6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

GJL

Quote from: Eire90 on May 03, 2022, 10:49:30 PM
donaldson had a nightmare i here

Caught in the headlights. They will have a bloody nose come Saturday morning.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eire90 on May 03, 2022, 10:49:30 PM
donaldson had a nightmare i here

Aye lucidtalk done poll there, Eastwood won , Donaldson last

imtommygunn

Donaldson is turning out to be exactly what I thought poots would be. I can't believe how bad a leader he is. (Unfortunately he will still get a pile of votes as he's not "them 'uns".

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 04, 2022, 07:36:20 AM
Donaldson is turning out to be exactly what I thought poots would be. I can't believe how bad a leader he is. (Unfortunately he will still get a pile of votes as he's not "them 'uns".

A Machiavellian mind he certainly isn't, comes across very poorly when asked even the most basic of questions, promoted way beyond his ability, but was the obvious candidate as leader when you consider Sammy, Ian Og etc etc.

I sincerely hope they take a booting this weekend, but I've still a nagging doubt.

RedHand88

Anyone notice how TUV and Sinn Féin are using the exact same election slogan?!  ;D

"Vote for change". I hate how "change" has become a buzzword for politicians to run campaigns on, even (seemingly) by parties who are already in the executive!  ::)

imtommygunn

I have my doubts too. You drive through places like ards, east belfast, ballymena  etc and see the anti protocol stuff about. They've done enough fear mongering in key areas to pick up enough of a vote  :(

Same anywhere wrt change. The tories were running on a change policy despite being in government for 10+ years. People still fall for it!! (They changed plenty - just not for the better!!)

6th sam

Can't say I've followed the election that closely but what concerns me is that loss of DUP votes to TUV may not have much negative impact on seats . TuV will get an increased vote but most will still be eliminated early and I imagine will transfer en masse to DUP. Similarly  Ulster unionists voters though attracted by Beattie's middle ground ethos are still unionists and may favour transferring to DUP.  DUP vote may also hold up ok as their scaremongering, "protocol and keep SF out " , approach will result in an increased unionist turnout , favouring the unionist party most likely to keep SF out  and optimising internal unionist transferring. There remains nationalist and middle ground apathy - despite demographic changes , the nationalist vote has not really increased as much as expected in recent years.
I hope DUP get a beating but It ain't over yet.

imtommygunn

Yeah I would still expect SF to be number 1 party at the end of this but I would be very surprised were DUP anything other than number 2 and probably by a decent enough margin.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

None of this will make a difference really except symbolically

trailer

Eastwood definitely the best performer. Skewed Jeffrey at every chance. Thought Michelle was good as well. Assured and has definitely been for coaching around her delivery. Slower and assured.
Doug doesn't perform well in these formal setups. He's the bloke next door. Looks like he put a suit on for the niece's wedding.
Jeffrey sucked up the airtime quite cleverly but was all over the shop. Unionist voters surely have to see that?
Naomi talks sense but sitting on the fence in regards to a UI isn't a tenable position in the long term. She's also got into an awful size.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on May 04, 2022, 09:06:48 AM
Eastwood definitely the best performer. Skewed Jeffrey at every chance. Thought Michelle was good as well. Assured and has definitely been for coaching around her delivery. Slower and assured.
Doug doesn't perform well in these formal setups. He's the bloke next door. Looks like he put a suit on for the niece's wedding.
Jeffrey sucked up the airtime quite cleverly but was all over the shop. Unionist voters surely have to see that?
Naomi talks sense but sitting on the fence in regards to a UI isn't a tenable position in the long term. She's also got into an awful size.

You would be very worried about here health if close to her, did she say recently she had some condition, MON flat out dieting by looks of it, mad weight loss

johnnycool

I think it is for the Alliance.

If and when a border poll is in place, they just need to sit back and say they'll accept the will of the majority and work within any structure that's decided on.

No need to alienate any side of your voting base and then have a clean slate post border poll.

trailer

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 04, 2022, 09:13:20 AM

You would be very worried about here health if close to her, did she say recently she had some condition, MON flat out dieting by looks of it, mad weight loss

She has. She looks a lot healthier. Politics I don't think is a career that allows for a healthy lifestyle. Late nights. Endless meetings. Food on the go. No time for the gym. Fair play to her.

Rossfan

Quote from: johnnycool on May 04, 2022, 09:26:44 AM

I think it is for the Alliance.

If and when a border poll is in place, they just need to sit back and say they'll accept the will of the majority and work within any structure that's decided on.

No need to alienate any side of your voting base and then have a clean slate post border poll.
100%
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM