French Terrorist Attacks

Started by easytiger95, November 13, 2015, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: moysider on November 16, 2015, 12:40:41 AM
Quote from: stew on November 16, 2015, 12:21:11 AM
142 students killed in Kenya. Where's the international outrage?
by Kimberly Brooks | April 14, 2015 11:23 a.m.
Earlier this month, Kenya was rocked with a terror attack that left 148 people dead. Of those, 142 were students.

The brutal massacre happened April 2 at Garissa University College in the eastern part of the country close to the porous Somali border.

Members of the Islamic extremist group Al-Shabab claimed responsibility — calling it revenge for Kenyan troops fighting Somali rebels in 2011. This same group gained international attention in 2013 when they brutally killed 67 people at the Westgate Shopping Mall in Nairobi.

At Garissa, a handful of militants stormed the campus. After separating Muslims from Christians, they killed the Christians execution style.

The New York Times called it the worst terror attack against the nation since 1998 when the US embassy was bombed in the capital. Yet, many felt the atrocity did not garner as much attention as other international terrorist attacks. The frustration played out on social media with tweets like this

Terrorism theorist Max Abrahms, from Northeastern University said there is no one explanation, but thinks there is an element of racism at play.

"In the Garissa University attack, both the perpetrator and the victims are black and that may help to explain why the international community paid relatively little attention," he said. "Another explanation is I believe there is probably weak local media coverage within Kenya . We didn't actually watch in real time and that's different say than in the case of Charlie Hebdo. "

The twelve French cartoonists were mourned from every corner of the globe in January. In that very same week, hundreds were massacred in the city of Baga in Nigeria. With little attention, Nigerians used the only tool that seemed effective — a hashtag — #JeSuisNigerian.

And now Kenyans, in hopes their loved ones will never be forgotten are sharing pictures of when the victims were alive using the hashtag "#147isnotjustanumber," a reference to the initial victim count.

Since the attack, the Kenyan government vowed they will respond in the severest way possible. Last week they bombed two Al-Shabab training camps.

Hardly double standards Stew. The Kenyan government responded the same way as others have done against IS.
Of course Paris will get more attention in this part of the world. It's closer to home and we are all part of the EU.

Most of the French team v Germany were not white. I'm sure some were muslim. One of the players ( who may be a muslim) had a cousin killed elsewhere in the city. I m sure there were muslims among the dead - apart from the gunmen.
I think people are muddying the waters with this double standards tangent.

Interesting to note that most people blogging and posting about the double standards over certain tragedies dont find it ironic that they themselves couldnt even be bothered to post or blog about these other tragedies when they happened.

bennydorano

Yeah, it's oneupmanship bullshit imo, does nothing only make a mockery out of the events in Kenya, Lebanon, Syria & Iraq (& probably a lot more places that rarely get a mention - Nigeria comes to mind).

Bingo

Absolute mindless acts at the weekend. It is impossible to comprehend how someone can put themselves in a position to carry out these acts. I just can't see how they can be turned so much to believe that what they doing is just and is what was asked of them from something written thousands of years ago.

Rather than kneejerk posting on the matter, I decided to read about ISIS and their beliefs. It came from reading their statement on the bombings, which when I read it just said to me that these guys won't be stopped and even considering talking to them seems impossible as they have no interest in it.

This is the best article I read on it and it would suggest that the whole purpose is a suicide mission and that see themselves on a mission to rid the world of everyone who doesn't share their beliefs and that includes the western world, other Muslims and any other living creature. The western and modern world feeds their beliefs. They remind me of conspiracy theorists - they can cherry pick bits and pieces of what is said and done and use it to fuel their fire. Rarely do they have to prove it beyond heresay and their rhetoric carrys a huge momentum that turns their words into fact.

It a long read written well before the current attacks but gives a good view into the ISIS world. Was also reading about the background to the political situation in Syria and to say its a political hot potato would be putting it mildly.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Keyser soze

Quote from: foxcommander on November 15, 2015, 03:24:02 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 14, 2015, 03:22:59 AMThis is nothing to do with immigration.

Of course it does. Stop deluding yourself. This is the result of immigration from years ago.
The seeds of the next phase of immigration issues are being sewn right now. And the liberal idiots of Europe are waving flags welcoming them to their countries. Fools.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the irish navy boats ferried one of the paris attackers over. There's always the chance they did.

What a great idea that was.

Maybe I've got this completely wrong, but are you not an immigrant?

Keyser soze

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 15, 2015, 12:50:39 PM
9/11?
Forget for a moment that ireland and new york are closely linked, it wasnt that long ago that there were more irish born living around the city than left in ireland. Forget for a moment that we lost several of our own citizens in the attack and forget that the most famous victim was father mychal judge just one of many many irish americans to die.
9/11 was such a huge event with casualties from around 70 different countries (again not just white folk) i think its pretty to save to say that everywhere around the globe sat up and took notice.
A fairer comparison would be one of the big college campus shootings which usually does involve a lot of white affluent kids and guess what within a day noone over here could care less

WTF?  When was this? What are u smoking??

give her dixie

To make any sense of what is going on today, I would start with the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Bush and Blair went on a mission
without any clue what to do, and as we now see 12 years later, the country has been destroyed, and ultra radical nutters
are running the show in many regions. The next major mistake was the invasion of Libya, and death of Gadaffi. That country
is also now in ruins and controlled by mad militia men.

Then came the war in Syria, stirred up by dark forces in an attempt at regime change, using so called moderate rebels, instead of
a western invasion. Syria is now also in a mess as we all know. As far as i'm concerned, dark forces hold a lot of power over ISIS.
Those forces would include the USA, Israel, UK, France, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi and Qatar. They are arming, training, funding, them
and they all shoulder some of the blame for what we see happening. We only have to look on our doorstep to see how the UK
armed and controlled so many during the troubles and kept the fires flaming.

What happened in Paris was horrific. No worse than Beirut the day before, Ankara a couple of weeks ago, etc, etc, etc. The list is
ongoing, and endless. The outrage and outcry has been felt across the world. Wall to wall media coverage, and social media in
full force. Across TV and radio, experts in Islam, terrorism, and the military are all giving their views. I havn't heard any historians
on though, who could shed some light on the background to not only what has happened the past few years, but a bit of
background on the past few decades regarding the bloody role France played in North Africa. A bit of insight into who is
funding and arming ISIS would also be helpful. What is happening instead is a narrative that the only way to defeat ISIS is
full blown war against them. The sad and predictable outcome will only be more mass deaths, and thousands more fleeing
to risk their lives once again on the high seas.

I don't hold out much hope for the coming years of any kind of peace in the middle east region right now. There is way to
much money to be made from the wars been raged there. Hundreds of billions is been spent on the latest military equipment
available by the Gulf states. France, the UK and the USA been the main suppliers. Billions more are been spent on the military.
A lot of money is been spent, and there is a select group of people who are getting very very wealthy from it. Add in the oil
resources, and we're talking a lot of serious money. Control of these areas is vital, and if it takes the deaths of millions to
achieve this, then so be it. The west has no problem with killing that many, as we have seen in the past few decades.

Their lives don't matter to the west. The reaction to events in Paris confirmed that.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Esmarelda

Quote from: give her dixie on November 16, 2015, 10:47:29 AM
To make any sense of what is going on today, I would start with the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Bush and Blair went on a mission
without any clue what to do, and as we now see 12 years later, the country has been destroyed, and ultra radical nutters
are running the show in many regions. The next major mistake was the invasion of Libya, and death of Gadaffi. That country

Then came the war in Syria, stirred up by dark forces in an attempt at regime change, using so called moderate rebels, instead of
a western invasion. Syria is now also in a mess as we all know. As far as i'm concerned, dark forces hold a lot of power over ISIS.
Those forces would include the USA, Israel, UK, France, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi and Qatar. They are arming, training, funding, them
and they all shoulder some of the blame for what we see happening. We only have to look on our doorstep to see how the UK

What happened in Paris was horrific. No worse than Beirut the day before, Ankara a couple of weeks ago, etc, etc, etc. The list is
ongoing, and endless. The outrage and outcry has been felt across the world. Wall to wall media coverage, and social media in
full force. Across TV and radio, experts in Islam, terrorism, and the military are all giving their views. I havn't heard any historians on though, who could shed some light on the background to not only what has happened the past few years, but a bit on background on the past few decades regarding the bloody role France played in North Africa. A bit of insight into who is funding and arming ISIS
would also be helpful. What is happening instead is a narrative that the only way to defeat ISIS is full blown war against them. The sad and predictable outcome will only be more mass deaths, and thousands more fleeing to risk their lives once again on the high seas.

I don't hold out much hope for the coming years of any kind of peace in the middle east region right now. There is way to much money
to be made from the wars been raged there. Hundreds of billions is been spent on the latest military equipment available by the Gulf states. France, the UK and the USA been the main suppliers. Billions more are been spent on the military. A lot of money is been spent,
and there is a select group of people who are getting very very wealthy from it. Add in the oil resources, and we're talking a lot of serious money. Control of these areas is vital, and if it takes the deaths of millions to achieve this, then so be it. The west has no problem with killing that many, as we have seen in the past few decades.

Their lives don't matter to the west. The reaction to events in Paris confirmed that.
Good post give her dixie. You might find this article interesting http://russia-insider.com/en/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-us-created-isis-tool-overthrow-syrias-president-assad/ri7364

Mayo4Sam

Shocking stuff at the weekend.
Its worrying the amount of time over the weekend that I've heard that all muslims should be rounded up and shot.
Or that this is all because Europe let in Syrian refugees.

Some of these guys may have come over with these refugees but we're kidding ourselves if we think stopping these refugees will stop IS, they are a tool not a cause for this
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thebigfella

full force. Across TV and radio, experts in Islam, terrorism, and the military are all giving their views. I havn't heard any historians
on though, who could shed some light on the background to not only what has happened the past few years, but a bit of
background on the past few decades regarding the bloody role France played in North Africa. A bit of insight into who is
funding and arming ISIS would also be helpful. What is happening instead is a narrative that the only way to defeat ISIS is
full blown war against them. The sad and predictable outcome will only be more mass deaths, and thousands more fleeing

I don't hold out much hope for the coming years of any kind of peace in the middle east region right now. There is way to
much money to be made from the wars been raged there. Hundreds of billions is been spent on the latest military equipment
available by the Gulf states. France, the UK and the USA been the main suppliers. Billions more are been spent on the military.
A lot of money is been spent, and there is a select group of people who are getting very very wealthy from it. Add in the oil
resources, and we're talking a lot of serious money. Control of these areas is vital, and if it takes the deaths of millions to
achieve this, then so be it. The west has no problem with killing that many, as we have seen in the past few decades.

There has been instability in the middle east a lot longer than 2003 and you could tenuously link that to what has happened in France too. More waffle and opinion from the self appointed middle east correspondent on the board.

screenexile

Jesus Christ the internet falling over itself to give off about people showing support to France and not to Kenya. . .

Yeah because that's the bigger issue at play here. I think we can all agree that atrocities of this magnitude are abhorrent anywhere in the world but rather than misplaced anger at perceived sleights on a particular Country or creed can we not try and come together for a proper solution as to how we can deal with IS?? Surely if we can stamp them out altogether then incidents like Paris or Kenya won't happen at all!!!

It's good to see Anonymous getting involved as we have to cut off the ISIS propaganda machine and as well as that if there is any way we can cut off their cash that's bound to be a huge help!

seafoid

Great stuff, Dixie. 

IS had the goal of shifting Assad but then Hezbollah got involved And Russia followed. . It's a full on Sunni vs Shia now.
I don't think any lives matter to the arms merchants, honestly. Even French ones. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

Quote from: screenexile on November 16, 2015, 11:25:48 AM
Jesus Christ the internet falling over itself to give off about people showing support to France and not to Kenya. . .

Yeah because that's the bigger issue at play here. I think we can all agree that atrocities of this magnitude are abhorrent anywhere in the world but rather than misplaced anger at perceived sleights on a particular Country or creed can we not try and come together for a proper solution as to how we can deal with IS?? Surely if we can stamp them out altogether then incidents like Paris or Kenya won't happen at all!!!

It's good to see Anonymous getting involved as we have to cut off the ISIS propaganda machine and as well as that if there is any way we can cut off their cash that's bound to be a huge help!

They had their facebook page shut down a few hours before the attacks on Friday. It has now been restored.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/facebook-shuts-anonymous-group-exposing-isis-recruiters-hours-paris-terror-attacks/

seafoid

Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2015, 11:23:05 AM

There has been instability in the middle east a lot longer than 2003 and you could tenuously link that to what has happened in France too. More waffle and opinion from the self appointed middle east correspondent on the board.

Syria was engaged in peace talks with Israel over the golan heights in 2000.
I think 911 was the game changer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Esmarelda

Quote from: thebigfella on November 16, 2015, 11:23:05 AM

There's been instability in the middle east for hundreds of years but I think the above was an attempt to see where ISIS originated from. I thought it was fairly obvious but board members seem to be determined to have a swing at other posters regardless of what's said.
Quote from: screenexile on November 16, 2015, 11:25:48 AM

Nobody's falling over anything. People have pointed out that obsessing over on tragedy and barely acknowledging another is a bit odd. I'd say any falling over is done by those being criticised in an attempt to defend themselves.

As far as coming together to find a solution, "we" could start by the US prioritising the destruction of ISIS over the ousting of Assad and doing so by joining with Russia and the Syrian forces to do so.

give her dixie

thebigfella, i'm not a self appointed anything on here. I just happen to give my opinion, the same as anyone else.
By all means discuss anything I have to say. There is no need to get personal