American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 21, 2011, 04:56:28 AM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2011, 11:50:47 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2011, 11:42:57 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2011, 11:40:12 PM
I think the bears are the second best team in the league right now, unfortunately for them they are also the second best team inn their division and the pack continue to roll.

I think the packers will lose one of their next two games, probably on Thursday but perfection was never the goal, winning it all again was always the goal and I think that the biggest stumbling block to that is those pesky bears, they are good...........very good.

Cutler is some pup. First incomplete pass in yonks.

I thought the Chargers had the measure of GB moreso than of the Bears today.

The pack played them and beat them................in Chicago.

The packers are 10-0 for a reason and they are a better team than the bears at this stage...............just.

I hate to say it but the Pack look unstopable at the moment. As a team the Bears are night and day from the first matchup and the Bears should beat the Pack.

Great!!!! While typing this reply the local chicago news channel reports "Cutler has a broken thumb on his throwing hand, out 6-8 weeks with surgery".

Have to see how Hanie responds now as the starter for the rest of the season, thankfully the D is playing well now.
The niners are looking pretty good though so might not be all bad
If things work out  ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

omochain

I agree with TO (a first).. watch out for the Niners. Now if Rodgers or Brady would just come home I would upgrade that to bet the farm on them.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: omochain on November 21, 2011, 05:23:54 AM
I agree with TO (a first).. watch out for the Niners. Now if Rodgers or Brady would just come home I would upgrade that to bet the farm on them.
How many times did you disagree in your 5 other posts? :)

magpie seanie

Bears going well but losing Cutler now is a huge blow. He has been playing really well. 7-3 but 4 road games out of the 6 remaining with an inexperienced QB is going to make it tough. Defense is playing well and special teams are consistent, sometimes brilliant. Caleb Hanie - its over to you. A win next week against Oakland in the black hole would be huge.

I also agree with TO, niners look tough.

AZOffaly

Niners are definitely a serious team. In fairness the Cardinals are really struggling though. The one thing I'd worry about the Niners is can they score enough? You need TDs not Field Goals against the big teams, and they should easily have put 40 on the Cardinals last night. Into the 4th quarter yesterday the Cardinals had something like 70 yards, 5 TOs and 4 first downs. The Cards D held them to FGs and blocked 2 more until the Niners made the breakthrough eventually. Someone like Green Bay would have punished them for that.

magpie seanie

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'm more interested in their defense though as in tighter games that's what will matter. Their offense is good on the ground with Gore, Hunter and even a bit of Dixon and Smith is a game manager with a few decent targets (David, Crabtree). If their D keeps them in games they'll get it right enough on offense to be up there with the best.

The succession of field goal attmepts in the first half yesterday was bordering on the comical alright.

AZOffaly

I was (as I usually do) listening to the game on the Arizona Cardinals broadcast, as well as watching Red Zone, and the Cardinals commentators were just tearing their hair out. The D and special teams were keeping them in it, and the offense was going backwards. At least the QB 'controversy' is over. Skelton was badly exposed as what he is, an average to good young fella trying to learn the game.

I think the Cardinals have blocked the most kicks in the past two or 3 years. They seem to get good penetration on the blocks, and Calais Campbell is something like 6' 8''.

Club Rossa

Really bad loss for the Giants last night,thought they would have handled the Eagles without too much bother.
Cowboys lead the division now >:(

AZOffaly

Some great finishes last night.

Capt Pat

The Vikings lost again but it helps us chase a top draft pick. I am hoping for the left tackle or the wide receiver Blackmon in the drwft to make up for a crappy season.

thejuice

Looking at the Play off picture the Falcons (6-4) best chance is catching the Detroit Lions (7-3) who have a fairly tough few games ahead and I think will lose about 3 games. The falcons have to play 2 teams in their remaining fixtures with winning records.  Matt Ryan has posted 2 consecutive 300+ yd games, something he doesn't do very often. 
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 21, 2011, 12:31:38 PM
The Vikings lost again but it helps us chase a top draft pick. I am hoping for the left tackle or the wide receiver Blackmon in the drwft to make up for a crappy season.

The vikings are one of the worst run organizations in sports.

Let's see, where to start.

1) They failed to get their first round draft pick to the podium on time and lost the spot, major embarrassment number 1.

2) The love boat incident hurt the reputation of the club.

3) Randy Moss drives his car into a meter lady as a viking.

4) Chilly, their former coach begs Favre to play for him, picked him up at the airport and went on to see favre stab him in the back numberous times, he managed to get them to the NFC title game and imploded by winging it when all he had to do was fall forward and they would have had a field goal. They lose and the following year was a disaster, Chilly out and favre was shite.

5) The roof collapses in that dump of a stadium, thank God no one was there to get killed.

6) They pick up a washed up quarterback (again) and he is benched after a couple of horrible games and they are out of contention before October is over.

7) Now their fans want them to lose out to get the first pick in the draft.................................... not happening, Indy have that puppy locked up and the next superstar QB in Indy will be drafted thanks to them going )-16 this season.

8) Most importantly, a player died due to dedyhydration, apparently it was not manly to take on board water in 90 degree heat whilst at mini camp, the poor bastard feel over and died needlessly.

That is some legacy they have going on over there, they are terrible and long may it continue.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

Stew would I be right in saying that you don't really like the Vikings?  :D

stew

Quote from: new devil on November 21, 2011, 06:23:54 PM
Stew would I be right in saying that you don't really like the Vikings?  :D
t

You would be correct sir, they are a horrible organization from the owner on down.

The thing is the only sport I really get mad into is Gaelic football, I love the Ryder cup as well, the rest are just amusement really, i enjoy them but it's not the same.

That said I cant abide them hoors in vikingland, I like Liverpool more than i like the vikings ffs.

In short the vikings are the Down of the NFL for me. :)

stew

Timbow got er done again I see, how can a man that cant play the game win so much???? ;)