?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

JoG2

Quote from: shawshank on May 13, 2019, 01:43:40 PM
do some laughing at you two last posters. Rogers chb,lol, head down carrying ball down the wing, not a foot pass in him at chb lol. He got cleaned out at FB yesterday. I think he is an average county full back, but he showed no aggression yesterday. Playing Fb for the nailers he was v aggressive to 'Star', where has that gone to.

Mc Shane is a supper player, played mf on a winning U21 All Ireland team, starred at FF for Tyrone in the league in D1, yes D1, going to be one of the players of the championship for Tyrone. The only thing that I will say in Bells defence is that we don't have many good kick passers of the ball to find his runs. Tadd is another version of Mattie Donnelly. A good players yes, plenty of spirit in him, but a ball carrier, we need a footballer playing with him.  The Tyrone's ones would tell you when Donnellye was out the filed, when he got the ball not a forward made a run as he carried the ball constantly, another reason why he was moved inside during this league

Our bench isn't strong enough, that needs addressed for next season. Meenagh is doing a decent job. Tyrone in 1st gear yesterday. Brolly is right, we had lost our soul. V slowly regaining it, but our underage teams should have our own managing them.

You do realise we were playing Div 4 this year? Our prep for playing the AI finalists was against Limerick, Waterford etc?? Rogers, like most of the team had a very slow start, a couple of yards off their men, 2nd to pretty much every ball. Was actually worried that we'd get hockeyed at a stage, but fair play to the players, they showed their metal and gave Tyrone a fair test. And it was a test, as most Tyrone men will tell you. Tyrone in 1st gear, behave yourself. Our bench yesterday consisted of the likes of Mooney, E Bradley, Sammy and our former u20 Ulster winning captain.

What were you expecting yesterday btw?

Brolly's a grade A tit

shawshank

If you think Tyrone played the first 55 mins in any other than first gear, no problem, its opinions, but what gear do you think they played  in the last 12 mins. A gl &5 to a single pt. We wear out on our feet and we needed legs for the middle third, we didn't have the bench for that , where the most energy is used. However I do agree it was a decent performance. I didn't expect us to get well beaten, and it is to the players credit to have been in the game until the final 12 mins. Hopefully a few rounds in the qualifiers.

To tell you the truth there would need to be a few wins in the qualifiers to justify stopping club football for 11 weeks. No county football at u20 or senior level for the next 4 weeks. We couldn't fit two league games in, even one!!

tbrick18

Quote from: shawshank on May 13, 2019, 01:43:40 PM
do some laughing at you two last posters. Rogers chb,lol, head down carrying ball down the wing, not a foot pass in him at chb lol. He got cleaned out at FB yesterday. I think he is an average county full back, but he showed no aggression yesterday. Playing Fb for the nailers he was v aggressive to 'Star', where has that gone to.

Mc Shane is a supper player, played mf on a winning U21 All Ireland team, starred at FF for Tyrone in the league in D1, yes D1, going to be one of the players of the championship for Tyrone. The only thing that I will say in Bells defence is that we don't have many good kick passers of the ball to find his runs. Tadd is another version of Mattie Donnelly. A good players yes, plenty of spirit in him, but a ball carrier, we need a footballer playing with him.  The Tyrone's ones would tell you when Donnellye was out the filed, when he got the ball not a forward made a run as he carried the ball constantly, another reason why he was moved inside during this league

Our bench isn't strong enough, that needs addressed for next season. Meenagh is doing a decent job. Tyrone in 1st gear yesterday. Brolly is right, we had lost our soul. V slowly regaining it, but our underage teams should have our own managing them.
Rogers head down running is what set Sammy up for his point to put us in front. I was behind our keeper in the 2nd half and thought Rogers did OK on mcshane, chrissy would have been better man marking him.
Rogers will drive forward at pace and will get back again. For me, chrissy doesn't have those qualities. For me Rogers is underrated and chrissy overrated, that's not their fault though. It's just the type of players they are.

I don't think we were dead on our feet in last 10, I think Tyrone shifted up a gear in terms of intensity and we couldn't match that. There's a number of reasons for that, experience, playing div 4, a relatively new team.

Overall I was happy with the improvements made, but we're still a long way off a top 10 side. That's going to take time and we have to be patient.
It would be great to have conor glass and callum brown on that panel. Hopefully they return.

Wildweasel74

Best full bck in the county is Liam mcgoldrick but he struggled with McShane too. We need the likes of Johnson, McKinless, and Havereon, O'Brien to  add abit of bulk to the panel if they stay with it. We looked very small yesterday.That had be a first against Tyrone. Big mobile fballers like Colm Mcgoldrick and Neil McNicholl need to take up a county invite if offered a again. And McGuigan needs help up front., McWilliams still too young. I maybe the Kearneys could be looked at again if they stay with it... Give in 3yrs or so and hopefully Glass. Tohill. Brown and O McWilliams are bck bulked up with a few younger lads more developed we be nearer Div1 standard

Mountain Gael

Very good performance and very encouraging to see, Just need to get up to the same physical shape as the top teams as i feel that is a big part of the problem, a number of our players are completely of the pace, hope we can get a decent run in the qualifiers.

nrico2006

Tyrone are usually slow starters in the championship and are no great shakes at home.  Played within themselves in this game, Derry relied on the referees whistle and you had the feeling that when needed Tyrone could up it a bit to win the game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 14, 2019, 01:41:10 PM
Tyrone are usually slow starters in the championship and are no great shakes at home.  Played within themselves in this game, Derry relied on the referees whistle and you had the feeling that when needed Tyrone could up it a bit to win the game.

I'm assuming you watched the game? The absolute state of the Tyrone 'tackling' throughout. Full frontal charging, blocking runners at source, tripping. Tyrone should have been down to 14 with Cavanagh seeing the line. I'd say Enda Lynn's feet are in some state given the treatment he was getting. And Derry relied on the ref? Behave
And slow starters? How's Div 4 prep for a slow start? Youse bucks are some craic.

tooolonggg

Quote from: JoG2 on May 14, 2019, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 14, 2019, 01:41:10 PM

I'm assuming you watched the game? The absolute state of the Tyrone 'tackling' throughout. Full frontal charging, blocking runners at source, tripping. Tyrone should have been down to 14 with Cavanagh seeing the line. I'd say Enda Lynn's feet are in some state given the treatment he was getting. And Derry relied on the ref? Behave
And slow starters? How's Div 4 prep for a slow start? Youse bucks are some craic.

"Tyrone relied on the refs whistle" was the call from the Dubs supporters as little as a couple of months ago. i rolled my eyes then also ::).

BuzzKill (Version II)

Whats going on with Greenlough? I hear the players are on strike and only prepared to train but refusing to play matches (no league matches until July so not a big just yet).

All this due to committee sacking manager. Committee then go to reinstate manager to appease players but manager tells committee to f*** off. Anyone able to confirm?

NatSoSaff

Madness. What was the reason for his dismissal in the first place?

toby47

JoG2

Happy enough with that draw, could have been alot worse. A good chance to build some momentum and see where the season takes us

Estimator

Are these the only 3 C'ship encounters that we have had with Wexford or have I missed any?

2003 R1 Qualifier.

Wexford 0-9 - 3-10 Derry Wexford Park,

Wexford:
M Forde 0-5, R Barry 0-1, L O'Brien 0-1, J Hudson 0-1, J Hegarty 0-1. 
Derry:
A Tohill 1-3, E Muldoon 1-0, D Dougan 1-0, P Bradley 0-2, SM Lockhart 0-1, D Crozier 0-1, G McGonagle 0-1, J McBride 0-1, M Harney 0-1.

2004 R3 Qualifier

Derry 2-16 Wexford 2-05

SCORERS -

Derry: P Bradley 0-8 (3f), E Muldoon 1-5 (3f), D McIvor 1-0, J Donaghy, J McBride, C Gilligan 0-1 each.
Wexford: M Forde 1-4 (3f), P Colfer 1-0, J Hudson 0-1.

Derry: B Gillis; K McGuckin, N McCusker, G O'Kane; F McEldowney, P McFlynn, P Kelly; F Doherty, P Bradley; J Donaghy, J McBride, C Moran; J Bradley, P Bradley, E Muldoon. Subs: S Lockhart for Kelly, 46mins; C Gilligan for Donaghy, 51mins; D McIvor for J Bradley, 51mins; E Burke for Muldoon, 67 mins; P O'Kane for McGuckin, 67mins.

Wexford: J Cooper; P Curtis, P Wallace, N Murphy; D Breen, D Murphy, L O'Brien; P Colfer, W Carley; J Hudson, P Forde, D Fogarty; J Lawlor, R Barry, M Forde. Subs: J D'Arcy for P Forde, 30mins; K Kennedy for Hudson, h/t; D Kinsella for Carley, h/t; G Sunderland for O'Brien, 46mins; J Hegarty for Lawlor, 65 mins.

2015 R2b Qualifier.

Derry 1-19 Wexford 0-10

DERRY: T Mallon; O Duffy, C McKaigue, D McBride; L McGoldrick, B Rogers, SL McGoldrick; N Holly, F Doherty; B Heron, M Lynch, E Lynn; D Heavron, E Bradley, C O'Boyle. #

Subs: T O'Brien for Doherty (60), K McKaigue for Rogers (60), C McAtamney for Lynn (66), C Murphy for E Bradley (67).

WEXFORD: A Masterson; R Tierney, N Rossiter, J Wadding; S Donohoe, G Molloy, A Flynn (0-1); S Byrne, B Malone (own goal, 1-0); T Rossiter, B Brosnan (0-3f), K Butler; C Lyng (0-5, 0-2f), M O'Regan, K O'Grady.

Subs: J Breen for Wadding (HT), E Nolan (0-1) for Byrne (HT), C Kehoe for Malone (HT), J Tubritt for O'Grady (61), P Byrne for O'Regan (61).

Ulster League Champions 2009

toby47

Quote from: Estimator on May 28, 2019, 12:48:11 PM
Are these the only 3 C'ship encounters that we have had with Wexford or have I missed any?

2003 R1 Qualifier.

Wexford:
Derry:
A Tohill 1-3, E Muldoon 1-0, D Dougan 1-0, P Bradley 0-2, SM Lockhart 0-1, D Crozier 0-1, G McGonagle 0-1, J McBride 0-1, M Harney 0-1.

2004 R3 Qualifier

Derry 2-16 Wexford 2-05

SCORERS -

Derry: P Bradley 0-8 (3f), E Muldoon 1-5 (3f), D McIvor 1-0, J Donaghy, J McBride, C Gilligan 0-1 each.

Derry: B Gillis; K McGuckin, N McCusker, G O'Kane; F McEldowney, P McFlynn, P Kelly; F Doherty, P Bradley; J Donaghy, J McBride, C Moran; J Bradley, P Bradley, E Muldoon. Subs: S Lockhart for Kelly, 46mins; C Gilligan for Donaghy, 51mins; D McIvor for J Bradley, 51mins; E Burke for Muldoon, 67 mins; P O'Kane for McGuckin, 67mins.

Wexford: J Cooper; P Curtis, P Wallace, N Murphy; D Breen, D Murphy, L O'Brien; P Colfer, W Carley; J Hudson, P Forde, D Fogarty; J Lawlor, R Barry, M Forde. Subs: J D'Arcy for P Forde, 30mins; K Kennedy for Hudson, h/t; D Kinsella for Carley, h/t; G Sunderland for O'Brien, 46mins; J Hegarty for Lawlor, 65 mins.

2015 R2b Qualifier.

Derry 1-19 Wexford 0-10

DERRY: T Mallon; O Duffy, C McKaigue, D McBride; L McGoldrick, B Rogers, SL McGoldrick; N Holly, F Doherty; B Heron, M Lynch, E Lynn; D Heavron, E Bradley, C O'Boyle. #

Subs: T O'Brien for Doherty (60), K McKaigue for Rogers (60), C McAtamney for Lynn (66), C Murphy for E Bradley (67).

WEXFORD: A Masterson; R Tierney, N Rossiter, J Wadding; S Donohoe, G Molloy, A Flynn (0-1); S Byrne, B Malone (own goal, 1-0); T Rossiter, B Brosnan (0-3f), K Butler; C Lyng (0-5, 0-2f), M O'Regan, K O'Grady.

Subs: J Breen for Wadding (HT), E Nolan (0-1) for Byrne (HT), C Kehoe for Malone (HT), J Tubritt for O'Grady (61), P Byrne for O'Regan (61).

Scorers that day
M Lynch (0-6, 0-5f)    C O'Boyle (0-3)    B Herron (0-2, 0-1f)     D Heavron (0-1)    L McGoldrick (0-1)    C McAtamney (0-1)    E Lynn (0-1)    E Bradley (0-1f),

HiMucker

Quote from: toby47 on May 28, 2019, 02:26:01 PM
Quote from: Estimator on May 28, 2019, 12:48:11 PM

2003 R1 Qualifier.

Wexford:
Derry:

2004 R3 Qualifier

Derry 2-16 Wexford 2-05

SCORERS -

2015 R2b Qualifier.

Derry 1-19 Wexford 0-10

Scorers that day
M Lynch (0-6, 0-5f)    C O'Boyle (0-3)    B Herron (0-2, 0-1f)     D Heavron (0-1)    L McGoldrick (0-1)    C McAtamney (0-1)    E Lynn (0-1)    E Bradley (0-1f),
Who scored the other 1-03 for Derry Toby?