Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Avondhu star on October 10, 2017, 11:57:00 PM
Quote from: Armamike on October 10, 2017, 09:16:48 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 10, 2017, 04:46:40 PM
I fear a bit of a rout on Saturday

But Man u are going well at the minute.
Manchester United are going well because they have been playing teams that are traditionally always below them and don't make the top 5. But now Liverpool Chelsea etc are coming up so we will see how good they are
Liverpool are always capable of rising their game for the top sides
It's the inconsistency they show against the Crystal Palaces of the league that hits them year in year out
True to a certain extent but United of recent seasons dont win the games against the weaker sides, thats where they needed to improve as they did well in the big games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

So for the second year in a row Mourhino and United come to Anfield with their putrid anti football.
Still though it was up to Liverpool to break them down and just were not good enough to do so.
I think Mane could have been the difference today were he playing.
Liverpool crying out for a Torres type player imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on October 14, 2017, 02:22:32 PM
So for the second year in a row Mourhino and United come to Anfield with their putrid anti football.
Still though it was up to Liverpool to break them down and just were not good enough to do so.

Cannot argue with any of that but Pogba is some miss for United.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Kind of feels like Liverpool lost...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on October 14, 2017, 07:46:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 14, 2017, 02:22:32 PM

Cannot argue with any of that but Pogba is some miss for United.

Pogba would have made no difference to that rubbish today....bar maybe get himself sent off.

J70

Its bizarre the way Mourinho sets up United in these games. The likes of Burnley had a much better go at Liverpool at Anfield this season already than United did today or in the game last season. City, if the two teams are in anything like the  respective form they're in right now, will come and try to rip Liverpool apart. United barely ventured out of their half, at least partly due to their own lack of ambition. Mourinho blamed Liverpool's dominance in the centre of the park, but he's the one that set up the team that way. Lukaku must have been going mad up there, stuck in the pocket of Lovren and Matip, just like he used to be with Everton, instead of wreaking havoc like much lesser players have already done to Liverpool.

DeGea, the man is simply peerless, at least in England. If there's one player I envy United about, its him. Class act.

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on October 14, 2017, 08:20:11 PM
Kind of feels like Liverpool lost...
Before the game I thought a draw would be a decent result as I feared for our defence against them.
Disappointed now though not to have got the 3 points especially with Arsenal and Chelsea both losing.

Minder

Yeah it's bizarre alright, a team with Uniteds resources, the players they have bought, why would you come to play for a draw? Surely when you assemble a team like that you are equipped to go to any ground and win, home or away.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2017, 08:45:53 PM

DeGea, the man is simply peerless, at least in England. If there's one player I envy United about, its him. Class act.
+1  A fantastic goalkeeper.

heganboy

Quote from: Minder on October 14, 2017, 08:54:24 PM
Yeah it's bizarre alright, a team with Uniteds resources, the players they have bought, why would you come to play for a draw? Surely when you assemble a team like that you are equipped to go to any ground and win, home or away.

Hard to know what changes they could have made yesterday, the midfield was being comfortably handled by Liverpool, and I don't think JM had anyone on the bench available that could have added more and still defended the way they needed to
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armamike

The rout never materialised, though it was a bit much expecting Liverpool to give them a hosing on current form. 
Mourinho really is anti football.  No excuse whatsoever for the way he set them up. I can half understand his approach last year, but Liverpool have been very middling lately and he should have had the confidence in his players to go for it.  Is this why he eventually loses dressing rooms - the players get fed up with his lack of faith in their abilities?

Liverpool's main problems this season were there to see - lack of a good final ball, and wastefulness in front of goal.  Too many chances are needed to create a goal.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Are you delusional? Utd +19 goals Liverpool -1 he will always be defensive against the big teams... it's about trying nick a goal on the break, Liverpool at home against Utd should be winning those games, they may not get up for playing Watford but no excuses v Utd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 09:00:00 AM
Are you delusional? Utd +19 goals Liverpool -1 he will always be defensive against the big teams... it's about trying nick a goal on the break, Liverpool at home against Utd should be winning those games, they may not get up for playing Watford but no excuses v Utd

Forwards playing as wing backs the whole game? Give me a break ffs.  You're the one who's delusional if you think this is the way to set a team up with Manu's resources.  It's not surprising of course.  Typical Mourinho tactic away from home against the big sides.  It is a poor outlook on football though and don't imagine it would sit that well with some at OT.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on October 16, 2017, 10:50:03 AM

Forwards playing as wing backs the whole game? Give me a break ffs.  You're the one who's delusional if you think this is the way to set a team up with Manu's resources.  It's not surprising of course.  Typical Mourinho tactic away from home against the big sides.  It is a poor outlook on football though and don't imagine it would sit that well with some at OT.

So teams have set up against Liverpool all season and last season and Klopp still hasn't been able to work it out?  Whether that point gained or 2 points lost becomes important at the end of the season I'd judge him on that... Utd missing players going into a big game, play defensively, Shocker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 11:11:35 AM
Quote from: Armamike on October 16, 2017, 10:50:03 AM

Im sorry im not buying that one.
United where missing one player that would have started at the weekend, Pogba.
That's it.
If united want to set up ultra defensively and park the bus, that fine, but i cant then have mourinho winging when other clubs come and do the same to them.

So teams have set up against Liverpool all season and last season and Klopp still hasn't been able to work it out?  Whether that point gained or 2 points lost becomes important at the end of the season I'd judge him on that... Utd missing players going into a big game, play defensively, Shocker
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either