All Ireland tickets

Started by ck, September 18, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 01:18:10 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on September 19, 2012, 01:16:06 PM
Did everyone see these tickets that have been sold for 460?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2-All-Ireland-Football-Final-Tickets-Donegal-v-Mayo-/170911639741?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27cb20a8bd#ht_500wt_1203

When you could click on the pic one of them said Antrim Treasurer on the stub.

Antrim have cancelled those tickets, so they are worthless. See the other thread about the final.

Ah hadn't seen it, must get a look.

mayo.mick

I'm a season ticket holder for the last 4 years, my 2 All Ireland Football Final tickets arrived in the post LAST FRIDAY MORNING Delighted.
Am also a member of local club (not involved day to day) did not go looking to club for ticket. The club decided not to include members that have season tickets in draw for tickets (which i totally agree with, and think is fair) A lot of lads not happy, and demanding tickets even though there're sorted, pure greed!
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Capt Pat

You have no soul Ballymac. Nobody deserves the tickets more than those who go to every match to cheer on the team imho. They also put a lot of money and effort into supporting the team . This is their event too and they deserve recognition. Your all the dignitaries and sponsors deserve the ticket speech is very shallow.

HQ needs to distribute more tickets to the counties taking part to help alleviate this annual mess.

Quote from: ballymac on September 19, 2012, 01:02:52 PM
Something that those who are busy trying to get their hands on tickets won't appreciate, but the current system isn't that bad. The only thing that I would say is that the teams in the final should be given more of an initial allocation.

Look at how and where the GAA are trying to allocate the tickets to. This is the show piece that everyone wants to get to, and if you are a member of a club, and more so, an active member of that club, then you will probably be rewarded with a ticket. However, people who claim to be the county's best fan going with the family to every challenge game, NL ETC does not entitle you to a ticket. Is that fair? I'd say it is.

The county team is supported by the clubs of that county and the volunteers who support the clubs (coaches, committee members, sandwich makers etc ) should be given first refusal. The 'money men' will be looked after through sponsors 10yr tickets etc and the touts (no one should buy a ticket of a tout). The system works, everyone knows how the system works so work the system.
If I was a Donegal supporter I would be making my way to the local club and joining with a view to becoming an active member to ensure that I get my ticket for the coming all irelands that surely they are going to compete in.

You see if people do that the clubs will become stronger, better supported so that the county team can be supported and become stronger, and you think the current system is flawed, HQ DOESN'T.

That's only my opinion and is worth what you paid for it!  :D

J OGorman

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 19, 2012, 01:16:06 PM
Did everyone see these tickets that have been sold for 460?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/x2-All-Ireland-Football-Final-Tickets-Donegal-v-Mayo-/170911639741?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item27cb20a8bd#ht_500wt_1203

When you could click on the pic one of them said Antrim Treasurer on the stub.

unreal..get them cancelled Antrim CB !

AZOffaly

johnneycool

Good, that means that some greedy hoor who'd thought they'd make a bit of a killing has shelled out €160 for two meaningless pieces of paper.

culchie11

Anyone on Antrim county management committee gets 4 tickets each! Yes each!

My club got 5 tickets in total!

Grassroots eh!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on September 19, 2012, 02:02:48 PM
Good, that means that some greedy hoor who'd thought they'd make a bit of a killing has shelled out €160 for two meaningless pieces of paper.

Unless some other poor hoor has bought them off him at this stage and won't know he's screwed until he tries to get into Croker.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 02:25:41 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 19, 2012, 02:02:48 PM

Unless some other poor hoor has bought them off him at this stage and won't know he's screwed until he tries to get into Croker.

Would they still be on ebay if they were bought?

Don't know enough about that ebay.

AZOffaly

No, but there's nothing on eBay to say they are cancelled I think? How would you know if you bought them?

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 02:42:30 PM
No, but there's nothing on eBay to say they are cancelled I think? How would you know if you bought them?

Sold at 11:48am so the buyer wouldn't know they were cancelled I suspect!

FermGael

The person who bid on them has zero feedback.
Good luck getting the money for them  ;) ;)
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

larry buaile

Check out the feedback on the bird selling them.

She has to feed her eBay habit somehow!

ballymac

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 19, 2012, 01:42:21 PM
You have no soul Ballymac. Nobody deserves the tickets more than those who go to every match to cheer on the team imho. They also put a lot of money and effort into supporting the team . This is their event too and they deserve recognition. Your all the dignitaries and sponsors deserve the ticket speech is very shallow.

HQ needs to distribute more tickets to the counties taking part to help alleviate this annual mess.

I VE LOTS OF SOUL. Just because you follow the county team doesnt grant you a ticket, thats the system. Sorry if I mislead you ref sponsors and dignitaries, I didnt say they deserved the tickets, just they will be looked after, that's the way of the world. Some people give their time, some give their money and the rare few give both. All these people are catered for in this system. Its the system I 'm talking about and as I said if I were a Donegal supporter I would be working the system.

I agreed with you reference more initial allocation (check my quote) but I disagree with following county team entitles you to the same as the grass root club man. More often than not they are the one and the same but to those that do not support the club they should not be rewarded. This is the essence of the GAA. Its not a perfect world and not a perfect system, but everyone knows how it works and there is no sense griping about not getting a ticket if you are not a club member.