French Terrorist Attacks

Started by easytiger95, November 13, 2015, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2015, 09:52:03 AM
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/12/islamic-state-atrocities-fuelled-by-decades-of-reckless-arms-trading/
good man.
The great mystery is why the Iraqi army defending Mosul ran away
ISIS also got all the money in Mosul's banks.

I am reading Bloodlands at the moment. The barbarism of ISIS is nothing compared to what went on on the Eastern Front between the Nazis and the Soviets.  The Nazis would shoot maybe 1000 Jews in a town and get say 50 Jews to gather the bodies onto pyres for burning and then shoot the 50 when the work was done. Europe has nothing to say to anyone.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on December 08, 2015, 11:34:24 AM
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2015/12/islamic-state-atrocities-fuelled-by-decades-of-reckless-arms-trading/
good man.

I am reading Bloodlands at the moment. The barbarism of ISIS is nothing compared to what went on on the Eastern Front between the Nazis and the Soviets.  The Nazis would shoot maybe 1000 Jews in a town and get say 50 Jews to gather the bodies onto pyres for burning and then shoot the 50 when the work was done. Europe has nothing to say to anyone.

That is absolutely horrific, but I am not accepting any blame for that, nor should most Europeans.

Equally wrt to the States in Iraq.

Thanks to Fiasco The American Military Adventure in Iraq by Thomas E. Ricks, it lazy to just blame the US. We know that senior  US military figures warned the Bush Administration on many issues in advance of going into Iraq. They accurately predicted the insurgency. If anything they may have underestimated it, saying it would go on for at least a decade. It now looks like it will go on a lot longer. But they certainly warned Cheney & Co, who took no heed.

TO reduce the risk of insurgency they warned that securing Hussein's arms depots must be a top priority after Hussein fell. Cheney and co instructed the military that securing the oil infrastructure was the absolute priority. Thus the munitions of Hussein's military easily fell into the wrong hands putting the lives of US soldiers at risk, in the short term, and now putting the lives of anyone associated with the area at risk.

The article above is interesting but it doesn't go into too much detail. Blaming the States is fine, but you need to know who to blame. IMHO it was 100% the poor planning and self-serving decision making of the Neo-Cons. And that is being generous. The senior military figures were spot on with their analysis, before the war, but it was rejected.

But of course the big issue for Neo-Cons, is Hilary's emails.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 08, 2015, 12:10:00 PM
good man.

That is absolutely horrific, but I am not accepting any blame for that, nor should most Europeans.

Thanks to Fiasco The American Military Adventure in Iraq by Thomas E. Ricks, it lazy to just blame the US. We know that senior  US military figures warned the Bush Administration on many issues in advance of going into Iraq. They accurately predicted the insurgency. If anything they may have underestimated it, saying it would go on for at least a decade. It now looks like it will go on a lot longer. But they certainly warned Cheney & Co, who took no heed.

TO reduce the risk of insurgency they warned that securing Hussein's arms depots must be a top priority after Hussein fell. Cheney and co instructed the military that securing the oil infrastructure was the absolute priority. Thus the munitions of Hussein's military easily fell into the wrong hands putting the lives of US soldiers at risk, in the short term, and now putting the lives of anyone associated with the area at risk.

The article above is interesting but it doesn't go into too much detail. Blaming the States is fine, but you need to know who to blame. IMHO it was 100% the poor planning and self-serving decision making of the Neo-Cons. And that is being generous. The senior military figures were spot on with their analysis, before the war, but it was rejected.

The big issue for neo cons is the safety and security of the American people both home and abroad, Hillary doesnt give a shite about the American military nor the police forces around the country and she should be pulled on her emails. The liberals in this country want to take in refugees even though they cannot be vetted properly at this time, that is dangerous in the extreme.

By the way, what are 30 year old Syrian males doing  all over Europe, if it was the brits doing that to us we would be returning in droves to fight the bastards not going to other countries to live.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

I quite fancy going to Disneyland. When I make it there by whatever means possible i'll just inform the park that I intend to stay there permanently and they are going to foot the bill for everything I want. Then I'll demand that my family can come over and they can foot the bill for them too.

I demand internet that is not slow, good food, top notch accomodation, top of the range mobile phone and money to spend for cigarettes/alcohol/whatever I want.

Hopefully I'll be able to guilt trip them into giving me all my demands.
I think it's a cracking plan.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 08, 2015, 05:24:59 PM
good man.

The big issue for neo cons is the safety and security of the American people both home and abroad, Hillary doesnt give a shite about the American military nor the police forces around the country and she should be pulled on her emails. The liberals in this country want to take in refugees even though they cannot be vetted properly at this time, that is dangerous in the extreme.

By the way, what are 30 year old Syrian males doing  all over Europe, if it was the brits doing that to us we would be returning in droves to fight the b**tards not going to other countries to live.

That is the funniest comment of the year, if not the history of the board.  ;D

I presume you weren't serious.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

good man.

By the way, what are 30 year old Syrian males doing  all over Europe, if it was the brits doing that to us we would be returning in droves to fight the b**tards not going to other countries to live.
"The american people", except when they are shot at home because the NRA is untouchable.
Working class Americans are killing themselves in record numbers and the neocons could care less.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2015/10/29/1518393112.full.pdf?sid=c9772399-e254-46a8-9da6-33b3fdf014dd

LeoMc

good man.

So how is life in the US?