American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Pacmans career may be over, and it isnt gun or hooker related.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Yeah, Pacman injured his neck.

In other news Matt Cassel wont be playing this weekend due to the passing away of his father. The Patriots have said he's left the teams training camp in San Jose and they are not sure when he'll return.

Sad to hear that, hope Matt can return to finish the season.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

Bears v. New Orleans tonight. Going to hit the hay after the dinner and get up and watch it and catch a few hours kip after it again. NO has a good offense but a shaky D so its all about how the Bears inconsistent Defense can manage. Gonna be cold in Chicago this evening and one of these team will be left completely cold by the end of the game in terms of post season ambitions. Go Bears!

Minder

New Orleans are a totally different,and inferior,team outside a dome. Neither team can afford to lose. If New Orleans can generate enough offense they should win.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DrinkingHarp

F@#king Bears can not hold onto a lead.

Olsen raped in the endzone, no penalty  ???

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 12, 2008, 04:29:54 AM
F@#king Bears can not hold onto a lead.

Olsen raped in the endzone, no penalty ???

Finally !!!!

Gould MVP of Bears

Bod Mor

Good result for the Falcons. Now to take care of the Bucaneers on Sunday!!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

AZOffaly

What was the final? I came in from the pub at half two, staying in the sister in laws house. Fumbled around in the dark for the remote control. Found it. Saw it was 21-7 and said I'm away to bed.

thejuice

Quote from: Bod Mor on December 12, 2008, 05:41:35 AM
Good result for the Falcons. Now to take care of the Bucaneers on Sunday!!!

Yeah hopefully. Im worried though. They stuffed us last time. Kept us to 3 field goals, sacked Ryan 4 times + 3 INTs and held Turner to under 100 yards. At least its at home so hopefully we can do the business.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2008, 09:43:22 AM
What was the final? I came in from the pub at half two, staying in the sister in laws house. Fumbled around in the dark for the remote control. Found it. Saw it was 21-7 and said I'm away to bed.

Bears won 27-24 in overtime. I think it was a deserved victory but it looked like they'd blown it. How thew officials didn't call Olsen being manhandled in the endzone near the end of regulation I'll never know but it doesn't matter now. Great for the Bears to win getting so little from their offense in general and Forte in particular. He has 9 days now to get himself fixed up for a massive battle against Green Bay.

Worrying for Bears fans the amount of times the Bears start well and then hit a wall. At least last night they got it together in the end. Hester had a good night. Gould is just so reliable too. Orton was extremely unlucky with his first int (Rashied Davis, who seemed to be Grossman's favourite target) is just terrible. Threw a bad one later but his hobble into the endzone and last two drive mena he takes plenty of credit from the game.

Bears can still do this. Come on Arizona!

Rossie11

Just about deserved Seanie. Real game of 2 halves. Saints were poor in 1st half and I dont think bears had a 1st down in
the 2nd half until the very last drive. The Saints, as they have done in many games this year, blew it by been too aggressive too early. They should have kicked the FG early in the 3rd instead of challenging the spot of the ball on the 3rd down.
Was good game to watch as you always felt there was a big play or a mistake coming from one team or another.
Orten took a huge risk looking for 1 last play with 7seconds left on the clock in normal time. The sack saved his ass!!

Saints are done for the year. They have lost 5 games by 5pts or less. Maybe if they had gotten Hartley in earlier in season they would have had another win or 2 with missed FGs costing them early in season. Hopefully Thomas will continue to progress for next season as they badly need balance on offence.
Fully expect the Bears to win their division. I cant see Vikings winning any of their last 3.
Warner will destroy them through the air on Sunday

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: heganboy on December 09, 2008, 01:46:38 PM
I think its fair to say that the knicks are just desparate...

They dont seem to be the only team in New York thats desperate for success!
The Yankees have just aquired two pitchers this week with a combined total of $243.5 million ::)

CC Sabathia agreed to a seven year $161 million contract
AJ Burnett has agreed to a five year $82.5 million contract
And now they have there hand out to the city looking for money while Bloomberg closes down the classes in the Fire department and Police department!

MaroonAndWhite

Heisman trophy being awarded tonight isnt it? Is it being streamed live on any websites?

DrinkingHarp