American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

What a Monday Night Football game!!

Gabriel_Hurl

After all that talk of Lee signing with the Yankees -it looks like he's turning their offer down - to return to Philadelphia

Their rotation will be ridiculous next season. They'll have three of the top 10 pitchers in baseball at one time.

thejuice

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on December 14, 2010, 02:57:02 AM
to put it in perspective, the streak commenced the day Donegal beat Dublin in the All Ireland Final!!!

Some going when you say it like that. I wonder will that record ever be broken.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thejuice on December 14, 2010, 09:08:04 AM
Quote from: JBM on the 21 on December 14, 2010, 02:57:02 AM
to put it in perspective, the streak commenced the day Donegal beat Dublin in the All Ireland Final!!!

Some going when you say it like that. I wonder will that record ever be broken.

Peyton is closest - and he'll have to play in every game up to an including the season opener in 2016 to match it

anportmorforjfc

Can't wait until tonight's game. Fairly sure that the niners will be able to stop chargers running game so its all about getting to rivers and not giving up the big plays. Secondary needs to be much better, if both teams play like they did sunday it will be some game.

ONeill

Hope to wake to good news then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

What a scoreline- almost two consecutive shutouts. Need the Rams to do the business on Sunday.

anportmorforjfc

Watched the game. That scoreline flatters San Diego, but rivers was brilliant.

magpie seanie

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on December 17, 2010, 09:21:17 AM

I left V-Jax on my bench for fantasy purposes cos I didn't want to be too reliant on things going San Diego's way. What a blunder. I'd practically be through if I hadn't made that change about an hour before kickoff. Overthinking it.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 17, 2010, 11:03:05 AM

I left V-Jax on my bench for fantasy purposes cos I didn't want to be too reliant on things going San Diego's way. What a blunder. I'd practically be through if I hadn't made that change about an hour before kickoff. Overthinking it.

how much fantasy points did he put up seanie ? its a balls when you leave a high score on the bench, just checked and last week i had 65 points sitting on the bench
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 17, 2010, 12:12:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 17, 2010, 11:03:05 AM

how much fantasy points did he put up seanie ? its a balls when you leave a high score on the bench, just checked and last week i had 65 points sitting on the bench

He put up a tad under 35 points.

magpie seanie

Yeah, just over 30 on our scoring system. Think he now has 7 passes caught for the season and 3 of them TD's. It was a stupid mistake, I hope I don't pay for it.

ONeill

J70

Giants killing the Eagles so far. Just sacked Vick again. 24-3  up, one minute into second half.