American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

They listen to weather reports a lot too J70..they have the base area of the field covered right up to game time..Cant see this game going ahead...and i hope not because i will definitely go tomorrow night...You don't follow the baseball?

J70

Quote from: new devil on October 24, 2009, 10:45:58 PM
They listen to weather reports a lot too J70..they have the base area of the field covered right up to game time..Cant see this game going ahead...and i hope not because i will definitely go tomorrow night...You don't follow the baseball?

I keep up to date with how things are progressing and I've watched a fair bit of the playoffs so far, but I couldn't sit and watch it on a regular basis. Its a bit like golf or tennis in that respect.

So does the game go ahead subject to a pitch inspection then, regardless of the weather, or does a heavy rain forecast mean postponement, no matter how well the pitch holds up?

new devil

Games off!!

They would usually start the game and see how it holds up but the way its been raining all day and heavy rain forecasted they must of decided it was better to play it tomorrow

Games on tomorrow night at 8.20..same time has giants game  :( :(

Capt Pat

There can't be any standing water on the pitch or they won't play. They may play in light rain but not in heavy rain. That is as much as I know about it.

magickingdom

tomorrow night it is then, ny tellys will be busy with the giants on as well...

rain delays are common enough in baseball tho the commissioner has said that all post season games will be played to completion no matter what....

Minder

That big heure Jacobs better get his finger out for Big Blue.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Ahmad Bradshaw all the way. Thinkin of playin him at flex tomorrow ahead of Driver or Steve Smith of the Giants. Also could start him at RB2 instead of Maroney (good match up). Decisions, decisions!

Carmen Stateside

Farve and the Vikings lose unbeaten run to Pittsburg!

ONeill

Big win for the Chargers tonight - they need a long run now of similar results to make the P-Offs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Jets have started well. 14-0 1st quarter at Oakland.
How the feck did the Raiders beat Philly last week, they look very poor.

ONeill, Kansas one of the worst teams about. Oakland next for you which should be ok but then its Giants, Eagles and Denver before Kansas again.
That should leave them  6-5 ( giving them win against eagles)
then not the worst run in
@ Cleveland  win
@ Dallas     lose
Cincinnatti  lose (playing well)
@ Tennessee win
Washington win

Leaves them  9-7  borderline.

gallsman

Crabtree with a pretty solid debut. Five catches for 56.

ONeill

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 25, 2009, 08:44:01 PM

ONeill, Kansas one of the worst teams about. Oakland next for you which should be ok but then its Giants, Eagles and Denver before Kansas again.
@ Cleveland  win
@ Dallas     lose
@ Tennessee win
Washington win

Kansas were perhaps the worst team I've watched, ever. They couldn't get out of their own 10 at times.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2009, 08:28:04 PM
Big win for the Chargers tonight - they need a long run now of similar results to make the P-Offs.

Chiefs are brutal though, can't see it happening for us this year sadly!!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2009, 08:52:02 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 25, 2009, 08:44:01 PM

@ Cleveland  win
@ Dallas     lose
@ Tennessee win
Washington win

Kansas were perhaps the worst team I've watched, ever. They couldn't get out of their own 10 at times.

Graet for San Diego that they get to play them twice.

ballinaman

Anyone else hear the NFL commissioner talking during the Wembley game about how they are more than likely going to bring 2 regular season games to Europe next year?? The CBS guys then mentioned Dublin as a possible venue....

Be unbelievable to have it in Croker!! Can't see it happening though....Old Trafford....Amsterdam....and Berlin would have to be ahead of us to stage a game....