American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: J70 on May 05, 2015, 08:00:16 PM
Both JR and Shumpert are unreliable as hell shooting though. JR could hit 30 three nights in a row, then 8 for the next five. He is also immature and does idiotic things that end up in suspension and/loss of form e.g. his tweets, his elbow on Jason Terry or tying the laces of that player last year. Not the smartest player either and too liable to shoot first from stupid positions, which is not to say he is not talented. I loved Shumpert as a Knick for his defensive prowess, especially steals, but his shooting was never great.

Oh he's a complete idiot but both JR and Shumpert are better Cavs than they were Knicks. Between them they can put up enough to space things out for Lebron and Irving and Shumpert is solid defensively.

I think Duncan will stay on. He could very likely, and probably will, get All-NBA honours again this season. He had 27-11 in the loss on Saturday! Ginobili is a different matter. He's struggled a lot with injuries over the last few years although occasionally broke out with huge games this year.

Muck Savage

And Stephen Curry wins the MVP. Well deserved IMHO, some of the scores this year were superb. Very down to earth sort of lad also, would love to see them win it all this year also. Seen an interview here last night where his Dad and Agent did everything they could to stop GSW picking him 7th in the draft.

gallsman

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 05, 2015, 08:46:20 PM
And Stephen Curry wins the MVP. Well deserved IMHO, some of the scores this year were superb. Very down to earth sort of lad also, would love to see them win it all this year also. Seen an interview here last night where his Dad and Agent did everything they could to stop GSW picking him 7th in the draft.

Yup, he's an absolutely magical player. Best player on the best team. Most open MVP vote in years. Harden would have been just as deserving in my book.

Oraisteach

I find it funny that both Stephen Curry and LeBron James were born in Akron, Ohio.  Tyre capital of the world and home to two amazing basketball MVPs.

Gabriel_Hurl

His father played for the Cavs at the time.

Oraisteach

You're right, Gabe.  His dad did stop for a quick cup of coffee in Cleveland.

gawa316

Steph Curry and the Warriors are human after all. Soundly beat last night by the Grizzlies, surely that can't play that bad again?!

gallsman

Quote from: gawa316 on May 06, 2015, 04:53:04 PM
Steph Curry and the Warriors are human after all. Soundly beat last night by the Grizzlies, surely that can't play that bad again?!

Having Conley back is huge for them, even with half a face. For much of the year it looked like they'd be a legitimate threat in the West and it was Memphis that stopped GSWs 17 or 18 game streak. I don't think it'll last though. Too old and too banged up..

J70

Deflategate report is out.

Apparently it was likely intentional and Brady probably knew about it.

Minder

Quote from: J70 on May 06, 2015, 06:41:12 PM

Pats cheating ? Never
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on May 06, 2015, 09:06:00 PM

Pats cheating ? Never

Pats fans remind me of zealots. They'll play this like the whole NFL is out to get them.

Oraisteach

Cavs over the Bulls 106-91.  Had to work very hard to achieve it and may have incurred another injury--Shumprert.  Boy, it's hard being a Cleveland sports fan.  But at least we have a 1-1 split now.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on May 06, 2015, 09:10:58 PM

Pats cheating ? Never

Pats fans remind me of zealots. They'll play this like the whole NFL is out to get them.

I am one and I think they are bunch of cheating hoors and that Brady should face sanctions next season, he has tainted his legacy and is as bad as a doper in my opinion.

So maybe it's just some Pats fans you are referring to! ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

Quote from: stew on May 07, 2015, 07:39:44 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 06, 2015, 09:10:58 PM

Pats cheating ? Never

I am one and I think they are bunch of cheating hoors and that Brady should face sanctions next season, he has tainted his legacy and is as bad as a doper in my opinion.

So maybe it's just some Pats fans you are referring to! ::)

In fairness Im taking my cues from the lads over on Boards.ie that I know and how they react on ESPN.com and the like. Like any other fanbase I guess the loud ones tend to drown out the sensible ones..

Ironically I think BB is one of the few people who comes out of this looking like he didn't lie, he basically punted it to Brady in his presser and Brady completely denied everything, even saying he didn't know McNally which the text messages clearly show he did. I suppose BB's seminar on ball pressure a few days later doesn't look good but it seems at least to be prompted by Brady's flat denials.

Robert Kraft coming out with smarmy requests for apologies from the NFL before the findings were even in looks very bad now. The fact he still remained unrepentant yesterday when the findings came out does not reflect well on the man.

Such a pointless reason to be embroiled in a cheating scandal, the Pats would have won the SB this year with normally inflated balls..

stew

They should get stripped of every pick in next years draft and Brady should sit for at least four games if not eight.

Kraft and BB knew about this, I dont buy that shite one bit, the Pats are a scuzzy outfit, the best in any American city but they deal in the dark arts from the shadows and that should be beneath them, I am a fan and hope they get hammered because they deserve to and they need to know there is a heavy price for cheating.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.