Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 11, 2013, 09:44:19 AM
Hi Folks

Apologies for my technical ignorance.

I have made a movie on WMM 6.0 but when I try to burn to DVD it states that there is not enough space. The movie is 2hr 3 mins, and when I save to computer it is 2.46GB.

The DVDs that I am using are 8.5GB and are DVD+R DL, and show a capacity for 240 mins.

I am trying to burn using windows DVD maker.

Any tips on how to get it to fit?

I struggled with something similar last year but for the life of me I don't remember the program that I downloaded. Basically you need something other than the windows DVD maker. Something that will "scale" your file appropriately. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about will be along shortly.  ???

BenDover

what about convert x to dvd software

CD

Quote from: StephenC on November 11, 2013, 11:51:45 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 11, 2013, 09:44:19 AM
Hi Folks

Apologies for my technical ignorance.

I have made a movie on WMM 6.0 but when I try to burn to DVD it states that there is not enough space. The movie is 2hr 3 mins, and when I save to computer it is 2.46GB.

The DVDs that I am using are 8.5GB and are DVD+R DL, and show a capacity for 240 mins.

I am trying to burn using windows DVD maker.

Any tips on how to get it to fit?

I struggled with something similar last year but for the life of me I don't remember the program that I downloaded. Basically you need something other than the windows DVD maker. Something that will "scale" your file appropriately. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about will be along shortly.  ???

Download Bitlord http://www.bitlord.com/
Go to search web - download a version of Nero - it's excellent for creating, burning and editing movies and music.

Or, legally, you could buy a version of Nero
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nero-11-Multimedia-Suite-PC/dp/B005LBAGKW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384175770&sr=8-3&keywords=nero+10
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Norf Tyrone

Thanks lads.

Trying something diff here, but if it doesn't work will download buy Nero.

Ta
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Low disk space on computer, how can I simply clear this up or is the computer banjaxed!! So many different functions I can't perform on the computer ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2013, 02:34:51 PM
Low disk space on computer, how can I simply clear this up or is the computer banjaxed!! So many different functions I can't perform on the computer ffs

No your computer isn't banajxed, unnecessary programs, do you have large amount of videos or music stored?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DennistheMenace on December 17, 2013, 02:38:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2013, 02:34:51 PM

No your computer isn't banajxed, unnecessary programs, do you have large amount of videos or music stored?

Would have a load of photos some music, I'll save them on usb? would have no videos
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Hard drive on the PC has given up the ghost it seems, tried it in one of those cradle things and it didn't come up as a drive on a different PC.

I think I'm fecked, but is there any other way of getting the data off an IDE drive that anyone knows about?

Milltown Row2

Having serious problems with 'low disc space' which is slowing up computer to the point I can't even print off things or even open up spreadsheets ffs! I'm shit at computers so if you could show me step by step a way of reducing this I'd be a happier man!!

Tried a few things nothing works

amallon

Milltown - I'd try to free up 3mb of space from somewhere to allow you to install ccleaner from http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Run CCleaner and it should free up a load of space from temporary internet files, memory dumps, temporary files, etc..  This might be enough to get you going.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

armaghniac

I use Wise disk cleaner
www.wisecleaner.com/wisediskcleanerfree.htm

it gets rid of lot of junk.

If only I had one for the house and office as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 29, 2014, 01:41:56 PM
I use Wise disk cleaner
www.wisecleaner.com/wisediskcleanerfree.htm

it gets rid of lot of junk.

If only I had one for the house and office as well.

Aye tried to use it but need space to put it on, and I also need space to take off programs ffs! Error's come up when trying to unistall things too  >:(. The only thing that works well is the Gaa board lol

amallon

Are you sure its disk space its complaining about and not virtual memory?  Go into computer, right click on you C Drive and click properties.  In there it will tell you the capacity of your drive and how much is free.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: amallon on January 29, 2014, 03:36:51 PM
Are you sure its disk space its complaining about and not virtual memory?  Go into computer, right click on you C Drive and click properties.  In there it will tell you the capacity of your drive and how much is free.

149GB used and none free!!

bigfrank

Problem with my HP laptop,yesterday when i turned it on and went to use it the screen was all blurry when the screen was open say approx 90 degrees,when i opened it and closed it slowly the screen flickered and when it was open about 30 degrees,which is hardly ideal the screen was back to normal but when it opened it to normal viewing angle it was all blurry and nearly impossible to see,after an hour or so and some slight movements it cleared and was workin ok...could a knock or dust or something caused it?