Stop Extradition to Brit courts in Lithuania

Started by amallon, April 17, 2009, 10:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Has anyone any clue what these signs saying "Stop Extradition to Brit courts in Lithuania" are about?  There are two signs on the Newry - Dundalk M1
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Donagh

Quote from: amallon on April 17, 2009, 10:49:29 AM
Has anyone any clue what these signs saying "Stop Extradition to Brit courts in Lithuania" are about?  There are two signs on the Newry - Dundalk M1

Not sure of the "Brit courts" connection but I know Liam Campbell is fighting extradition to Lithuania where his brother was arrested after an MI5 tip-off said he was there to buy weapons (he says he was there to buy fags).

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on April 17, 2009, 12:24:36 PM

Not sure of the "Brit courts" connection but I know Liam Campbell is fighting extradition to Lithuania where his brother was arrested after an MI5 tip-off said he was there to buy weapons (he says he was there to buy fags).
Aye, right.

Could he not have claimed he was "Bird Watching", or have the Provos copyrighted that one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15388614

21 October 2011 Last updated at 11:34

Real IRA's Michael Campbell found guilty after MI5 sting

An Irish man accused of involvement in weapons smuggling for the Real IRA in Lithuania has been found guilty and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Michael Campbell, 39, from County Louth was caught in an MI5 weapons sting operation in 2008.

He was convicted of supporting a terrorist group, illegal possession of weapons and attempted smuggling.

He denied the charges against him, saying MI5 had set him up and claiming he was a victim of entrapment.

His two-year trial in Vilnius began in August 2009.

Campbell was secretly filmed test-firing weapons in the Lithuanian countryside, and some of his private conversations were bugged.

In a secretly-recorded conversation, he was overheard talking about planting bombs in London.

He said he wanted weapons for use against "Brits".

Northern Ireland Secretary of State Owen Paterson welcomed the conviction.

"This is another excellent example of what can come from the high levels of co-operation between countries across Europe and beyond in combating terrorism," he said.

"I have no doubt that this will have dealt a blow to RIRA, but we are not complacent and we remain determined to do all that we can to bear down on those who are the enemies of the whole community throughout the United Kingdom."

Ceasefire
Campbell was convicted of supporting a terrorist group, illegal possession of weapons and attempted smuggling
The Lithuanians also suspect Campbell's older brother, Liam, of involvement in the gun-smuggling plot.

He is alleged to have been a senior member of the Real IRA and was one of four men found liable for the 1998 Omagh bombing. The civil case was taken by the families of some of the 29 people killed in the attack.

The Lithuanian authorities are trying to extradite Liam Campbell from Belfast, along with Brendan McGuigan, 30, from Omeath in the Republic of Ireland.

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Ya some sc**bag caught trying to buy weapons to bring back to Ireland to kill people with.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Ulick

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 21, 2011, 05:02:47 PM
Has anyone any clue what these signs saying "Stop Extradition to Brit courts in Lithuania" are about?  There are two signs on the
Newry - Dundalk M1

Ya some sc**bag caught trying to buy weapons to bring back to Ireland to kill people with.

Can you not read?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Ulick on October 21, 2011, 05:13:19 PM
Has anyone any clue what these signs saying "Stop Extradition to Brit courts in Lithuania" are about?  There are two signs on the
Newry - Dundalk M1

Can you not read?

Did I say, he was going to kill people in Ireland, did I. Seriously Ulick you would be defensive about a dungbeetle if it had some kind of connection to the cause.

Ulick

Ok put it like this, do you think they are going to send him back here so they can request his extradition back to Lithuania again?

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on October 21, 2011, 05:13:19 PM
Newry - Dundalk M1

Can you not read?
Both MGHU and I can read.

And we can both discern that there are no "Brit courts" [sic] in Lithuania.

Perhaps the problem lies with illiterate c u n t s who can't write slogans?

Speaking of which, I wonder could the author of the first reply to the OP enlighten us further? 

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Trout

Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

dec

Quote from: Donagh on April 17, 2009, 12:24:36 PM

Testing out the fags before he bought them.

Forever Green

f**king hell, you`s crowd are boring. Same shite over and over

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Forever Green on October 21, 2011, 06:51:20 PM
f**king hell, you`s crowd are boring. Same shite over and over

If you think this is bad, you should see the arguments over Ballaghadereen and Charlestown/Bellaghy  ;D