American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

After the first three quarters he had, that is some seriously clutch play from Wilson. Balls of steel.

Quote from: andoireabu on January 18, 2015, 11:32:59 PM
Tell me this. Why is it golden goal in overtime? Seattle win the toss and because they score green bay dont get a chance even though there is 12 mins left! Shite way to end a game

It's controversial but better than the old rule where a field goal could win it. Don't agree with it myself.

AZOffaly

Some finish. Fair play to Wilson at the end, but why the pack went away from their gameplan I don't know. Clay Mathews must have been injured?

As for OT, I think the college system is better.

magpie seanie

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 18, 2015, 11:32:45 PM
Right Tom beat the Colts and then beat them cnuts Seattle in the SB. Lucky isn't the word for them cnuts.

Lucky my arse. They're a team of champions who never give up and make their own luck. Play with busted arms, whatever. Overcome adversity. Throw 4 INT's and still keep fighting.

The supposed MVP tonight showed that he is great when everything is going his way but average in adversity. The f**king limp came back when the pressure was on.

Bottle can't be coached.

Delighted.

screenexile

Total implosion by GB. As the lads on Sky have said the GB failure to see out a 3rd and 19 as well as the defense on the 2pt conversion and OT touchdown were criminal.

Wilson terrible also but God Lynch is some operator!!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 18, 2015, 11:38:48 PM
Right Tom beat the Colts and then beat them cnuts Seattle in the SB. Lucky isn't the word for them cnuts.

Lucky my arse. They're a team of champions who never give up and make their own luck. Play with busted arms, whatever. Overcome adversity. Throw 4 INT's and still keep fighting.

The supposed MVP tonight showed that he is great when everything is going his way but average in adversity. The f**king limp came back when the pressure was on.

Bottle can't be coached.

Delighted.

Harsh seanie. He marched them up the field for the tying field goal. Anyone else but one of the great ones would have capitulated after the Seahawks went ahead. I didn't think he was great though tonight. Very antsy.

Wildweasel74

Hate them Seattle bollixes along with Baltimore, Don't know how u blame Rodgers for that one Magpie, The tight end on the short kick off cost green Bay the game

Minder

Bottle can't be coached.

Delighted.

Ah come on you have been, and continue to talk bollocks about Rodgers injury, even with over whelming evidence to the contrary.

Are you seriously saying he put a limp on when he was running out of bounds on the game tieing drive, seriously ??

And it was the coach that lost his bottle.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muck Savage

Couldn't agree more. Cant see Indy beating them so Pats it is.

I just cannot stand that Pete Cnut, can't even call him Carroll as it's an Offaly name😪

anportmorforjfc

Bottle can't be coached.

Delighted.

Are you seriously saying there was no luck involved? wing a 2 point conversion up and its caught, if not game over. Offensive pass interference on Baldwin in the build up to the TD, as obvious a foul as I have seen this season, same thing happened in Seattle last season for them to win. It was more of a case of Green Bay throwing it away than 'champions' or 'adversity'. In my opinion Wilson also relies on a lot of luck. Sherman's left arm seemed ok at the end when they scored or maybe it was just me. If they are indeed 'Champions' they are lucky ones at that. 

gallsman

McCarthy will get lucky that there are several other convenient (and thoroughly deserving ones in fairness too) scapegoats out there in Clinton-Dix, Bostick and Burnett.

David McKeown

Never bought the hype on Rodgers. Good qb but not great. Brady wouldn't have been stopped on the 1 yard line twice and ultimately that cost GB.

On Jeff Reinbold I think he's superb and a nice bloke too ( I followed him on Twitter during the week and he tweeted me to thank me then answered a load of football questions quickly thereafter), not fussed on Reynolds although much better than he used to be. Liked Nick Halling back in the day too.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

5 turnovers and still couldn't win. If QB takes the plaudits when they win then he gets it when they lose. He only got one TD and that's because two DB's ran into each other. He didn't get it done when it mattered. Blame special teams etc to deflect if you like but Rodgers couldn't get it in the endzone. A few nice picks too, stupid to throw at Sherman like that (second one was the receivers fault to be fair).

Hopefully Rodgers is fit for the Pro Bowl.  ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 18, 2015, 11:48:46 PM

Bottle can't be coached.

Delighted.

Are you seriously saying there was no luck involved? wing a 2 point conversion up and its caught, if not game over. Offensive pass interference on Baldwin in the build up to the TD, as obvious a foul as I have seen this season, same thing happened in Seattle last season for them to win. It was more of a case of Green Bay throwing it away than 'champions' or 'adversity'. In my opinion Wilson also relies on a lot of luck. Sherman's left arm seemed ok at the end when they scored or maybe it was just me. If they are indeed 'Champions' they are lucky ones at that.

If you want to talk about dirty play why did you omit steroids and his attempt to concuss Wilson with a helmet to helmet hit on one of the Int returns? It failed and so did his team.

Carmen Stateside

Credit has to go to Pete Carroll for the play calls late to get them a chance at the win.  Wilson can't take any credit after 4 interceptions.

gallsman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 19, 2015, 12:10:08 AM
Credit has to go to Pete Carroll for the play calls late to get them a chance at the win.  Wilson can't take any credit after 4 interceptions.

Yes he can. He was hit with a bad cheap shot in first half, two of the INTs aren't on him and he was clutch as f**k on the final few drives.