American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: Jonah on November 04, 2011, 05:13:40 PM
Can anyone explain why LA Galaxy were playing New York Red Bulls in the Western Conf semi final the other night?
Also is there anywhere I can watch MLS games online?

Top 3 in East and West go through, then next 4 overall in the standings (wildcards). NYRB sneaked in at 10th (last wildcard)) spot, but they beat Dallas who are a Western team thus ending up in the Western conf semis.
espn3 is an online channel but you probably need a US IP address, vipvox etc might work for you.

Keane has looked lively enough coming back from injury, should be in decent form for the Estonia play-offs.

The Iceman

I don't think Tebow is good enough. At college level Cam Newton is jogging into the End Zone and smiling as he scores again and again. He wasn't playing at 50%, he was and is a natural athlete and now at the Pro level is excelling.
Tebow was at 110% at college level and thats what made him great. He is a modern day Rudy, albeit twice the size. Hard work will only get you so far in the Pros. I don't think Tebow makes it.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Carmen Stateside

Looking forward to LSU Alabama tomorrow.  Should be a great game.

The Claw

Backed the Rams at 5/4 lads, Kevin Kolb looking doubtful to play. Think its worth a bet.

Carmen Stateside

It will depend on Kolb, if he doesnt start you should be on a winner.  Think 49ers is my pick for the weekend.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: The Claw on November 05, 2011, 01:18:15 AM
Backed the Rams at 5/4 lads, Kevin Kolb looking doubtful to play. Think its worth a bet.

Rams QB is questionable for the game as well if he is out too close to call.

Carmen's pick is as close to a sure thing as you will get for sunday.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 04, 2011, 11:51:35 PM
Looking forward to LSU Alabama tomorrow.  Should be a great game.

THE game of the year, Bama by 3, roll tide.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

Kolb has been disappointing for the Cardinals. He is hardly the bigvdifferejce maker in this game.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2011, 09:12:20 AM

Kolb has been disappointing for the Cardinals. He is hardly the bigvdifferejce maker in this game.

iI'd agree capt Pat i'm pretty sure i heard on one of the nfl programmes that he has only won 3 of the 14 games that he started
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stew

Got 2 hundy riding on bama, I will be watching this one with great interest. I think Bama will win this one by double digits.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

barelegs

LSU won 9-6 in overtime.

Watched the first half on a poor enough stream and enjoyed it even if it was a bit of a slugfest. Alabama will be kicking themselves that they lost this. Missed far too many field goals. They certainly looked the better team during what I saw of the match.

RealSpiritof98

Was watching this game and on ESPN America, but ESPN had Kansas agin Oklahoma St, what a game 52-45 compared to 9-6, everytime I flicked back I had missed 1 or 2 TDs, yer man Klien is some pup, Im only getting into this craic but does that put Okla State no2 as they were No3 before last night.

ONeill

Cry Me A Rivers.

2 interceptions in the first quarter resulting in 2 TDs for the Packers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

Hello American sports fans, first time visit to this thread.
Gonna be in NYC in Dec and would love to go watch the Knicks play. What are the chances that the NBA schedule will be up and running by then - I know Nov's games all off, but know nothing about the saga.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on November 06, 2011, 11:22:34 PM
Hello American sports fans, first time visit to this thread.
Gonna be in NYC in Dec and would love to go watch the Knicks play. What are the chances that the NBA schedule will be up and running by then - I know Nov's games all off, but know nothing about the saga.
I think there is a decision due on Wednesday but I don't know if anything will be resolved this side of Xmas. The last lockout 10 years or so ago went on until February of the following year.