Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: gallsman on April 30, 2013, 06:06:14 PM
Quote from: stew on April 29, 2013, 09:06:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 29, 2013, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 29, 2013, 07:28:16 PM
way to go Mike Wallace

Absolutely golden.

I don't understand that either, so now if you think homosexuality is wrong you are castigated as a bigot, how is that right?

Fair play to Collins for coming out but haven't American sports stars done than in the past? Navratilova & BJK spring to mind.

Given that two wemen have done it in the past is it not wrong to hold Collin's up as some sort of hero when two aul dolls did it back in the 70's? Gender equality and all that! :P

BJK was outed after her career was over, she didn't come out. Big difference.

You are of course right - you and anyone else who believes homosexuality is wrong are the story and the victims here.  :-\

Those who doth protest too much often have something to hide themselves. You sure you're not hiding anything, Stew?

Dont put words in my mouth, I don't understand how one man can be attracted to another, it is alien to me and I will never get it.

As for me hiding anything, that is not my form gallsman so good try.

Finally, just because I dont get it does not mean I dont wish Collins and others in his situation well, they are human beings and deserve  to walk the streets without fear of being both ostracized and outed, to be yourself is a fundamental human right and I wish him all the best and hope he lives his life the way he wants to going forward.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game Seven tonight. This is when things get really good.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteEd Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2m
Just filed to ESPN: The Patriots are signing QB Tim Tebow and expect him to be in minicamp tomorrow

magpie seanie

This Tebow to the Patriots is going to be very interesting. Special team shenanigans? Tight End option with Gronk and Hernandez' injury problems? Short yardage TD vulture? It's sure to be a circus but one Belichick will use to his advantage.

Declan

Wow that'a a surprise alright

Syferus

The Hoodie has praised him since college and this was one of the few situations where a coach was confident enough in his position and that of his starter that he had the good sense to take a chance on such an intriguing player. He'll start out as QB3 but Ryan Malett will be under real preassure from now on. Tebow can moonlight on special teams but the key for them is grooming him into valuable trade bait or, if everything goes very well, Tebow taking over from Brady when he retires.

ballinaman

Thought he's just signed a training camp contract, he might not last long yet.

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 11, 2013, 01:11:46 PM
Thought he's just signed a training camp contract, he might not last long yet.

You don't sign Tebow unless you feel he's going to make the team. McDaniels drafted him, remember, and his contract will have no guaranteed money so I don't see him not making the roster.

NE kills the circus so there's pretty much no reason for them not to hold on to him as a project for the season, if not longer. You're hardly going to find a better qualified QB3, now are you?

AZOffaly

I cannot see Timbow being a QB in the NFL. He just can't throw the ball consistently. Now he may be able to fix that with a lot of work, but he doesn't make the reads either. I think he could be an excellent goal line threat, as an option type QB/Runner, but I can't see the Pats putting their franchise in the hands of a nice lad who can't throw.

FL/MAYO

The Pats will have all types of trick plays involving Tebow for their Jets games this year.  Belichick loves nothing more than winding up the Jets, a Tebow pass to Brady for a TD would be a nice one to start of with :D

GalwayBayBoy

deiseach

That's the front page? Good God is right.

turk

This Tebow move doesn't make sense to me.  If he comes in for a spell and you have good coverage then it is a trick or run play. I don't think the Patriots need help in this area. I don't understand it.

Minder

Looked like a great game last night, Ray Allen forcing OT with a 3 with 5 seconds to go. Can't see the Spurs winning game 7.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2013, 07:47:18 AM
Looked like a great game last night, Ray Allen forcing OT with a 3 with 5 seconds to go. Can't see the Spurs winning game 7.
A lot of arsehole fans were leaving thinking they were beaten and were not allowed back in for OT. Proper order.