Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Niall McParland is a fine player, who has been excellent for Glenn and looked the part for St Mary's in 2016. However, he has been unlucky with injuries at county level since he had to be replaced early on against Mayo at Croke Park in the 2012 AI quarter final.  Having barely featured for Down over the last five years, he would need to be flying in training if he is to start on Sunday. He still has the ability to make an impact at half back or midfield, especially if as suspected we have a few people struggling for fitness.

SamFever

Just saw that Down is laying on Park/Ride from Burren and one from St Pauls via Newry Train Station.Who is paying for this and who really will use either of these? Turn up early and have a brisk walk to the ground.

snoopdog

Quote from: SamFever on May 31, 2017, 10:17:00 PM
  Just saw that Down is laying on Park/Ride from Burren and one from St Pauls via Newry Train Station.Who is paying for this and who really will use either of these? Turn up early and have a brisk walk to the ground.
No parking near the ground supposedly. It's a good idea for those that can avail of it. Is it still a pound to park in the quays

OgraAnDun

Quote from: snoopdog on May 31, 2017, 10:36:30 PM
No parking near the ground supposedly. It's a good idea for those that can avail of it. Is it still a pound to park in the quays

I think I saw the Buttercrane advertising free parking for anyone with a match ticket.

Targetman

Anthony Docherty from RGU starting at full back on Sunday, exclusive!!

Smurfy123

You are about a day late targetman
Yesterday's news
Big call all the same

Targetman

And not a word of it on here!! I agree its a big call Gerard Mc Govern has been steady enough throughout the league, I'd still have him in the team maybe at no 6 at the expense of his club mate

snoopdog

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 31, 2017, 10:51:52 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on May 31, 2017, 10:36:30 PM

I think I saw the Buttercrane advertising free parking for anyone with a match ticket.
Great I will try there so.

OgraAnDun

They posted this earlier on Facebook:

Whether you are supporting Official Down GAA or Armagh GAA this weekend you will love to hear we are offering FREE PARKING on Sunday!

Just come along and show your ticket, match programme or jersey to a parking official on mall and park FREE with us! Come along and get a bite to eat, cool drink and maybe a bit of retail therapy to calm the nerves before throw in!

#UlsterChampionshio #GAA

SHEEDY

something to get the juices flowing for sunday...great memories.

https://youtu.be/7dsY8QUxFLk
nil satis nisi optimum

amallon

Can you still pay at the gate on Sunday?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Smurfy123

Team for Sunday
Cunningham
Doherty
McGovern
O Hagen
O Hanlon
McGovern
Mooney
McKernan
Donnelly
Murphy
Maginn
Millar
Harrison
J Johnstone
O Hagen

Hard to work that team out.
Murphy and Millar to drop back into defence with Harrison coming out to the 40 with the other 2 up top.
It is a risky selection hopefully it pays off
Poland
Johnstone
Turley(must be injured)
Carr
Dornan
To come off the bench
I would have liked the first 2 to start

Ed Hardy

Shocked at the Down team announced, nowhere near the our strongest team!

Targetman

A few surprises in the starting 15, Harrison hasn't played any league matches so he must be doing something special in training, Donnelly's another who wouldn't have been expected to start but he's a physical presence around the middle that we will need, Doherty is a debutant that I've never seen play so it's a big chance for him, hope he's up to it, not starting Ryan Johnston is strange because no doubt he'll be on at some stage

5 Sams

Result of the night..An Ríocht beating Kilcoo!!!. Harps comfortable 2 points again V RGU playing some lovely football.
The Aristocrat Years