French Terrorist Attacks

Started by easytiger95, November 13, 2015, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on November 14, 2015, 02:23:52 PM.

Of course the justification for the slaughter is: 'they want us all dead sadly'.

make up your own mind

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/

Puts very different spin on the multi-cultural utopia liberals have been campaigning for.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

general_lee

Quote from: foxcommander on November 15, 2015, 03:24:02 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 14, 2015, 03:22:59 AMThis is nothing to do with immigration.

Of course it does. Stop deluding yourself. This is the result of immigration from years ago.
The seeds of the next phase of immigration issues are being sewn right now. And the liberal idiots of Europe are waving flags welcoming them to their countries. Fools.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the irish navy boats ferried one of the paris attackers over. There's always the chance they did.

What a great idea that was.
Aye, real egg on their faces now, should have just left them all there in the Mediterranean to drown  ::)

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on November 15, 2015, 03:40:02 AM

Of course the justification for the slaughter is: 'they want us all dead sadly'.

make up your own mind

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/

Puts very different spin on the multi-cultural utopia liberals have been campaigning for.

Is that a f**king clan video fc? Jesus wept that has to be the most ridiculous bit of scaremongering and propaganda I've ever seen. We may just all kill ourselves now before a black/muslim does according to that shit!!

Hideous!!

omaghjoe

This is a shocking mess, the stories from survivors are chilling and horific, my heart goes out to the people killed

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

easytiger95

Quote from: foxcommander on November 15, 2015, 03:40:02 AM

make up your own mind

Breitbart - yes, the very model of unbiased reporting.

macdanger2

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2015, 01:50:24 AM
This is well worth a read as well. It hits a very uncomfortable nail bang on the head. I am certainly guilty of accusation made, namely why are we not sympathising with the innocent dead of Beirut as well?

http://stateofmind13.com/2015/11/14/from-beirut-this-is-paris-in-a-world-that-doesnt-care-about-arab-lives/

100% agree, deaths in non-western countries don't seem to count as much.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on November 14, 2015, 03:22:59 AMThis is nothing to do with immigration.

Of course it does. Stop deluding yourself. This is the result of immigration from years ago.
The seeds of the next phase of immigration issues are being sewn right now. And the liberal idiots of Europe are waving flags welcoming them to their countries. Fools.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the irish navy boats ferried one of the paris attackers over. There's always the chance they did.

Spoken by someone who has lived much of his life abroad. What do we do? Only accept immigrants from countries we like?

rrhf

Goebbels will never be allowed to die...

easytiger95

Quote from: gallsman on November 15, 2015, 11:04:54 AM

Spoken by someone who has lived much of his life abroad. What do we do? Only accept immigrants from countries we like?

Really glad Fox, that the death of 128 people and the injury of 300 others has allowed you the opportunity to proclaim that your political views have been vindicated. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 15, 2015, 10:36:16 AM
This is well worth a read as well. It hits a very uncomfortable nail bang on the head. I am certainly guilty of accusation made, namely why are we not sympathising with the innocent dead of Beirut as well?

http://stateofmind13.com/2015/11/14/from-beirut-this-is-paris-in-a-world-that-doesnt-care-about-arab-lives/

At least you have the decency not to bring colour and religion into it because the usual tirade is why do only white deaths count ignoring the fact that just like the london bus bombings the victims will be from all races and religions. Now for the reality - of course a tragedy in a city many of us have been to and know well and only a few hundred miles away is of more interest to us than any of the numerous events happening in cities we havent been to and dont know thousands of miles away. Does that make it right? No but thats how it is. Im sure afghan villagers are more concerned about an attack in another local village than Paris maybe the righteous here shoukd have words with those selfish people too. I guess the next time RTE report a road traffic accident in Donegal they should bury it amongst all the other global traffic accidents after all they are no lesser a tragedy.

easytiger95

Agree with the gist of that Johnny, and it is a fact that the terrorists play on. it is also a fact that the attacks in Beirut and Turkey earlier this year were by bomb - a lot easier to plan and organise than a multi faceted attack like Paris.

Again the target is those left alive rather than those killed. Random rifle and suicide bomb attacks are less efficient in casualty rate and rate of attrition on the attackers themselves. But it allows the terrorists fashion and control a narrative of horror. the idea of being hunted down and executed, one by one, is more terrifying to our minds than the bright flash and oblivion of a bomb attack.

seafoid

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 15, 2015, 12:36:22 AM
Quote from: moysider on November 14, 2015, 10:49:59 PM
Of course things are still unclear.
But I was a bit taken aback here with hints that some people thought that Syrian passports were 'found' as an excuse to take the fight to Syria.
No need for an excuse surely. This is about IS. IS has a foothold in Syria and unless they are eliminated there, they will continue to exercise their influence elsewhere. Take them out in Syria and the lesser cells outside the core will be quickly mopped up.
I would certainly ask what would be gained putting western troops into ISIS controlled lands in the Middle East at present? At the current stage, Islamic fundamentalism won't be defeated unless you really kill the root - and the root of that are some Arabic states like Saudi Arabia & Qatar providing funding directly or indirectly to the likes of ISIS in an effort to exert their denomination/reading of Islam at the expense of others in their region and beyond e.g. Shi'ite's, non-complying Sunni's. What do you do about the likes of Libya, Nigeria & Somalia where fundamentalist Islamic groups have themselves pledged allegiance to ISIS ideology? How do you tackle them spreading their message via the internet to impressionable young muslim men and women in 1st world countries who then go to such places to train like the 7/7 London bombers did? I'd say that you need to tackle the problems closer to home first before you commit any European soldiers to Syria or Iraq right now lest you end up being ISIS' best recruitment agent in your own back yard.

Funding Sufi schools would be one way to counter Saudi style Wahabbism which is such a miserable ideology. The Saudis pump hundreds of millions into madrassas (traditional Islamic schools)  to spread Wahhabi ideals and nothing is done to counter it. Most Muslim traditions are tolerant and live and let live but Wahhabism is pure nihilism.

seafoid

I think this problem has been building up for a LONG time and that it won't be given to easy answers.

The Middle East is in crisis and that a group like IS has been able to thrive is testament to this. A bit like Limerick and the drug
gangs with their penchant for violence. It doesn't happen overnight .

The region needs intense attention. Conferences with local players and all the major world powers. Bring in India and Brazil, not just the UN 5.
Huge issues like  emigration and violence are linked to source issues like population growth, the lack of jobs, inefficient governance etc.
If left to fester things are just going to get worse. The old chestnut of Israeli occupation would also have to be part of the solution.

The Levant (Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria) could have great potential if a coherent policy could be developed.
Also a mention for Tony Blair - what a spectacular clusterfuck the Iraq war was.

Esmarelda

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 15, 2015, 11:37:52 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 15, 2015, 10:36:16 AM

At least you have the decency not to bring colour and religion into it because the usual tirade is why do only white deaths count ignoring the fact that just like the london bus bombings the victims will be from all races and religions. Now for the reality - of course a tragedy in a city many of us have been to and know well and only a few hundred miles away is of more interest to us than any of the numerous events happening in cities we havent been to and dont know thousands of miles away. Does that make it right? No but thats how it is. Im sure afghan villagers are more concerned about an attack in another local village than Paris maybe the righteous here shoukd have words with those selfish people too. I guess the next time RTE report a road traffic accident in Donegal they should bury it amongst all the other global traffic accidents after all they are no lesser a tragedy.
I don't think that quite stacks up. After 9/11 we had a day of mourning I think. New York is nowhere near us so I think it suggests that we sympathise more with people we can identify with and I'm afraid the common denominator is white, relatively affluent people.