The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 10, 2014, 07:59:30 PM

How big does a business have to be before it is considered "big" business ?

As a guide if an entity has more than $500M in cash or cash equivalents on hand then it usually qualifies as "wealthy" or if it is a business, then it could be viewed a big business..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2014, 08:03:24 PM
How are the GOP going to attract more female and latino voters in 2016 ? Mid terms will mean nothing if they lose 3 in a row.

great question.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/how-the-womens-vote-failed-save-the-democrats

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/11/10/5-takeaways-about-the-2014-latino-vote/

I would tend to agree with both of these interpretations

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: heganboy on November 10, 2014, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 10, 2014, 07:59:30 PM

How big does a business have to be before it is considered "big" business ?

As a guide if an entity has more than $500M in cash or cash equivalents on hand then it usually qualifies as "wealthy" or if it is a business, then it could be viewed a big business..

Thanks.

If a tech business with, say,  $400 million in cash at hand,  were to leverage the fact that it provides jobs in a small country to steer more government funding toward graduate research in their field of interest ...would that be a "good" thing or a "bad" thing ?

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2014, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2014, 05:13:26 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 10, 2014, 04:50:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2014, 04:41:14 PM
No different to the MSM whitewashing the Rev Wright story in order to get Obama elected.  Media both left and right is extremely biased and long ago gave up reporting news. They view their role as creating he narrative and framing the paradigm for whatever agenda they have

Bollocks, and your they're-both-equally-as-bad bullshit isn't fooling anyone.

Yes you Nazi-loving pedo Whitey!

Correction: May in fact be someone else.
How do you know when your losing an argument.....you start insulting people

BTW....what delights me more than anything is that the Democrats have been
pulling this shit for decades.....now that the Republicans are beating them at their own game they are apoplectic with righteous indignation.  Long may it continue

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You fell for it completely. Just as J70 suggested.

Did you not see my correction;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

As a centrist democrat and Obama supporter I would vehemently disagree with many of Whitey's positions however it is sad that the usual cabal of US haters are taking their ire out on him.

Mike Sheehy

How are the GOP going to attract more female and latino voters in 2016 ? Mid terms will mean nothing if they lose 3 in a row.

good question. One thing they will probably do to attract female voters is avoid making comments like these on the internet...

Comments From mondoweiss.com
Quoteseafoid says:   

March 3, 2014 at 4:42 pm   

I bet Scarlett has her own mikvah to get rid of all those menstrual impurities.

seafoid says:   

March 3, 2014 at 12:47 pm   

Did Scarlett strip down to her undies and lick a map of Israel at AIPAC ? Or am I confusing her with Miley? I often get my slappers mixed up .
(background: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/scarlet-johansson-has-no-regrets-quitting-oxfam-for-sodastream-ad-campaign-9195715.html)

its a bitch when the face one presents on one forum contradicts what one says on another forum isn't it ?

J70

Enact immigration reform.

And then we woke up!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 10, 2014, 09:08:12 PM

good question. One thing they will probably do to attract female voters is avoid making comments like these on the internet...

Comments From mondoweiss.com
Quoteseafoid says:   

March 3, 2014 at 4:42 pm   

I bet Scarlett has her own mikvah to get rid of all those menstrual impurities.

seafoid says:   

March 3, 2014 at 12:47 pm   

Did Scarlett strip down to her undies and lick a map of Israel at AIPAC ? Or am I confusing her with Miley? I often get my slappers mixed up .
(background: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/scarlet-johansson-has-no-regrets-quitting-oxfam-for-sodastream-ad-campaign-9195715.html)

its a bitch when the face one presents on one forum contradicts what one says on another forum isn't it ?

Silence.

Apparently Women voters only count when they are not Jewish sympathizing harridans that go against a certain world view.

I wonder what Muppets view is on this ? 

muppet

I have to laugh at Sheehy in fairness.

He has posted a few times now that he is not only a Democrat, but actually an Obama supporter!  :D :D :D :D

Hilarious stuff.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2014, 08:40:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2014, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2014, 05:13:26 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 10, 2014, 04:50:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2014, 04:41:14 PM
No different to the MSM whitewashing the Rev Wright story in order to get Obama elected.  Media both left and right is extremely biased and long ago gave up reporting news. They view their role as creating he narrative and framing the paradigm for whatever agenda they have

Bollocks, and your they're-both-equally-as-bad bullshit isn't fooling anyone.

Yes you Nazi-loving pedo Whitey!

Correction: May in fact be someone else.
How do you know when your losing an argument.....you start insulting people

BTW....what delights me more than anything is that the Democrats have been
pulling this shit for decades.....now that the Republicans are beating them at their own game they are apoplectic with righteous indignation.  Long may it continue

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You fell for it completely. Just as J70 suggested.

Did you not see my correction;D ;D ;D

LOL....I thought you had gone completely off the deep end.

I was on a mobile phone yesterday and you'd need an atomic microscope to be able to read that red writing at the bottom of your post

seafoid

Whitey

Who do you think the GOP will pick to go in 2016?
If they could silence the tea party crowd they might have a chance but they'll have
to have some way of getting women and Latinos on board. 

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2014, 01:06:10 PM
Whitey

Who do you think the GOP will pick to go in 2016?
If they could silence the tea party crowd they might have a chance but they'll have
to have some way of getting women and Latinos on board.

Thats a hard one....because candidates from both parties need to go to the fringes to get through their primaries. 

(Just a couple of weeks ago at a joint Elizabeth Warren event, Hillary said that "corporations didn't create jobs"-she immediately backtracked, but the Republicans are already using it to define her)

Personally, I think a Republican Governor from a Blue State is the perfect candidate. They are experts at dealmaking, negotiation and compromise. They cant hold extreme views on social issues because they would be unelectable to their constituents. 

(Most people don't realize that as Governor of MA, Mitt Romney worked with Ted Kennedy to bring in universal healthcare at the state level)

That being said, I would love to see Chris Christie run, but I don't know if he's right wing enough to get through the primary...and telling a heckler to sit down and shut up last week definitely raised some eyebrows.

Senators have a difficult time as candidates because they have a voting record. All types of stuff can be pinned on you thats completely unfair.  Thats where most of the attack ads come from, and both sides do it.

(Many of the proposed bills never even make it out of committee and never even have a chance of making it to a vote

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: muppet on November 11, 2014, 12:55:18 PM

He has posted a few times now that he is not only a Democrat, but actually an Obama supporter!  :D :D :D :D

Hilarious stuff.

yes, I voted for Obama and would disagree with Whitey's position on Universal healthcare for example. However, unlike people like you I don't hold republicans in contempt just because I disagree with some of their positions.

I also don't see why Whitey needs to explain the position of the GOP on women voters to someone who makes disgusting , misogynistic comments about womens menstrual cycles....do you ?

The hypocrisy is beyond parody at this stage.

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 11, 2014, 01:36:31 PM

Hilarious stuff.

yes, I voted for Obama and would disagree with Whitey's position on Universal healthcare for example. However, unlike people like you I don't hold republicans in contempt just because I disagree with some of their positions.

I also don't see why Whitey needs to explain the position of the GOP on women voters to someone who makes disgusting , misogynistic comments about womens menstrual cycles....do you ?

It sure is.  ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

AhNowRef

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 11, 2014, 01:36:31 PM

Hilarious stuff.

Mikey, Im not really aware of where it originates from but you do seem to have an unhealthy hard on for yer man Seafoid ... what gives? .. and is it reciprocated?