American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 31, 2017, 11:55:10 AM
Clearly the Patriots logic is - if Tom Brady goes down we're fucked anyway. Lets get another pick for a guy we're not sure will ever be the real deal and take another project QB in the draft. Good to see the 49ers trying something and not just tanking. Forgot about the franchise tag.....deal makes more sense when you look at that possibility if Garapollo goes well.

I read this morning that the Pats wanted to keep him and where willing to give him a starter money contract, and carry two starter QB contracts on their books, but Jimmy G wanted playing time. Something they obviously couldn't give him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2017, 12:03:38 PM
Clearly the Patriots logic is - if Tom Brady goes down we're fucked anyway. Lets get another pick for a guy we're not sure will ever be the real deal and take another project QB in the draft. Good to see the 49ers trying something and not just tanking. Forgot about the franchise tag.....deal makes more sense when you look at that possibility if Garapollo goes well.

I read this morning that the Pats wanted to keep him and where willing to give him a starter money contract, and carry two starter QB contracts on their books, but Jimmy G wanted playing time. Something they obviously couldn't give him.

Interesting. I assume the Patriots are trying out Kaeprnick as I type?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 31, 2017, 12:52:12 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2017, 12:03:38 PM

Interesting. I assume the Patriots are trying out Kaeprnick as I type?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I assume Hoyer will come the other way

Minder

Special mention for the Browns, they where willing to offer the Pats a bounty of draft picks in the spring. They have three second round picks in next years draft & didn't take a run at Jimmy G this time ??

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2017, 12:58:31 PMI assume Hoyer will come the other way

It was reported last night that Hoyer has been cut

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2017, 01:02:30 PM
Special mention for the Browns, they where willing to offer the Pats a bounty of draft picks in the spring. They have three second round picks in next years draft & didn't take a run at Jimmy G this time ??

Apparently they actually didn't. (offer the patriots a bounty).

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 31, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2017, 12:58:31 PMI assume Hoyer will come the other way

It was reported last night that Hoyer has been cut

Yeah I mean as a free agent

Gabriel_Hurl

AZOffaly

If that works out, what a deal for the Eagles. He looks like a genuine Super Bowl running back.

Gabriel_Hurl

Definitely - in behind that OL - he will do some damage

Muck Savage

Why would the Dolphins trade him? There is another story behind this. A premium back for a 4th round pick........

oakleaflad

Quote from: Muck Savage on October 31, 2017, 04:08:50 PM
Why would the Dolphins trade him? There is another story behind this. A premium back for a 4th round pick........
Him and Gase have never got on. Gase left him behind in Miami for a game at the start of last season and publically called him out last week for not studying and missing blocks. He was also drafted with the knowledge his knees were an issue, bone on bone or something, so that may be a factor.

Minder

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 31, 2017, 04:11:41 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on October 31, 2017, 04:08:50 PM
Him and Gase have never got on. Gase left him behind in Miami for a game at the start of last season and publically called him out last week for not studying and missing blocks. He was also drafted with the knowledge his knees were an issue, bone on bone or something, so that may be a factor.

Yep to say they didn't get on is an under statement.

Not sure if he is a premium back either, he's a bit boom or bust

gallsman

This chat about Megatron and the Eagles is madness.

Therealdonald

Any of you guys read the hoodie talking about Jimmy G? Basically confirms that he was involved in the discussion?