Lockerbie Bomber Freed

Started by umgolaarmagh, August 20, 2009, 03:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I was watching the news  there and Gordon Brown was on saying his administration had nothing to do with the release from prison - yeh right Gordon. He then proceeded to share his commitment to "rooting out" terrorists around the world. He announced this at a press conference with his guest Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu, who I am sure could help him root out terrorists like Ariel Sharon with little difficulty.

give her dixie

It was a bit rich for Gordon Brown to be talking about terrorism when he was standing beside one the worlds leading terrorists. I wonder if Gordon asked him about the 1400 people they murdered earlier in the year?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

orangeman

Quote from: Minder on August 21, 2009, 03:04:33 PM
Quote from: nifan on August 21, 2009, 01:55:22 PM
Did libya not take responsibility for the bombing several years ago?

They did and paid each family of the deceased $8m

I didn't realise it was $8m each. Shows how much money the Libyans actually have and probably is part of the reason why the UK wants to be as friendly as possible without rubbing the USA's noses in it.

Aerlik

Quote from: EC Unique on August 20, 2009, 05:49:52 PM
Not long before the attack the yanks shot down an Iranian airliner full of civilians mistaking it for a fighter plane. Widely suspected that the Iranians did this and yer man is a skape-goat!

I remember reading something along those lines back then, too.  In my opinion, the US is trying to shore up its European, South, South East, and East Asian (aka Japan and Taiwan) defences to protect itself from an increasingly powerful Russia and China.  I was talking to a fella who flies Geological survey planes in Mongolia and he was saying there are several years of work for them in Mongolia alone.  Kazakhstan is known to have many years' supply of oil as well.

Africa is the next battleground as Russia and China seek new alliances and that will scare the crap out of the US and the Europeans. 

Just a thought.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!