Jets 17
Chargers 35

Cardinals 35
Saints 24

Ravens 27
Colts 28

Capt Pat

Quote from: ballinaman on January 15, 2010, 06:03:13 PM
San Fran V Denver in Wembley this year ,announced there. Galwaybayboy will be happy. :)

If it was being played in the back garden, I would pull the curtains. Well maybe not that bad but not a great choice of games really.

ballinaman

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 15, 2010, 06:09:23 PM
San Fran V Denver in Wembley this year ,announced there. Galwaybayboy will be happy. :)

If it was being played in the back garden, I would pull the curtains. Well maybe not that bad but not a great choice of games really.

49ners are improving though, the 2nd game in Cardiff/Manchester will hopefully have a better match up....nothing confirmed about the 2nd game yet though, due to be decided in next few weeks.

Minder

It's impossible to predict what will be a good matchup in the NFL a year in advance. Tampa and New England looked decent game last year when it was announced with Tampa just missing out on the playoffs. It isn't like the English Premier Leaguer where you could pick the top ten most years and not be too far away.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

I suppose it might be a good game. When are Croke Park going to get in touch with Roger Goodell to arrange a game, now that the rugby and soccer are gone and with Mr Rooney up in the Phoenix Park. It could be a good money making venture. They have a big enough and good enough pitch. Would such a venture sell out in Croke Park.

Club Rossa

It's hard to know if they could sell out in Croke Park. I think you would be depending on a huge crowd coming over from England to boost the attendance.

magickingdom

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 14, 2010, 08:23:49 PM
Stew, I meant the integrity of the game is a shambles. It is a game built on the history, the tradition, the aura. Greats like Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio and countless others do not deserve to have their place in history taken by cheats like Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens and Manny Ramirez. It's a f*cking disgrace what those lads have done to the game.

Baseball may well be doing well financially at the moment, but for an institution that prides itself on the deeds of those that went before, how can they reconcile that with whats going on now, and went on in the late 90s right up to today. They should run those bums out of baseball, and strike their records from the books. And never, ever let them near Cooperstown.

my very thoughts az, mcguire makes me angry. george kimball had a good piece on him in the times

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0114/1224262298600.html

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 15, 2010, 06:09:23 PM

Not a bad game really. Both sides are decent but not great. At least there is not one useless team playing so it should be a tight competitive game. If Warner retires I'm sure the 49ers will be looking at winning their division next year and the Broncos nearly made the play-offs this season.

AZOffaly

I'll go to this. I like the niners, even though they are a divisional rival of the Cards. I was introduced into the NFL through lads like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, John Taylor, Ronnie Lott et al.

It's long trip for them though, 2 West 'Coast' teams. Maybe the Cardinals will be over soon too. Now that's a show :D

Rossie11

Its not a bad game. Both teams would have a fairly big fan base over here due to their success in 80/90s when NFL just
started on TV.
Hope Marshall stays with the Broncos now.

AZOffaly

I think they'd fill Croker on a one off gig as well. It was pretty full back in 1996 for Navy v Notre Dame, and I think Notre Dame are coming back in 2012.

Club Rossa

Notre Dame play Navy on September 1st 2012.Last time they played in Croke Park there was an attendance of just over 36,000 but i would say that with better marketing next time,that number could double.

AZOffaly

Is that all there was? I was sure there was more there that day.

Club Rossa

Yeah,i suppose it was a decent enough number though. According to reports,Notre Dame fans will be travelling across in huge numbers next time,possibly 15-20,000.

AZOffaly

Is 2012 an ND home game? 1996 was Navy. But given they are both even number years, would that make it a Navy home game?