. The story of this marriage makes great reading, from Keane's first comments to his team and Quinn's support drive around the pubs of the city.

I'll be interested to see how Keane deals with criticism when, and it will happen sometime, there is a serious dip in form. He's impatient with mediocrity. Will he jump ship?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

QuoteI'll be interested to see how Keane deals with criticism when, and it will happen sometime, there is a serious dip in form. He's impatient with mediocrity. Will he jump ship?

A fiar point but one I feel he will be able to overcome. I think he has proven, even in the short time he has been at the helm, that he is far more intelligent than many gave him credit for. Also, it's a lot easier to keep hold on your emotions when you're not running up and down a field at 90 mph.