American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2016, 02:48:49 PM
That the ref didn't give him a chance to change his call and flipped it the second time too quick. Also that "it's unfortunate it comes down to that."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624046/article/aaron-rodgers-unhappy-about-coin-flip-gaffe

I saw the article on the NFL website. I presume that what happened is he asked a question and answered it?

AZOffaly

The correct answer there was, yeah, there was a bit of a mixup at the coin toss, but that's not the reason we lost the game.

It sounds pretty childish. I would have changed my pick if he gave me time. And "it came down to that".

It actually came down to the Packers leaving a hall of fame receiver wide open by 40 yards and then not tackling him.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2016, 02:58:58 PM
The correct answer there was, yeah, there was a bit of a mixup at the coin toss, but that's not the reason we lost the game.

It sounds pretty childish. I would have changed my pick if he gave me time. And "it came down to that".

It actually came down to the Packers leaving a hall of fame receiver wide open by 40 yards and then not tackling him.

And they had converted two Hail Mary's on one drive themselves (there's a clue in the name Aaron, they weren't just completed due to your complete awesomeness). It came down to that - what an ass.

deiseach

What a crass thing to say. Gridiron can appear like all bang-crash-wallop to the uninitiated (of which I count myself as one), so to reduce this run, which would have put Nureyev to shame, to the status of a coin flip . . . crass.

I get the feeling television doesn't do justice to how stupendous a run that is.

Clov

I love the spin move by Palmer on the play. Barry Sanders would have been proud of that  :D
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 19, 2016, 03:21:58 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2016, 02:58:58 PM

And they had converted two Hail Mary's on one drive themselves (there's a clue in the name Aaron, they weren't just completed due to your complete awesomeness). It came down to that - what an ass.

Does Rodgers get any credit wth you Seanie for those two plays ?  :D
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TabClear

Quote from: Clov on January 19, 2016, 03:31:14 PM
I love the spin move by Palmer on the play. Barry Sanders would have been proud of that  :D

Now there was a player.  Nfl on channel 4.   ;D One of the greatest ever and just a shame the lions never won a Superbowl.

heganboy

The big change in the playoffs this year has been the number of games that have been decided by blown coverage and unforced errors. Would like to see Broncos get the win at the weekend, but if Brady stays in the whole game i think the machine himself may just be too good for them. Love him or hate him, you have to give Brady credit, he is phenomenal.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Asal Mor

Excellent article I came across about Julian Edelman and why he is such an incredible competitor.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10270087/competition-fuels-julian-edelman-fire

Club Rossa

Any of you watch the Warriors dismatle the Cavs the other night?
An unbelievable performance,Curry was shooting the lights out.

gallsman

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 20, 2016, 02:27:25 PM

Forget about the Warriors, the Spurs are only two games behind them and are absolutely sizzling at the minute. The two of them meet for the first time this year on Monday - should be incredible.

Oraisteach

Yes, Rossa, I did watch, and the Warriors shot the lights out and made my Cavs look pretty miserable.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 18, 2016, 03:09:24 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 18, 2016, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 18, 2016, 03:05:02 PM
Can anyone answer my question? Who was calling the plays for the Packers before it went back to McCarthy late in the season? Whoever it was was doing a worse job obviously.

He took over from the Co-ordinator. Your man Clements.

Feck off seanie, I want the Patriots OCOot take the job, best in the business.

Stew wants Aaron to do it. Hail Mary's every down!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on January 20, 2016, 04:31:46 PM
Quote from: Club Rossa on January 20, 2016, 02:27:25 PM

Forget about the Warriors, the Spurs are only two games behind them and are absolutely sizzling at the minute. The two of them meet for the first time this year on Monday - should be incredible.

The Spurs have went under the radar big time, with the Warriors getting all the attention. Can't wait for this one.

Club Rossa

The Bulls have The Warriors tonight and Cleveland at the weekend.Losing Noah for probably the rest of the season won't help their cause to topple the Cavs in the East.Hard to envisage anyone other than Cleveland coming out of the East.