American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Holy shit, that's some start for them.

Capt Pat

Cowboys are back in it with 11 minutes to go in the fourth 21-14. The Cowboys defense have been strong in the second half.

Gabriel_Hurl

NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS FOOTBALL BABY!!!!!  ;D

Minder

Giants will be very dangerous in the playoffs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2012, 10:35:25 AM
Giants will be very dangerous in the playoffs.

Cruz seems to be unstoppable at the moment. He has done away with 2 good teams in the last two weeks.

The Iceman

Cruz came out of nowhere this season - old Manningham must hate him! Looking forward to see what he is capable of next year when the Giants start building some serious plays around him.
Laurent Robinson was a joy to watch too, gifted receiver, serious speed and great hands.

Great win for the Giants. Eli had a rough 3rd quarter but that spin and bomb to Cruz was great.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

tyroneman

Raiders didn't deserve to make the playoffs.

Too many collapses earlier in the season and yet all we had to do was beat the Chargers, who had nothing to play for, AT HOME and we would have won the AFC West.

Shocking defence all year. Once a GM is found you would hope they take a long look at Chuck B

AZOffaly

Cards signed off in good style, but the same old silly plays making it closer than it should have been, which has been the modus operandum of the Cardiac Cards for years now. Still 7-2 finish after starting 1-6 is a great turnaround, and a hopeful sign for the future. They are still young, and don't need major surgery in the draft. Especially with Ryan Williams back next season at running back too.

A couple of big old hunks of beef on the O-Line and D-Line would be a good start.

Muck Savage

Anyone wanting to watch great americian football watch the college games this week, Rose bowl, Fiesta bowl etc. all leading up to the championship game Next monday. Great games and true pasion where these guys are not overpaid spoilt convicts .....yet.
All that is good about this sport

AZOffaly

Watching it right now :) The Rose Bowl shootout. 66 points with just 6 minutes gone in the third quarter.

Muck Savage

Two classic games, Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. Both came down to the last play, Rose Bowl the QB didn't spike the ball fast enough on the opposition 20 yard line to stop the clock and Oregon win. Fiesta bowl, kicker misses for Stanford win with last kick of the game to put into OT, then misses in OT for OSU to win. Poor lad is a 1st year and I'm guessing pretty lonely in the dressing roon after teh game.
Couple more good ones to come over the week but next Monday will be a tense 3-0 win, flip of a coin to who however.

mc_grens

Bill Polian has been fired by the Colts.

thejuice

Any upsets this weekend.

It would be a pity if the Texans don't make the most of their good season, they should beat Cincy but the Bengals will make the most of the opportunity and would Dalton be potentially the first ginger lad QB a winning Superbowl team?

I pick the Texans

I can't see the Broncos winning but you just don't know, its really about Big Ben Vs the Denver defense. The Steelers defense should be too savy to let Tebow have room to run. If its close anything is possible.

I pick the Steelers

Lions are going to beat the Saints. I just think they will have learned from the last game and in a straight shoot out they are going to make it happen. They will have players on defense back like Suh who can make a difference.

I'm going with the Lions

The Falcons will be the Giants. The Falcons have learned from the last few years and are ready to make a move. This is a very interesting game as they are almost mirror images of each other. I suspect the Falcons just have that bit extra on Offence but their O-line needs to hold up and they need to make smart play calling to keep the Giants D-line off kilter.

Falcons for the W!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

I'm going Cincy, Steelers, Saints and Falcons

I think that Cincy may be able to grind out a win down in Houston, they are a tough bunch from the AFC North. Houston had an easy enough run with Manning being out. It's Houston's first playoff game, and I can see a let down.

Signs are on that NFL Ds are starting to figure out Tebow, and you just cannot beat good teams by throwing cack handed dead ducks through the air, and relying on an option play to work time and again. The Steelers will rough him up, and I see them winning handy.

Should be a good one down on the Bayou, but I pick the Saints here. They've proably been the most impressive team in the NFL since midway through the season when the Pack started to slow down slightly. If this were in Detroit I'd be even more inclined to pick the Lions, and Stafford and Megatron are a great combination, but Brees seems to have too many weapons for me. Might be a shootout.

Not impressed with either of the teams in the last game, but I think the Falcons are the better of the two. Cruz has been great for the Giants recently, but I think he's waging a one man war at times. The Falcons should have too much.

Capt Pat

Lions to beat the Saints?????? You are not the only one to say it but come on they are not even close to the beating the Saints on the road imho. It is not like the saints have any injuries to key players. The Saints are my tip for the superbowl.

The rest I agree with. The Steelers have issues at running back but should be too strong for the Broncos.
The Texans should beat the Bengals if Andre Johnson plays the full game.
The Falcons might just beat the Giants but that game is too close to call.