American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I wouldn't have the Vikings or Falcons that high.

cadhlancian

Ok, who below them, would you have above them?

AZOffaly

Cardinals are too high too. Come on. Stop jinxing them.  :)

Power rankings are always interesting, but if you use the premise that 'who would win a 7 game series on a neutral site' then I would say the Falcons would be in danger against the Packers and Seahawks. I think the Rams are a bit low too, but their record doesn't give them the right to be any higher I suppose.

foxcommander

There's no way the panthers are #2 best team. Standard has been poor this year and injuries to some starting QB's like Romo and Big Ben have skewed rankings slightly.

Patriots still the team to beat.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

cadhlancian

Right now, where would you have the Panthers then?

foxcommander

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 17, 2015, 10:07:25 PM
Right now, where would you have the Panthers then?

On current results they are 2nd in the rankings because of their unbeaten run and rightly so - they were very lucky to beat the colts a couple of weeks back. They folded in the last quarter and Luck nearly pulled off the win.

I think the true story won't unfold until they hit a bump in the road. Cowboys with romo back and the giants and the divisonal games v the falcons will really show that they are made of.

cadhlancian

That's who I said
" current rankings"....

magpie seanie

I actually think the Panthers are legit. Super defense and Cam is just beasting, getting better and better. He's a big fcuker too unlike most running QB's. If he had a money receiver besides Olsen I'd be really excited about them - how they must miss Kelvin Benjamin.

magpie seanie

Jay Cutler has a higher completion %, higher passing yards/game and YPA than Aaron Rodgers so far this season. And it's not like all his weapons have been fit and firing all year either. Now he's obviously still a middle of the road QB but he's doing a decent job and might be actually saving his job which I think everyone thought unlikely at the start of the season. Only 5 INT's so far - that could happen previously in two games!!! Hopefully da Bears have turned the corner and can remain competitive from here on and build for next season.

foxcommander

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 17, 2015, 10:31:51 PM
That's who I said
" current rankings"....
Dolphins beat the eagles at the weekend and are still 7 places below them, they gave the Texans a mauling 3 weeks ago and are a place below them too.

The rankings are not a great guideline.

cadhlancian

FC, I literally did that in about 5 mins ,of the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few off the mark. Would the Giants have jumped above the Pats if Gostowski had missed that 54 yarder on Sunday?? Should the Bengals be below the Texans now??

Clov

The 49ers are way too high on that list.

And as they somehow managed to beat the Vikings and Falcons, those 2 teams don't deserve to be anywhere near the top.

signed, 1 disgruntled 49ers fan  :-\

4 teams stand out for me - Panthers (who are absolutely legit), Cardinals, Bengals and Pats. The problem as always for these teams is staying healthy. We're seeing this already with the Patriots injuries.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Oraisteach

I think the list is rating my Browns way, way too high.

foxcommander

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 18, 2015, 05:13:41 AM
FC, I literally did that in about 5 mins ,of the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few off the mark. Would the Giants have jumped above the Pats if Gostowski had missed that 54 yarder on Sunday?? Should the Bengals be below the Texans now??

No worries - if you're going on results alone they're a #2 team. I thought this was some official rankings you posted.

From what I've seen of them I really don't fancy the panthers at all, even though they've picked up a couple of scalps along the way with Seahawks and Packers.
Their defense has done well but their offense is pretty suspect. If the opposition ever figure out to get tight on Greg Olsen....

gawa316

Warriors go to 12-0, rode there luck in the last few games but I can't get enough of watching them.

Big, big game against the Clippers on Thursday, hopefully it's not unlucky 13.