The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2017, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 15, 2017, 07:07:17 PM
Tried to watch it with a delayed result but was having heart palpitations 5 mins into the second half so had to check the score. Fair enough result but still disappointing to concede late enough, especially as it was offside.

With the standard of reffing recently thought Rooney could've got a red for his challenge on Milner. Good enough game and shows what happens when both teams come to play football.

Need to beat Chelsea now to have any chance

Come to play football?? That was terrible match!! Ball was knocked about like a div 4 game... both teams were terrified to lose

I meant both teams had at least attacking intent, the way it should be when top sides meets whether you are home or away.

The Stallion

Quote from: heganboy on January 15, 2017, 04:36:18 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on January 12, 2017, 07:33:54 PM
Not seeing "Hendo" (as some of you grown men call him) is understandable as he usually disappears when playing for Liverpool. A truly awful footballer.

Is that the player in the league with most passes, most tackles and most passes in the top third?

Not a great disappearing act really, is it?

Another anonymous Henderson performance today. Awful footballer.

AZOffaly

I thought Henderson was very effective. Can is the one I'm disappointed with at the moment, him and Firmino. They were both better today, and Liverpool in general looked to have a lot more urgency and drive at least. Henderson is quietly effective linking up play and keeping things moving. I think you are very harsh on him.

J70

Harsh? He is just fishing AZ. Probably didn't even watch the game!  ;D

J70

Disappointed to concede so late, but a draw was a fair result and we'd all have taken it beforehand, especially with the line-up. First draw at OT in what - 16 or 17 years (Berger distant free game?).

It's a shame Herrera got hold of Firmino's shirt - they were away, outnumbering United, if Firmino had got clear of him.

Need Matip and Clyde and Coutinho fit for next week and Chelsea. Mane back too would be sweet.

The Stallion

I had the misfortune to watch all of it. Utd were the better side by far. Disappointed Liverpool were so poor.

How Klopp or anyone can think Origi is a competent striker is beyond me. Still, nobody else questions Klopp.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 15, 2017, 08:26:03 PM
Disappointed to concede so late, but a draw was a fair result and we'd all have taken it beforehand, especially with the line-up. First draw at OT in what - 16 or 17 years (Berger distant free game?).

It's a shame Herrera got hold of Firmino's shirt - they were away, outnumbering United, if Firmino had got clear of him.

Need Matip and Clyde and Coutinho fit for next week and Chelsea. Mane back too would be sweet.
Senegal winning 2-0 at the moment so Mane could be gone for a good bit if they get out of their group. He also scored their first goal.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: J70 on January 15, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

That ballache was outed in the Derry forum a wee while back.  An absolute slabber best ignored

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Stallion on January 15, 2017, 08:28:54 PM
I had the misfortune to watch all of it. Utd were the better side by far. Disappointed Liverpool were so poor.

How Klopp or anyone can think Origi is a competent striker is beyond me. Still, nobody else questions Klopp.

if anyone ever doubted your ability as a wum then this post certainly sets it in concrete. And this is from me a Utd fan.

The Stallion

Which part specifically did you disagree with?

The Stallion

Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2017, 08:36:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 15, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

That ballache was outed in the Derry forum a wee while back.  An absolute slabber best ignored

Outed? What are you on about?

Good job on the ignoring by the way. Keep it up.

trileacman

Quote from: The Stallion on January 15, 2017, 08:53:44 PM

What marks you as a bullshitter is your hatred of the Liverpool players. Hating the manager I could deal with but hating as many players as you do means there's no way you could call yourself a Liverpool fan with a straight face. I mean I have no time at all for Moreno but excepting him I could make an argument for nearly every other Liverpool player in the squad.

Can was disappointing today, a whole-hearted effort alright but those mistakes are hard to take. Origi was a curates egg too. Some nice play but a slackness to his effort that marked him out as the first to be taken off. Was the first man to give up the pressing game when the legs got tired.

Thought the much maligned Lovern, Klavan and Mignolet were excellent though, shitty backpasses aside. Cut out an amount of ball and did well in my estimation.

When you look at the squad it's obvious with the exception of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino that they are technically limited footballers but yet they still try and keep it on the turf and do the right things. I admire them for that and trying to be better than the sum of their parts. Look at that Man U squad for example, they cost umpteen million and have the likes of Herrara, Rojo, Mata, Rooney, Valencia, Ibra, Martial, mikytahran and Pogba but they're limited to just thumping it up to try and get a big man to latch on to it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on January 15, 2017, 09:39:51 PM

What marks you as a bullshitter is your hatred of the Liverpool players. Hating the manager I could deal with but hating as many players as you do means there's no way you could call yourself a Liverpool fan with a straight face. I mean I have no time at all for Moreno but excepting him I could make an argument for nearly every other Liverpool player in the squad.

Can was disappointing today, a whole-hearted effort alright but those mistakes are hard to take. Origi was a curates egg too. Some nice play but a slackness to his effort that marked him out as the first to be taken off. Was the first man to give up the pressing game when the legs got tired.

Thought the much maligned Lovern, Klavan and Mignolet were excellent though, shitty backpasses aside. Cut out an amount of ball and did well in my estimation.

When you look at the squad it's obvious with the exception of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino that they are technically limited footballers but yet they still try and keep it on the turf and do the right things. I admire them for that and trying to be better than the sum of their parts. Look at that Man U squad for example, they cost umpteen million and have the likes of Herrara, Rojo, Mata, Rooney, Valencia, Ibra, Martial, mikytahran and Pogba but they're limited to just thumping it up to try and get a big man to latch on to it.
To be fair they thumped it up the field when it seemed it was th only way through!! It worked, and Utd won their last 9 games playing it along the ground
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

I don't hate any Liverpool players. In fact I have a great deal of admiration for someone like Henderson who has managed to acheive his dream of being a professional footballer despite having no discernable footballing ability. More power to him.

supersub

Quote from: The Stallion on January 15, 2017, 10:56:24 PM

I don't hate any Liverpool players. In fact I have a great deal of admiration for someone like Henderson who has managed to acheive his dream of being a professional footballer despite having no discernable footballing ability. More power to him.

Well that is obviously bullshit. You aren't a Liverpool fan, you are an idiot. Don't think I've ever seen a positive post from you on the team, manager or club. Funny that. Reported.