American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Favre is answering the boo boys in some fashion !!

ONeill

Chargers' season potentially falling apart now. Were hammering the Raiders, now 5 in it and wobbling.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

That FG might do it. 8 ahead with 4:43 left.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heganboy

yanks looking good in the 6th, bed time...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

new devil

Yup and they were good...winning 7-4 with 3 runs in the top off the 9th...One win away from the world series  ;D

RedBolts

You got to hand it to Favre. Must have been weird enough for him, but he hardly let it show. Great game.

Two significant moments of the game for me: Percy Harvin's touchdown (after two dead-eye passes from Favre), and his kick return in the 3rd qtr that literally dragged the Vikings back into a game that Green Bay were steadily getting on top off.

I don't think we can judge the Rodgers v Favre thing (as people inev. will) based on yesterday's game. The protection Rodgers got esp in the first half was awful. Jared Allen went unopposed at times. It was this loose opening to the game from the Packers that lost it for them.

As for the Chargers, a win is a win. LT doing what he does best against the Raiders, and the Broncos losing keeps divisional hopes alive.

AZOffaly

Bollox to the Cards. They let Williams (boo) and Stewart (yeah!) run all over them. Kurt had 6 Turnovers!!!

RedBolts

Interesting as well that Sky can't show the Gameday programme on Monday evenings any more due to heavy sponsorship contravening uk broadcasting laws. They're now showing a highlights show of the two games shown the night before. 7pm tonight i think

thejuice

Seen the highlights of last nights game on Sky this morning. Thought for a minute Falcons were going to cause an upset, especially with the hit on Brees that got returned. Sadly our 3rd string secondary looked like midgets out there against Colston and the rest.

Turner looked a bit more like his old self breaking tackles and rumbling for 1st downs rather than going down in the pile. Sadly Matt Ryan threw 2 poor picks. Unlucky for Roddy White dropping a diving catch in the End zone, which the ref originally awarded a TD.

Saints 7-0, Falcons now 4-3 but with the Redskins next week we should stay in contention for the Wildcard spot.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: RedBolts on November 02, 2009, 10:22:27 AM
You got to hand it to Favre. Must have been weird enough for him, but he hardly let it show. Great game.

Two significant moments of the game for me: Percy Harvin's touchdown (after two dead-eye passes from Favre), and his kick return in the 3rd qtr that literally dragged the Vikings back into a game that Green Bay were steadily getting on top off.

I don't think we can judge the Rodgers v Favre thing (as people inev. will) based on yesterday's game. The protection Rodgers got esp in the first half was awful. Jared Allen went unopposed at times. It was this loose opening to the game from the Packers that lost it for them.

As for the Chargers, a win is a win. LT doing what he does best against the Raiders, and the Broncos losing keeps divisional hopes alive.

Rodgers is by far the better qb, if Favre was here he would be kilt by now with the lack of protection A Rod is getting.

My only consolation is that Favre will let them down at the hour of midnight, i really cant stand this muppet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mc_grens

Stew... You're not the lad who picked Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay D with his 1st 2 picks in the Fantasy ball, and is currently languishing in last in the Payton conference by any chance?
:P

magickingdom

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2009, 06:26:41 PM
Quote from: RedBolts on November 02, 2009, 10:22:27 AM

Rodgers is by far the better qb, if Favre was here he would be kilt by now with the lack of protection A Rod is getting.

My only consolation is that Favre will let them down at the hour of midnight, i really cant stand this muppet.

get over it stew, farve is a legend. . .
and theres only one a rod and hes a yankee

heganboy

and finally he's a yankee with a ring

there'll be red eyes and sore heads in the morning...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

MasterShake

"Calmer than you are".

mc_grens

He also created Baseball history... First guy to admit bring a steroids cheat and go on to win a ring...