American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

NFL Defenses are way, way better and especially faster than college defenses. I find it hard to see Tebow being a success long term in the NFL but to be fair he won't face as good a pass rush as Detroit every week. It's going to be a roller coaster 'til the end of the season. Look - I admire the guy and hope he does well cos he seems like the kind of guy you'd like to be on the same team as but just can't see it, at QB anyway.

Minder

I also think you will see Cam Newton slowIng up as D coordinators get more film of him, they reckon he had about 12 passes at Auburn that would translate to the NFL so he has probably caught a few teams on the hop. He has really surprised me in fairness. I thought he would have had about 15 int by now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Poor start by Rivers. When was the last time he made a play?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

ONeill

Unbelievable Geoff.

2 Interceptions in the first quarter.

ONeill

Why did I stay up for this?

8-8 could win this division though.

Although Rivers has had some bad luck, he has been attempting 30 yrd bombs on the third down for three weeks now.

ONeill

21 penalties in the last 6 quarters against the Chargers.

heganboy

Quote from: stew on October 31, 2011, 01:39:44 PM

Don't tell me what I am trying to say!

your word meant helping out colleagues....

your post smacked of arrogance but to be fair, I am not that into college football but I will take the word of nationally renowned football men over yours, no offense mate!

my life smacks of arrogance according to my wife. As I have said on this board repeatedly what makes this a good discussion board is the opinions on it, and everyone has one, and I'm delighted. I get uppity when mine isn't represented (or it's not taken as gospel- my wife again) as in this case.

Tebow is ranked by many in the top 25 college players, even cracks the top 10 in a few polls but nowhere not even in Florida is he number one. Hence my pointy response.

It's funny Peyton Manning has 4 League MVP awards, but the Colts lose him for the season, and guess what- turns out Manning was actually being under rated...

In my opinion what Reggie Bush is to NFL RBs is what Tebow is to NFL QBs. I'd take Eli Manning over Tebow.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

DrinkingHarp

I said it before and I'll say it again -Tebow is not an NFL QB, he should be converted (no pun) to a TE or Fullback.

Here is an article about his recent game...........http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

A list of the top 100 College Football players, I would switch 1 with 2, Tebow makes the top 5. Tim Tebow was a great college QB but not an NFL QB.

http://www.americasbestonline.net/cfootball100.htm

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2011, 02:04:12 AM
21 penalties in the last 6 quarters against the Chargers.
Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2011, 01:20:16 AM
Why did I stay up for this?

8-8 could win this division though.

Although Rivers has had some bad luck, he has been attempting 30 yrd bombs on the third down for three weeks now.

Big time choke from the chargers, had overcome some very fussy officialdom to get back level and all they had to do was kick it over. Thank god the Pats let me down on Sunday because my bet would have been rolling on to SD and I would now be planning the death of Rivers.

LostInSpace

Anyone any idea of when the next game is likely to be played? I will definitely be goin over to it!

stew

Quote from: heganboy on November 01, 2011, 02:55:43 AM

your post smacked of arrogance but to be fair, I am not that into college football but I will take the word of nationally renowned football men over yours, no offense mate!

my life smacks of arrogance according to my wife. As I have said on this board repeatedly what makes this a good discussion board is the opinions on it, and everyone has one, and I'm delighted. I get uppity when mine isn't represented (or it's not taken as gospel- my wife again) as in this case.

Tebow is ranked by many in the top 25 college players, even cracks the top 10 in a few polls but nowhere not even in Florida is he number one. Hence my pointy response.

It's funny Peyton Manning has 4 League MVP awards, but the Colts lose him for the season, and guess what- turns out Manning was actually being under rated...

In my opinion what Reggie Bush is to NFL RBs is what Tebow is to NFL QBs. I'd take Eli Manning over Tebow.

Anyone would take Eli manning over Tebow at this stage however one is a rookie and the other is a veteran, hardly a fair comparison.

Peyton Manning is not under-rated, he is a top five qb of all time, he would have struggled with this years vintage with maybe two wins to hius credit, they are woeful.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mc_grens

Quote from: stew on November 01, 2011, 12:46:47 PM

Anyone would take Eli manning over Tebow at this stage however one is a rookie and the other is a veteran, hardly a fair comparison.

Peyton Manning is not under-rated, he is a top five qb of all time, he would have struggled with this years vintage with maybe two wins to hius credit, they are woeful.

OK. I'll take Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, or Matthew Stafford over Tebow. I totally believe coach Fox is doing this to get Tebow totally out of the franchise and it's fanbase's system. He clearly doesn't believe in him (and he's forgotten more about football than either you or I know), do he's starting him and letting the situation play itself out.

stew

Quote from: mc_grens on November 01, 2011, 01:11:53 PM
Quote from: stew on November 01, 2011, 12:46:47 PM

OK. I'll take Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, or Matthew Stafford over Tebow. I totally believe coach Fox is doing this to get Tebow totally out of the franchise and it's fanbase's system. He clearly doesn't believe in him (and he's forgotten more about football than either you or I know), do he's starting him and letting the situation play itself out.

Fix his mechanics, give him the line any of those mentioned has and see what happens.

Manning went 1-15 in his first year I believe, and i am not talking Eli here. This kid needs time and a decent line and he will be fine.

Why you would not want a kid like this on your team is beyond me bar being he is not good enough.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sammymaguire

who are playing in the big games on Thanksgiving? is that in the next couple of weeks? I always look forward to those games, the hype and furore is brilliant
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!