Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2017, 10:10:18 AM
At least Rooney is trying this last while. The legs are gone though. He tried to create spaces for shots but hadn't the power in his legs to shoot. I thought he was worth a punt at the time and certainly it was a game where Carrick was not really needed. In hindsight I guess it would have been better to play Rashford. I wouldn't slaughter Jose over it compared to some of the ridiculous sh1t he was at in Aug/Sep/Oct.

On the Rooney/Milner incident - amazed that there was only 4 minutes added with all the subs and the amount of time Milner was down for. There's no doubt Milner was trying to influence the referees choice of card (yes, Herrera did the same later with the drink driver). It's not even talked about any more....it's accepted as part of the game. Refs are having a bad season but carry on like this makes their job harder.
Wouldn't be too hard on Milner for staying down TBH, was caught high by Rooney..wouldn't class him as a lad to go down too easily too.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ballinaman on January 17, 2017, 10:14:08 AM
At least Rooney is trying this last while. The legs are gone though. He tried to create spaces for shots but hadn't the power in his legs to shoot. I thought he was worth a punt at the time and certainly it was a game where Carrick was not really needed. In hindsight I guess it would have been better to play Rashford. I wouldn't slaughter Jose over it compared to some of the ridiculous sh1t he was at in Aug/Sep/Oct.

On the Rooney/Milner incident - amazed that there was only 4 minutes added with all the subs and the amount of time Milner was down for. There's no doubt Milner was trying to influence the referees choice of card (yes, Herrera did the same later with the drink driver). It's not even talked about any more....it's accepted as part of the game. Refs are having a bad season but carry on like this makes their job harder.
Wouldn't be too hard on Milner for staying down TBH, was caught high by Rooney..wouldn't class him as a lad to go down too easily too.

I'll have to look at it again but it looked like Rooney stood on his foot to me.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2017, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 17, 2017, 10:14:08 AM

I'll have to look at it again but it looked like Rooney stood on his foot to me.
On the ankle I thought. James Milner is one of the few very honest footballers about and I would say he was hurt. If I was tackled like that I would be looking a yellow card for Rooney. Don't think it was that big of an issue.
Pogba luckier not to see Red

Maroon Manc

Should of been a free kick to United anyway, there's only one of them following the ball. Rooney has only caught Milner because Milner has committed a foul.

AZOffaly

How do you make that out MM? I can't see a foul from Milner here. At worst I see him trying to protect the ball, possibly even missing it completely. But he's in position before Rooney who is in mid lunge at that stage, and the studs are up. I thought a yellow was fair enough. It was no more than that. It wasn't a stamp or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEmTqVgkSyM

magpie seanie

I was surprised at Milner. I can't see how you'd be that badly hurt from that incident that you'd need to be down so long.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2017, 10:56:07 AM
I was surprised at Milner. I can't see how you'd be that badly hurt from that incident that you'd need to be down so long.
Suprised that he asked the Ref did he book Rooney for a tackle that caught him on the ankle with Rooneys quite substantial weight on it??

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2017, 10:51:43 AM
How do you make that out MM? I can't see a foul from Milner here. At worst I see him trying to protect the ball, possibly even missing it completely. But he's in position before Rooney who is in mid lunge at that stage, and the studs are up. I thought a yellow was fair enough. It was no more than that. It wasn't a stamp or anything.

Milner is cutting across Rooney, I don't see how he's trying to protect the ball, Milner's leg is outstretched.  At best you could claim he's trying to win the ball but even then look at the way Milner comes into the tackle, he completely misses it. If Milner's boot had connected with the ball and Rooney had made that challenge then I'd have no issue with the fat man been sent off.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: stew on January 17, 2017, 09:43:44 AM
Quote from: Gmac on January 16, 2017, 08:20:10 PM
Couple of things from yesterday's game one is Rooney looked terrible way to slow on ball and losing it constantly looks like he's done to me, Valencia is a good player but his final ball is bad a lot of the time and his lack of a left foot is killing  Utd , he ends up delivering the ball into the box most of the time and gets blocked or can't cut back to his left foot

Valencia, along with De Gea and the Albanian lad are the three best players United have this season, well, besides the big Swede that is.
DeGea hasn't been involved as much as other seasons because the United defence is now better under Jose. Valencia is ever dependable and honest footballer. One of United's best and most improved players this season has been Rojo.

Oh and try Armenian the lad.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 17, 2017, 11:07:52 AM

Milner is cutting across Rooney, I don't see how he's trying to protect the ball, Milner's leg is outstretched.  At best you could claim he's trying to win the ball but even then look at the way Milner comes into the tackle, he completely misses it. If Milner's boot had connected with the ball and Rooney had made that challenge then I'd have no issue with the fat man been sent off.

We'll have to disagree on this one so. Either Milner missed the ball, or he is trying to protect it. Either way I can't see a Milner foul at all. And I see Rooney lunging in a bit, with his studs up, and catching Milner high on the ankle.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 17, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 17, 2017, 11:07:52 AM

We'll have to disagree on this one so. Either Milner missed the ball, or he is trying to protect it. Either way I can't see a Milner foul at all. And I see Rooney lunging in a bit, with his studs up, and catching Milner high on the ankle.

We'll have too although I'm certainly on my own with this. I just don't agree that he's trying to protect the ball, he's completely mis-timed his attempt at making contact with the ball and unfortunately collided with Rooney who was stretching for the ball. 

magpie seanie

MM - you know I thought you were off your rocker but I looked at that a few times again and I think you might be right. In real time I actually thought it was a free to United but with the slow mo I only watched Rooney. AZ's point is a good argument but I think Rooney tries to toe end it past him and Milner's coming in to clean him out.

Two Hands FFS

Milner should have triple somersaulted la Phil Jones v West Ham :D

magpie seanie

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 17, 2017, 03:29:28 PM

Can you show us that video of the triple somersault please? I watched that game and I missed the triple somersault.

JoG2

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2017, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 17, 2017, 03:29:28 PM

Can you show us that video of the triple somersault please? I watched that game and I missed the triple somersault.

not quite a triple somersault but the theatrics were embarrassing...Same on Sun, bit of contact, go down screaming and clutching your shin-pad, it's part of Mourinho's philosophy, always has been